HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New backup goaltender? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1459453)

NorthAlPredfan 07-01-2013 10:52 PM

New backup goaltender?

I saw where we picked up a couple goalies in the draft but are these guys anywhere near NHL ready? Do you guys think we should look to what's in the system to eventually replace Mason as our backup or maybe go after a veteran. I know Philly dropped Bryz this week and he's probably still a good #1 goalie somewhere but I just read where the Islanders were buying out Rick DePietro. Do you think he would be a good backup for us or anywhere else? I don't see him as a #1 again. I know offense is what everyone is talking up the last couple days but if Rinne was to have a bad injury this upcoming season we could be hosed. Just wondering what you guys think.

Predsrule 07-01-2013 10:55 PM

For bare min? I'd take a flyer on dp.

braindead 07-01-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predsrule (Post 68451391)
For bare min? I'd take a flyer on dp.

Don't you want to help Dan Ellis make his car payments? #danellisproblems

PredsV82 07-02-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan (Post 68451251)
I saw where we picked up a couple goalies in the draft but are these guys anywhere near NHL ready? Do you guys think we should look to what's in the system to eventually replace Mason as our backup or maybe go after a veteran. I know Philly dropped Bryz this week and he's probably still a good #1 goalie somewhere but I just read where the Islanders were buying out Rick DePietro. Do you think he would be a good backup for us or anywhere else? I don't see him as a #1 again. I know offense is what everyone is talking up the last couple days but if Rinne was to have a bad injury this upcoming season we could be hosed. Just wondering what you guys think.

dipietros problem is his injury history.

Id rather have Dan Ellis, Greiss, or even Moose Hedberg who will probably be available now that New Jersey has Schneider and Brodeur.

NorthAlPredfan 07-02-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 68454095)
dipietros problem is his injury history.

Id rather have Dan Ellis, Greiss, or even Moose Hedberg who will probably be available now that New Jersey has Schneider and Brodeur.

I knew he had a history of injuries but for a backup I would think he would work out but we would need someone who could keep his health up if he needed to fill in for an injured Rinne I guess. Until you mentioned New Jersey's goalies I hadn't even realized how stacked they are going to be in that slot for a good while. They really got a good deal.