HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Oilers-bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1458759)

Tookey98 07-01-2013 02:05 AM

Oilers-bruins

To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line

firstemperor 07-01-2013 02:09 AM

I'd imagine the Oilers would pass

29MacKinnon29 07-01-2013 02:11 AM

I don't think that's a bad deal at all. I doubt it happens, though.

Jot 07-01-2013 02:11 AM

Seguin plays with swag, Yakupov plays with heart. Big No from oilers. I think a deal centering around seguin and evander kane would be nice.

BOLD MacT Trade 07-01-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 68398453)
To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line

We would look better with Hall and Yak on the same line. Easy pass from Oilers.

hockeyjack89 07-01-2013 02:21 AM

No no no no no no!!! (Oilers fan)

Valic 07-01-2013 02:44 AM

Pass from Oilers.

thadd 07-01-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 (Post 68399045)
No no no no no no!!! (Oilers fan)

This times ten to the power of ten.

Yakupov brings so much energy and passion to the team. You can't have too much of that.

Sacul 07-01-2013 04:02 AM

If the Oilers wanted Seguin they would have picked him. No way they give up Yakupov for him.

Soundwave 07-01-2013 04:11 AM

It's not a bad deal but Yakupov has two more years of ELC contract to use, and the Oilers are really high on him and why not ... he lead the team in goal scoring as a rookie playing a lot of the season on the third line.

Whereas Seguin seems to be getting questioned by his own GM. Yakupov trains extremely hard and stays at practice longer than pretty much any other player.

crt 07-01-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacul (Post 68401491)
If the Oilers wanted Seguin they would have picked him. No way they give up Yakupov for him.

This makes about as much sense as saying if the Avalanche wanted Drouin, they would have picked him.

IrishPaulie 07-01-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacul (Post 68401491)

There was massive speculation that Edmonton tried to trade for the 2nd overall pick that year and land both Hall and Seguin. I dunno about you but when there's usually that much smoke.......

CREW99AW 07-01-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 68402507)
There was massive speculation that Edmonton tried to trade for the 2nd overall pick that year and land both Hall and Seguin. I dunno about you but when there's usually that much smoke.......

Campbell had interesting comments about why Seguin is being shopped.
He pointed out the Bruins tight cap , but also Seguin was expected to play center , his lousy practice habits , salary increase and whether Boston is sending him a message to mature.

I would rather have Nail on his ELC , then Seguin at $6m and playing inconsistently.

Trafalgar Law 07-01-2013 09:05 AM

Oilers laugh their a**es off. Both players had similar production last year, except Yak was on his ELC. Seguin is an off-ice distraction and has committment issues. Yak has among the best work ethic in the NHL is even more committed to hockey than Hall.

Pros and Cons 07-01-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law (Post 68404993)
Oilers laugh their a**es off. Both players had similar production last year, except Yak was on his ELC. Seguin is an off-ice distraction and has committment issues. Yak has among the best work ethic in the NHL is even more committed to hockey than Hall.

I love passion in any person doing their job and if you look at pics of Yak; Ebs & Hall you can always notice the Oilers gear they are wearing on off days. Pretty cool to see the pride.

bb_fan 07-01-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 68403249)
Campbell had interesting comments about why Seguin is being shopped.
He pointed out the Bruins tight cap , but also Seguin was expected to play center , his lousy practice habits , salary increase and whether Boston is sending him a message to mature.

I would rather have Nail on his ELC , then Seguin at $6m and playing inconsistently.

I would speculate both.... if the bruins could get what they wanted for seguin via trade they make the deal.... if not the 'rumors' will hopefully be enough of a kick in the ass to get him to start growing up....

Seguin not playing center though is a function of the team not the player.

agreen23 07-01-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law (Post 68404993)

Newsflash, Seguin was on his ELC as well.

tony d 07-01-2013 10:35 AM

Oilers say no to this.

Oates2Neely 07-01-2013 10:39 AM

Seguin will recover. Kid had an off year & opposing fans are kicking dirt on his name. He led the Bruins in scoring one short year ago as a 20yr old. 29 goals, 60+ points, he's no flash in the pan. He'll be lighting goal lamps for years to come. Don't turn sour on the kid yet, Chia is pushing his buttons, he wants Seguin to work his ass off in the offseason and come back hungry as ever, & lead this team offensively. I've got all the confidence in the world that Seguin will respond.

BruinsHockey74 07-01-2013 10:47 AM

The Bruins are a classy organization.

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.

frag2 07-01-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 68402507)

Supposedly Tambo had asked Chiarelli what he would want for the 2nd pick. Chiarelli said Eberle and Hemsky and Tambo declined because he didn't want to part with Eberle.

frag2 07-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 (Post 68408833)

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.

Kind of like Seguin with the Jr high-high school girls right?:laugh:

orby 07-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 (Post 68408833)

...he literally did that once. You're making a character judgment about a dude because he was really happy that he scored his first NHL goal? I'd rather have an exuberant player than a guy who doesn't look happy to be there - but that's just me. In any case, if Chiarelli's comments yesterday hold any weight, Tyler Seguin is hardly the type of guy who is "classy" enough to "fit with the Bruins team members." Seguin for Yakupov would be an absolute steal by Boston.

Dr Danglefest 07-01-2013 11:44 AM

Would rather have Seguin...both players are great though

If 36 points in 48 games is a "down year" then great can't wait for him to mature into the superstar he will be

s7ark 07-01-2013 11:54 AM

The Oilers need Yakupov's goal scoring. Plus I am wary of Seguin since he said he's had a bad hip his whole life.