HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1460307)

Marc-E- 07-02-2013 10:00 PM

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

We already knew that we gonna build this hockey club by drafts. Due to the poor free agency (there's non frenzy this year in the pool) Would rather take a cool off by not bringing anyone from the free market and wait for opportunities via trades?

hototogisu 07-02-2013 10:14 PM

I hijacked your thread since the other off-season moves thread was at the limit...figured this would accomplish about the same thing.

That Habs Fan 07-02-2013 10:18 PM

The more I think about it, the more I hope we target Nathan Horton, who has made it clear he's not going back to Boston (thank god, not that he's their best player or anything, but, anything that makes them worse is a-ok by me!)

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Horton
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Dumont

:yo:

blarneylad 07-02-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 68523861)
We already knew that we gonna build this hockey club by drafts. Due to the poor free agency (there's non frenzy this year in the pool) Would rather take a cool off by not bringing anyone from the free market and wait for opportunities via trades?

Let other teams strap themselves against the cap with players like Lecavalier, Iginla, Clarkson and Horton.

Though I would be all for a 5 year 25M deal for Clarkson.

grab a guy like briere for one year and trade him at deadline should habs be out of race. continue the rebuild. Let the youngsters learn from a Pro like Briere for the season.

WG 07-02-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto (Post 68525337)
The more I think about it, the more I hope we target Nathan Horton, who has made it clear he's not going back to Boston (thank god, not that he's their best player or anything, but, anything that makes them worse is a-ok by me!)

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Horton
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Dumont

:yo:

Horton apparently looking for $6M per on a long term deal. Big pass for a guy who is one hit away from being turned into a pumpkin. At the risk of being overly pessimistic the UFA crop is pretty terrible and any of the "big" names are going to go for way too much. Clarkson is going to get $5M as a 40-point guy; Clowe is a shell of what he was but he'll still get 3-4 years; hell, we're talking about going 4 years, $16M plus for Pascal friggin' Dupuis.

The only sensible moves on forwards will be guys like Jagr who will only get 1-2 years. Michael Ryder's last deal was just 2 years and frankly if he'd take 2 years at $4 per that would be a lot more sensible than going long term on the so-called top tier.

If the team is looking to add extra depth on D then I'd look at Tyson Strachan and possibly Jon Blum, who was not qualified by Nashville but is just 24.

Bieber fever 07-02-2013 10:37 PM

Ribeiro
Briere
Dupuis

Marc-E- 07-02-2013 10:40 PM

Why not going for Edler kind of dman via a trade?

Marc-E- 07-02-2013 10:42 PM

And try to find a top 6 with size via trade also?

OpenIceHit 07-02-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bieber fever (Post 68527169)
Ribeiro
Briere
Dupuis

Yup! Three guys we don't need!

Marc-E- 07-02-2013 10:45 PM

Real young key pieces la Stewart, Perron, Edler, etc. I mean I would like us to get a younger core.

DanltQC 07-02-2013 10:48 PM

Mike Rebeiro back in MTL? Yes please!

PyrettaBlaze 07-02-2013 10:49 PM

Dupuis off the market!!!!

prairie hab 07-02-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 68527661)
And try to find a top 6 with size via trade also?

Philly will need to move salaries.

Hartnell, Talbot, even Couturier can likely be had. On defense there are tons of rumours around Coburn and Mezsaros.

I doubt Philly trades in conference but you never know. I would not mind either of the d-men. Couturier would come at a steep price however in terms of picks or prospects. Talbot might be ok, but Hartnell has an atrocious contract.

ECWHSWI 07-02-2013 10:58 PM

I'll predict the next rumors : Daniel Briere, Mike Ribeiro, P.M. Bouchard, Simon Gagne, Guillaume Latendresse, Matt Lombardi, Benoit Pouliot, Jose Theodore, and a few others... they're ALL interested in playing for the Habs, every single one of them.

Galchenyuk27 07-02-2013 11:02 PM

My expectations for this offseason are currently in a nosedive that gets worse every day. At this point I'd be happy with Clarkson being our main signing. Wouldn't mind bringing Lapierre back either.

groovejuice 07-02-2013 11:08 PM

Vancouver is another team in cap hell. 16 players signed and $3m in space.

Sestito could be had cheap - didn't we try to get him on waivers? Malhotra would add depth at centre and assuming his eye issue is okay, is a great competitor. Always loved his play.

Could angle for Kessler, but Gillis is a moron and would want Subban.

1993 07-02-2013 11:22 PM

Most of the names being thrown around are horrible. Bottom line is we need some size on the wings and a dman. I would go after Edler and then add some toughness like McGrattan and see if we can get Kyle Clifford from LA. No Briere ever!!!!

andy28 07-02-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WG (Post 68527089)
Horton apparently looking for $6M per on a long term deal. Big pass for a guy who is one hit away from being turned into a pumpkin.

I do think Horton will want big bucks and someone will probably dish it out. That's free agency for ya. But I'd still hope we were interested. No harm.

groovejuice 07-02-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy28 (Post 68532505)
I do think Horton will want big bucks and someone will probably dish it out. That's free agency for ya. But I'd still hope we were interested. No harm.

The concussions are a serious concern.

Kimota 07-02-2013 11:52 PM

Let's face it, it's a weak UFA market this year. We're better continuing the rebuild, add some grit on the D and on the fourth line and that's it.

Maxpac 07-02-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1993 (Post 68531775)
Most of the names being thrown around are horrible. Bottom line is we need some size on the wings and a dman. I would go after Edler and then add some toughness like McGrattan and see if we can get Kyle Clifford from LA. No Briere ever!!!!

We need a D-man? Really? Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Dreweski think otherwise...

schumway2 07-02-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 68535369)
We need a D-man? Really? Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Dreweski think otherwise...

We need better defencemen.

Miller Time 07-02-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 68535039)
Let's face it, it's a weak UFA market this year. We're better continuing the rebuild, add some grit on the D and on the fourth line and that's it.

anyone in mind for those to moves?

Maxpac 07-03-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cap10bfl (Post 68535543)
this

Or not..

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon
Beaulieu

What's the problem?

WhiskeySeven 07-03-2013 12:12 AM

Ribeiro would do wonders for our team in the short term. We never really replaced him since Gainey huffed that can of paint and traded him. He's a legitimate #1 centre in the league and he's better than Pleks as a point producer.

Anyway, he's not coming here so there's no point talking about it and Eller/Galchenyuk and grow into the role.