HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CSN Philly: Flyers Qualify Gustafsson, Lauridsen, Wellwood, Manning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1459775)

BillyShoe1721 07-02-2013 01:50 PM

Flyers Qualify Gustafsson, Lauridsen, Wellwood, Manning
 
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...n-three-others

Meaning Blake Kessel and Mitch Wahl were not given qualifying offers. Fine with me, those are the four I would have qualified.

JDinkalage Morgoone 07-02-2013 01:53 PM

Glad to see Wellwood is gonna get a second chance. Thought he was a goner.

sa cyred 07-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 68476729)
Glad to see Wellwood is gonna get a second chance. Thought he was a goner.

With his injury, doubt he competes for a roster spot again. Gotta think it affects his speed.

RJ8812* 07-02-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 68476729)
Glad to see Wellwood is gonna get a second chance. Thought he was a goner.

he should be. He's barely an NHLer and couldnt even make this team last year when he was healthy

CSKA1974 07-02-2013 01:57 PM

Kudos to the organization that has done well for Wellwood.

However, he has a long road to recovery, will his cap hit affect flyers ceiling? (at least for the Summer, while he is on LTIR)

JDinkalage Morgoone 07-02-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 68476957)
he should be. He's barely an NHLer and couldnt even make this team last year when he was healthy

Sure but I hate to see guys get cut loose after an injury. At least he gets a chance to prove himself.

captainpaxil 07-02-2013 02:03 PM

class move qualifying wellwood. what happened with kessell ill never know kid seemed like he had a future, then ..................

CS 07-02-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainpaxil (Post 68477477)
class move qualifying wellwood.

Yeah. I don't see why some people are so emo about it.

Kid played very well for us, played in some NHL games, got hurt in a gruesome way, and we're footing his medical bills for all intents and purposes.

Remember how all those kids of the main boards called the Flyers a classless organization for everything they did to poor Carter and Ilya "the victim" Bryzgalov?

It's little things like giving this kid who played his hardest for us another chance that really demonstrate the loyalty of this organization. I have no freaking issue with Wellwood signing here whatsoever. If you have an issue with it, you're pretty petty.



EDIT: On a side note, I haven't heard that Gus has fired Winter yet. That's making me nervous.

Curufinwe 07-02-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSKA1974 (Post 68477023)
Kudos to the organization that has done well for Wellwood.

However, he has a long road to recovery, will his cap hit affect flyers ceiling? (at least for the Summer, while he is on LTIR)

Meltzer says:

Quote:

The Flyers extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Erik Gustafsson, Oliver Lauridsen, Brendan Manning and Eric Wellwood. They declined to extend to qualifying offers to forward Mitch Wahl and defenseman Blake Kessel, making both minor league players unrestricted free agents and removing them from the organization's crowded reserve list.

All the qualifying offers were expected. However, Wellwood's gruesome self-inflicted skate cut that severed tendons in his leg and will require at least nine months of recovery time creates some complications once he re-signs. National Hockey League teams are not allowed to waive/demote injured players down to the American Hockey League which means Philly will have to carry Wellwood and his $594,000 salary (assuming he accepts the qualifying offer) on their NHL roster and salary cap number until he's medically cleared.

Bernie Parent 1974 07-02-2013 03:37 PM

like these moves

GingerFetish 07-02-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 68478003)
we're footing his medical bills for all intents and purposes.

:sarcasm:

Unstable 07-02-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 68478003)
Yeah. I don't see why some people are so emo about it.

Kid played very well for us, played in some NHL games, got hurt in a gruesome way, and we're footing his medical bills for all intents and purposes.

Remember how all those kids of the main boards called the Flyers a classless organization for everything they did to poor Carter and Ilya "the victim" Bryzgalov?

It's little things like giving this kid who played his hardest for us another chance that really demonstrate the loyalty of this organization. I have no freaking issue with Wellwood signing here whatsoever. If you have an issue with it, you're pretty petty.



EDIT: On a side note, I haven't heard that Gus has fired Winter yet. That's making me nervous.

Amen.

phlocky 07-02-2013 04:32 PM

Good, at least we've started free agency off on the right foot. Now I'm just waiting for homer to trip and fall on his face, give himself a concussion and start handing out 8 year, 7 mil per deals to guys over 35. :shakehead

DrHamburg 07-02-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 68476503)
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...n-three-others

Meaning Blake Kessel and Mitch Wahl were not given qualifying offers. Fine with me, those are the four I would have qualified.

Agreed. I wouldve done the same.

Rabid Husky 07-02-2013 09:51 PM

What are the odds that Lauridsen makes the Flyers out of camp? Looked like he played pretty good when he was called up from the games i saw.

kicksave27 07-02-2013 09:57 PM

the flyers by and large take care of the players. Keith Jones and JR books, basically confirm that. The lone exception being dave babych who sued the team for "forcing" him to play with broken bones in his foot in the playoffs. It's the playoffs, think of your skate as a walking boot you nancy.

RJ8812* 07-02-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksave27 (Post 68518431)
the flyers by and large take care of the players. Keith Jones and JR books, basically confirm that. The lone exception being dave babych who sued the team for "forcing" him to play with broken bones in his foot in the playoffs. It's the playoffs, think of your skate as a walking boot you nancy.

:shakehead

ImGoingNucks 07-03-2013 10:42 AM

HAHA oh boy..

I should go back to bed!

:laugh:

Appleyard 07-03-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks (Post 68553151)
Oh man, im glad Wellwood aint a Canuck problem anymore :D

I still remember being shocked by his weight-gain during an injury when he was a Canuck.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...wFqZ0ZfI2c7K9s

Wrong Wellwood!

Ours is his little (in girth and age) brother!

ImGoingNucks 07-03-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleyard (Post 68553241)
Wrong Wellwood!

Ours is his little (in girth and age) brother!

:laugh:, Yeah I kinda figured after I posted... My brain is major shutting down atm :laugh:

hckyplayer8 07-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Husky (Post 68518009)
What are the odds that Lauridsen makes the Flyers out of camp? Looked like he played pretty good when he was called up from the games i saw.

I agree. I would pencil him in over Gerv. as the extra D.

ImGoingNucks 07-03-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 68553789)
I agree. I would pencil him in over Gerv. as the extra D.

I can add, he had an awesome WC, and this time I promise, it's Oliver and not his younger brother :)

Flyersfan1493 07-03-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 68553789)
I agree. I would pencil him in over Gerv. as the extra D.

While he may be the better player than Gervais, that doesn't mean he should be the 7th defenseman on the team. He needs more playing time to improve and he won't get that as the 7.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.