HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Around the NHL (Leafs to Extend Husqy Phil) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1458991)

Jame 07-01-2013 11:29 AM

Around the NHL (Leafs to Extend Husqy Phil)

Chainshot's favorite all time defensemen is on waivers....
Keith Ballard

Jame 07-01-2013 11:32 AM

looks like Bobrovsky signed 2 years

Beerz 07-01-2013 11:52 AM

I was hoping we could of gotten one of Columbus later 1st rounders for Miller yesterday.

TehDoak 07-01-2013 12:09 PM

Gotta think someone will grab him. Still a bit of tread left on those tires.

WhoIsJimBob 07-01-2013 02:21 PM

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ly-mapped-out/

Roy's pencilled in his top 3 lines as:

ROR-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay
McGinn-MacKinnon-Downie

1972 07-01-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio (Post 68424747)

ROR-Duchene-Parenteau
McGinn-MacKinnon-Downie

Those are 4 incredible building blocks

Paxon 07-01-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 68414439)
looks like Bobrovsky signed 2 years

Most sensible deal. You can't give him a long term contract after one great year.

Paxon 07-01-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio (Post 68424747)

ROR-Duchene-Parenteau
McGinn-MacKinnon-Downie

Very strong. I imagine they'll be active in free agency trying to acquire defensemen, probably in the trade market as well.

Zip15 07-01-2013 03:46 PM

Tim Thomas exploring options to return to NHL. Bad thing for Miller's market value.

ZeroPT* 07-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 68429817)
Tim Thomas exploring options to return to NHL. Bad thing for Miller's market value.

I strongly disagree. Why would a washed up 40 year old locker-room cancer goalie do that would affect Miller's potential value/destinations?
He isn't a legit option anymore IMO.
I still think someone will bite on Miller, perhaps EDM? seeing as they offered quite a bit for Shneider, the price wouldn't be as steep and they would probably be able to push for the playoffs (have a better chance at it anyway) with Miller since they have the worst goalie in their new Division. I'd do something like :
MPS+3rd+Cap dump
for
Miller

Kublakhan 07-01-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPT (Post 68446591)
I strongly disagree. Why would a washed up 40 year old locker-room cancer goalie do that would affect Miller's potential value/destinations?
I still think someone will bite on Miller, perhaps EDM? seeing as they offered quite a bit for Shneider, the price wouldn't be as steep and they would probably be able to push for the playoffs (have a better chance at it anyway) with Miller since they have the worst goalie in their new Division. I'd do something like :
MPS+3rd+Cap dump
for
Miller

Plus dude is just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs :help:

boots electric 07-01-2013 09:38 PM

Tim Thomas, the locker room cancer who backstopped his team to a Stanley Cup victory while posting some of the best goaltending statistics in playoff history.

You're crazier than Tim Thomas if you don't think someone will take a chance on him for a one or two year contract.

As far as Thomas' return having an effect on Miller's value, I'm not so sure. His perceived value to outsiders, sure, but I get the impression people have known about Thomas' intentions for a while now

La Cosa Nostra 07-01-2013 10:02 PM

If people are pointing to Miller's age as a major detriment to his value then what does that make Thomas?39 years old, spent a whole year out of hockey and is a major distraction.He benefited majorly by playing in Boston's system/behind Chara.Seeing Rask step in and perform just as good if not better makes me leery of him replicating his Boston success elsewhere.

Zip15 07-01-2013 10:12 PM

Ryan Miller will cost a team assets. Thomas will cost a team nothing but money.

Beerz 07-02-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kublakhan (Post 68447183)
Plus dude is just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs :help:

there is nothing cuckoo about tim thomas.

SECRET SQUIRREL 07-02-2013 12:40 AM

Agree beerz, think it's gotta be a liberal thing. anyways, him wanting to play definitely hurts Miller's value. Like Zip said, he won't cost any assets to get.

WhoIsJimBob 07-02-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

MPS+3rd+Cap dump
for
Miller

There is talk that the Flyers are interested in Thomas.

That would affect the market for Miller.

And I can't see Miller accepting a trade to the Oilers.

Karate Johnson 07-02-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio (Post 68459863)
There is talk that the Flyers are interested in Thomas.

That would affect the market for Miller.

And I can't see Miller accepting a trade to the Oilers.

Miller doesn't get to "accept" trades.

He gets to make a list of 8 teams, and if Darcy works out a deal with a team not in that list that's where he goes.

joshjull 07-02-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karate Johnson (Post 68462585)
Miller doesn't get to "accept" trades.

He gets to make a list of 8 teams, and if Darcy works out a deal with a team not in that list that's where he goes.

I'm pretty sure his point is the Oilers are likely 1 of his 8 teams. So in order for him to go there he would have to "accept" the trade.

Chainshot 07-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 68414305)
Chainshot's favorite all time defensemen is on waivers....
Keith Ballard

No interest at that salary.

Mit Yarrum 07-02-2013 09:22 AM

LOL How did TT become a locker room cancer?

Paxon 07-02-2013 09:31 AM

I don't understand how anyone who lives in the same world I do can honestly question whether or not there would be teams interested in signing Tim Thomas.

His age + being out of the league might give some organizations pause. That he he put up his results behind a great team defense and that Rask had similar success behind the same team might give some orgs pause. That he is three kinds of bag ("d", nut, and, because he hates treehuggers so much, plastic) will give some orgs pause.

The bottom line is when you add that all up, there are only a few teams who'd just completely rule out Thomas out of hand if they were otherwise interested in a short-term goalie. That's reality. Teams that need a goalie for one or two seasons will kick the tires. It's foolish not to from a negotiation standpoint.

Does anyone really think if Holmgren is comfortable with a veteran stopgap that he'd not consider Thomas just because of the antics?

Chainshot 07-02-2013 09:32 AM

Nutbar and goalie in the same sentance? Not a surprise. (Sorry OG!)

But if he can stop the puck, teams will be interested.

haseoke39 07-02-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

MPS+3rd+Cap dump
for
Miller

Who the **** is MPS?

Paxon 07-02-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haseoke39 (Post 68464751)
Who the **** is MPS?

Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson of the Oilers. Svensson is his true last name and he chose to add "Paajarvi" to honor a grandparent and presumably the Finnish half of his heritage. Guess he hated having a long name on his jersey because he simplified it to Paajarvi at some point after being drafted.