HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Richards and Carter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14597)

CharlieGirl 09-26-2003 05:46 PM

Richards and Carter

I was at the game tonight in Kitchener - it was scrappy, and neither team played extremely well. (Kitchener won 4-2)

Richards - 1G (PP), 1A
Carter - 1G (PP) - a beauty

Carter had one breakaway - he should have had a goal (goalie moved first - if Carter had lifted the puck at all, it was a goal). If tonight was any indication, Carter is definitely the scorer - he stayed out of the fights.

Richards had two breakaways - Carter took a tripping penalty to prevent a goal on the second. His goal was a typical Richards goal - a scramble in front of the goal.

I can't speak to Carter's play compared to last year, but I saw a big improvement in Richards' game - more hitting, more speed, and there is no question he is his team's leader.

Rails 09-26-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I was at the game tonight in Kitchener - it was scrappy, and neither team played extremely well. (Kitchener won 4-2)

Richards - 1G (PP), 1A
Carter - 1G (PP) - a beauty

Carter had one breakaway - he should have had a goal (goalie moved first - if Carter had lifted the puck at all, it was a goal). If tonight was any indication, Carter is definitely the scorer - he stayed out of the fights.

Richards had two breakaways - Carter took a tripping penalty to prevent a goal on the second. His goal was a typical Richards goal - a scramble in front of the goal.

I can't speak to Carter's play compared to last year, but I saw a big improvement in Richards' game - more hitting, more speed, and there is no question he is his team's leader.

I wonder what it is like to be playing against someone that you had spent a couple weeks out of the summer with. So...these two? Top Six potential?

FlyersGuy69 09-26-2003 08:40 PM

thanks for the update Charlie_Girl49 ! keep em coming.

GKJ 09-27-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

I saw a big improvement in Richards' game - more hitting, more speed, and there is no question he is his team's leader.

This is about what we expect from Richards. A balanced player with leadership skills but not too flashy.

FearTheFlyers 09-28-2003 03:57 AM

Quote:

Carter's body has definetly improved.a lot stronger and he uses his strenght well even if that is not really his game..Even though he is captain he doesn't seem to have those leadersip qualities like mike.
And he really shies away from any rough stuff...:)

sinisalo 09-28-2003 05:07 AM

This past 1st round will go down in Flyer's history as their best in history. Carter and Richards will both be stars in the NHL, they will be line 1 and line 2 centers and one of them will be the C. Great picks by Clarke, he has set up a nice foundation for this team.

Woywitka, Pitkanen, Carter, Richards= great foundation

The Seeker 25 09-29-2003 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisalo
Woywitka, Pitkanen, Carter, Richards= great foundation

No question we have a great foundation at D and F..........I'd just like to see a franchise-potential type player in the goal crease. Championship teams are built from the goalline out......