HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Do you think Tambellini should sign with the Kings this Summer? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=145916)

Albi 06-08-2005 06:10 AM

Do you think Tambellini should sign with the Kings this Summer?

I don't know if I have to hope it or not...

Reaper45 06-08-2005 09:08 AM

I dont think so. Let him finish his senior season. Although him and Clarke on the wings, with Lehoux centering them could be interesting.

Matt13 06-08-2005 10:21 AM

New CBA , maybe but I would prefer he stayed at Michigan
No CBA, No way

King'sPawn 06-08-2005 12:50 PM

I think he should spend at least half a season (preferrably a full season) in Manchester.

GoneFullHextall 06-08-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I think he should spend at least half a season (preferrably a full season) in Manchester.

totally agree. Cammy did it then so can Tambellini

Albi 06-08-2005 01:49 PM

But do you think another season of College hockey will be a wasted year for his development?

T2M 06-08-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
But do you think another season of College hockey will be a wasted year for his development?

Only if he decides to waste it. There's plenty he can work on in the college game, like raw skills. Let's face it, it's not always playing against top competition that makes a player better, it's playing tops against the competition they're up against.

Matt13 06-08-2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

Again it goes back to if a CBA is signed. Tambs will get a lot more playing time in Michigan then if he signs with a pretty well stocked team of top line players that are already in Manchester. Of course if Brown and Cammy or others are up in LA due to an agreement, Tambs best progression to become a pro in LA will be with Manchester next year.

Albi 06-08-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt13
Again it goes back to if a CBA is signed. Tambs will get a lot more playing time in Michigan then if he signs with a pretty well stocked team of top line players that are already in Manchester. Of course if Brown and Cammy or others are up in LA due to an agreement, Tambs best progression to become a pro in LA will be with Manchester next year.

IMO Brown will be 100% in LA next season, Mike has a good chance too and if Lehoux keeps flourishing he'll fight for a roster spot with the big guys. I think next year in Manchester guys like Kanko, Clarke and Hogeboom will get top6 ice time, I remember last October Boudreau said that he expected Hogie to be on one of the 2 top lines for the 2005-2006 campaign, too bad he missed almost the whole season due to injuries. Pushkarev is another question mark: will he play again in the juniors or he'll be with the Monarchs?

Matt13 06-08-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

IMO Brown will be 100% in LA next season, Mike has a good chance too and if Lehoux keeps flourishing he'll fight for a roster spot with the big guys. I think next year in Manchester guys like Kanko, Clarke and Hogeboom will get top6 ice time, I remember last October Boudreau said that he expected Hogie to be on one of the 2 top lines for the 2005-2006 campaign, too bad he missed almost the whole season due to injuries. Pushkarev is another question mark: will he play again in the juniors or he'll be with the Monarchs?

Push, will take the push and jump for sure

King'sPawn 06-08-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily. He should be concerned for his life after the NHL for one, so getting a degree wouldn't hurt. But also, he has a talented team; it wouldn't hurt for him to develop some leadership skills while leading his team to the Frozen Four.

Now if he spends his entire time eating Doritos, drinking beer, and playing with himself while watching Smurfs, THAT would be a wasted year of development.

Not like I have any experience with that or anything.

Albi 06-08-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

You liar...:D

Reaper45 06-08-2005 11:07 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily. He should be concerned for his life after the NHL for one, so getting a degree wouldn't hurt. But also, he has a talented team; it wouldn't hurt for him to develop some leadership skills while leading his team to the Frozen Four.

Now if he spends his entire time eating Doritos, drinking beer, and playing with himself while watching Smurfs, THAT would be a wasted year of development.

A big fan of Gargamel are we?

King Blazer 06-09-2005 09:33 PM

With respect to Pushkarev returning to Juniors:

I thought I read somewhere that import + overager was unlikely to happen because it costs them an extra space or something like that. I'm not sure where I read it, or if it's even remotely true???? If my memory serves me correctly, it was something about teams only being allowed so many imports and so many overagers and Pushkarev would use one of each of those limits????

Legionnaire 06-09-2005 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
With respect to Pushkarev returning to Juniors:

I thought I read somewhere that import + overager was unlikely to happen because it costs them an extra space or something like that. I'm not sure where I read it, or if it's even remotely true???? If my memory serves me correctly, it was something about teams only being allowed so many imports and so many overagers and Pushkarev would use one of each of those limits????

That's correct. I doubt Calgary will waste two exceptions on one player.

King Blazer 06-09-2005 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire

Thanks for clearing that up for me...It's been a long lock-out... :cry:

Sam 06-10-2005 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire

I would think the Hitmen would use two exceptions for Pushkarev. Getzlaf's gone. Assuming Ladd goes pro as well, Calgary wouldn't have one forward left that had 30 points last season.

washie 06-15-2005 06:32 PM

I would love to see him in the AHL, as I am a big fan of his but have been fallowing Baseball as of late.

B-MEL 06-16-2005 11:08 AM

Push signed with Manchester just before the Playoffs correct? I believe it was a Professional tryout deal. Does that mean he can't go back to Juniors?

dafranchz 06-16-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin Man
Push signed with Manchester just before the Playoffs correct? I believe it was a Professional tryout deal. Does that mean he can't go back to Juniors?

Yes.

King Blazer 06-16-2005 11:21 AM

Quote:

Push signed with Manchester just before the Playoffs correct?

Correct

Quote:

I believe it was a Professional tryout deal.

Incorrect
From the Kings site www.lakings.com

4/28/2005

MANCHESTER, NH – The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed center Konstantin Pushkarev to an amateur tryout agreement, Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced on Thursday.

Pushkarev, 20, comes to the Monarchs after scoring 52 points (22-30=52) and recording 50 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League during the 2004-05 season. The 5-foot-9, 168-pound native of Ust. Kamenogorst, Kazachstan, is a second-round pick (44th overall) of the Kings in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

The Monarchs, regular season champions of the American Hockey League’s Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference, will resume their best-of-seven Atlantic Division Semifinal series when they host the Providence Bruins in Game 5 at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Thursday, April 28 at 7:35 p.m. The series is tied at two games apiece.

Prior to the ATO in Manchester and also from the Kings site:

9/14/2004

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a three-year entry level contract with forward Konstantin Pushkarev, Kings Senior Vice President/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

Pushkarev, 19, appeared in five games this past season with Avangard Omsk of the Russian Hockey League and recorded a goal and zero penalty minutes. The 6-0, 180-pound native of Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, also appeared in 34 games for Avengard in the Russian First Division where he registered 28 points (17-11=28) and 64 penalty minutes.

Originally selected by the Kings in the second-round (44th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Pushkarev is expected to join the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League for the upcoming season.

Munce also signed an ATO and from what Munce told me, he and Pushkarev are both "eligible" to return to the juniors...

Quote:

Does that mean he can't go back to Juniors?

No, at least not according to Munce...