HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Offer Sheet (for defensemen) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1460699)

RedWingsForPresident 07-03-2013 11:47 AM

Offer Sheet (for defensemen)

You think there's any chance that Holland offer sheets any of these Defenseman RFA's?

Alex Pietrangelo (Blues)

Current Cap Hit: 3,166,666. Probably looking for $5-$6 million per season.

Ryan McDonagh (Rangers)

Current Cap Hit: $1,300,000. Probabaly looking for $4-$5 million per season.

Zach Bogosian (Jets)

Current Cap Hit: $2,500,000. Probably looking for $3-$3.5 million per season.

Cody Franson (Maple Leafs)

Current Cap Hit: $1,200,000. Probably looking for $1.5-$2 million per season.

I think all 4 of these defensman could help out Detroit's defense. With Coliacavo getting bought out, they'd probably just have to get rid of Kyle Quincey to make room.

Obviously, Pietrangelo and McDonagh are 1-2 Dman, but Bogosian is a good 3-4 guy and Franson a nice 5-6 with 3-4 potential.

We already have a ton of UFA's and RFA's to deal with on the roster, but do you guys think one of these is a possibility? Could it work out with the Red Wings current cap space?

Trvp Lord 07-03-2013 11:53 AM

Sadly, I don't think Holland has the balls to pull off an offer sheet on any player.

SportsballChic 07-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident (Post 68557037)
You think there's any chance that Holland offer sheets any of these Defenseman RFA's?

Alex Pietrangelo (Blues)

Current Cap Hit: 3,166,666. Probably looking for $5-$6 million per season.

Ryan McDonagh (Rangers)

Current Cap Hit: $1,300,000. Probabaly looking for $4-$5 million per season.

Zach Bogosian (Jets)

Current Cap Hit: $2,500,000. Probably looking for $3-$3.5 million per season.

Cody Franson (Maple Leafs)

Current Cap Hit: $1,200,000. Probably looking for $1.5-$2 million per season.

I think all 4 of these defensman could help out Detroit's defense. With Coliacavo getting bought out, they'd probably just have to get rid of Kyle Quincey to make room.

Obviously, Pietrangelo and McDonagh are 1-2 Dman, but Bogosian is a good 3-4 guy and Franson a nice 5-6 with 3-4 potential.

We already have a ton of UFA's and RFA's to deal with on the roster, but do you guys think one of these is a possibility? Could it work out with the Red Wings current cap space?

If we weren't prepared to give up 3 picks to get Zykov, I dunno why we'd risk multiple picks on any of these guys at all.

Number1RedWingsFan52 07-03-2013 11:56 AM

Yeah sadly offersheets are against Hollands beliefs.

Gyldenlove 07-03-2013 11:58 AM

Pietrangelo should be looking for Doughty money or close to it (6.5 to 7 million).

Bogosian is a 1-2 D, he plays a TON of 5 on 5 minutes and PK. He will be looking for no less than 4 million and probably more considering the deals that Streit and Letang got.

RedWingsForPresident 07-03-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyldenlove (Post 68557819)
Pietrangelo should be looking for Doughty money or close to it (6.5 to 7 million).

Bogosian is a 1-2 D, he plays a TON of 5 on 5 minutes and PK. He will be looking for no less than 4 million and probably more considering the deals that Streit and Letang got.

When I said Bogosian 3-4, I meant on the Red Wings. Because Kronwall will still be our 1 and probably be paired up with Ericsson or Kindl for some reason. But if they got Pietrangelo or McDonagh I think they'd pair them up with Kronwall.

You're right, Pietrangelo will probably end up getting $7,000,000 a season though

Henkka 07-03-2013 12:28 PM

Bogosian would be nice, but it's only a pipe dream. Jets have tons of capspace to match the offer.

We should nuke the Maple Leafs with an offer-sheet for Franson and create some cap problems for them. Some "control" against our division rival. :naughty:

Chris 84 07-03-2013 12:31 PM

No, of course not.
Although i have said before that I'd love to see us go after McDonagh, cos he's going to be a total stud for years. And to think Montreal gave him up for less than a bag of pucks....

WingsOverAvs 07-03-2013 12:35 PM

As I mentioned on a few other threads, if DET is going to offer sheet a player, I'd like it to be Chris Stewart.

Also, I think the salary projections in the OP are a bit low

lilja4mvp* 07-03-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trvp Lord (Post 68557465)
Sadly, I don't think Holland has the balls to pull off an offer sheet on any player.

nailed it.

Heaton 07-03-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilja4mvp (Post 68560993)
nailed it.

Has nothing to do with it, teams always match.

Zetterberg4Captain 07-03-2013 12:54 PM

offer sheets and team personnel improvements are against Hollands mantra

Big Poppa Puck 07-03-2013 01:14 PM

Holland usually doesn't do offer sheets, although he did contact Weber last year, so I don't know.

Pietrangelo is the only one I could remotely see, but I highly highly doubt it.

WingsOverAvs 07-03-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck (Post 68563307)
Holland usually doesn't do offer sheets, although he did contact Weber last year, so I don't know.

Pietrangelo is the only one I could remotely see, but I highly highly doubt it.

not @ 7m per

WingedWheel1987 07-03-2013 01:20 PM

Ken Holland doesn't do offer sheets.

Well he doesnt do anything, but he definitely doesn't do offer sheets.

redjax 07-03-2013 01:20 PM

If Holland was going to offer sheet anybody, he should have done it to Subban last off-season. He just doesn't do it, unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaton (Post 68561865)

Yea, and that worked out great for Nashville. They should have made Philly eat it.

SoupNazi 07-03-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain (Post 68561949)
offer sheets and team personnel improvements are against Hollands mantra

Offer sheets are against most GM's mantras.

Zetterberg4Captain 07-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 68563847)
Offer sheets are against most GM's mantras.

offer sheets are a tool to improve your roster no different the free agency, the draft and trades

you cant just refuse to use certain tools or your're just limiting your chances for improvement

i wouldnt offer sheet everyone, it would be very selective, but if a generational talent(weber) comes along then i would jump in with both feet chest deep

SoupNazi 07-03-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain (Post 68564039)
offer sheets are a tool to improve your roster no different the free agency, the draft and trades

you cant just refuse to use certain tools or your're just limiting your chances for improvement

i wouldnt offer sheet everyone, it would be very selective, but if a generational talent(weber) comes along then i would jump in with both feet chest deep

Holland tried to offer him an offer sheet and was told not to bother; Weber was set on Philadelphia.

Gyldenlove 07-03-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident (Post 68558283)
When I said Bogosian 3-4, I meant on the Red Wings. Because Kronwall will still be our 1 and probably be paired up with Ericsson or Kindl for some reason. But if they got Pietrangelo or McDonagh I think they'd pair them up with Kronwall.

You're right, Pietrangelo will probably end up getting $7,000,000 a season though

Cool cool cool, I misunderstood. I don't think the Jets can allow Bogosian to leave, they are basically over a drum the same way the Preds were last year with Weber. Outside of Kane, Bogosian is the bright young spark the team can hang their hat on - and I think I can say without offending too many people that in Winnipeg they REALLY need something positive to cheer for in the winter.

The Rangers are an interesting team to follow, if they don't use a compliance buyout on Richards next year they are not going to be able to keep all their young RFAs (Stepan, Mcdonagh, Del Zotto, Kreider and Brassard) and also keep Lundquist and Callahan around. For now they can keep Mcdonagh and Stepan and get rid of Richards next year, which will still expose them to the real possibility of losing Girardi.

Zetterberg4Captain 07-03-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 68564427)
Holland tried to offer him an offer sheet and was told not to bother; Weber was set on Philadelphia.

yep i dont fault him whatsoever on weber so long as he did in fact call him and did in fact make the biggest offer of all 30 NHL clubs

Gyldenlove 07-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaton (Post 68561865)

Right now the atmosphere is such that you almost have to match. With the rarity of offer sheets, if you show weakness you know other teams will pounce on your RFAs (at least that is the current dogma most GMs seem to abide by) and if you give offer sheets expect to have the favour returned.

SportsballChic 07-03-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyldenlove (Post 68564805)
Right now the atmosphere is such that you almost have to match. With the rarity of offer sheets, if you show weakness you know other teams will pounce on your RFAs (at least that is the current dogma most GMs seem to abide by) and if you give offer sheets expect to have the favour returned.

Or ever really, I mean the list of times this has actually worked in the FA era is ridiculously low:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_offer_sheets

RedWingsNow* 07-03-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsballChic (Post 68557627)
If we weren't prepared to give up 3 picks to get Zykov, I dunno why we'd risk multiple picks on any of these guys at all.

Because Pietrangelo is the only young defenseman in the league who looks like Lidstrom.

SportsballChic 07-03-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingsNow (Post 68565969)
Because Pietrangelo is the only young defenseman in the league who looks like Lidstrom.

The cost would be astronomically high. Even if *I* agreed with you, and I'm not sure I do: no way Kenny even considers it imo.

Though I will concede all that business with Weber caught me by suprise so maybe I'm not giving the old man enough credit. Still, our offer would have to be poison for St Louis; I can't see us doing that.