HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Teams interested in Rick DiPietro (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1461683)

BlackRedYellow 07-04-2013 01:11 PM

Teams interested in Rick DiPietro

Quote:

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 48s

Rick DiPietro has generating some attention out there. I'd imagine he'll get a 1-year deal somewhere.
Good on him. Hopefully he'll rebound when Philly signs him to big money :sarcasm:

Shrimper 07-04-2013 01:14 PM

Oh please be Philly.

Reckon it'd be a back-up gig. Who needs one?

Marlo Stanfield 07-04-2013 01:15 PM

Detroit as a backup. Watch.

BlackRedYellow 07-04-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 68625269)
Oh please be Philly.

Reckon it'd be a back-up gig. Who needs one?

Vancouver might if they decide to run with a duo of Lack/Ericsson for the minors

Everlong 07-04-2013 01:24 PM

Charles Wang? :sarcasm:

Vipers31 07-04-2013 01:26 PM

From what I heard, he was not playing good hockey in Germany's 2nd league before he got injured. Small sample size, and maybe not the most objective people, but it not sure how great that idea really is.

StrongIslanders90 07-04-2013 01:28 PM

someone will give him a one year deal to see if he can stay healthy and still play at a pro level....Hes a great teammate and incredibly competitive but his body can no longer take being a pro athlete....I hope Im wrong but imo he will not be playing hockey for a pro team much long after this next year

SLAPSHOT723 07-04-2013 01:30 PM

Nobody should be interested. He'd be good in a league on like, Mars or something.

Strik_IX 07-04-2013 01:30 PM

Holmgren's probably already on the phone offering him a 7 year deal @ 4-5M/year.

DPyro 07-04-2013 01:38 PM

Philly signs him $5 million, 7 years. :laugh:

CornKicker 07-04-2013 01:43 PM

RDP healthy is still a valuable player imo, but thats a gamble taking him because of the injury history.

jukon 07-04-2013 01:48 PM

Do they mean NHL teams? With is injury history I wouldn't even want him backing up.

SLAPSHOT723 07-04-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornKicker (Post 68628739)
RDP healthy is still a valuable player imo, but thats a gamble taking him because of the injury history.

Trust me, he's not valuable as a player at all. We've seen him healthy, and he's really really terrible now.

leeaf83 07-29-2013 08:23 PM

Anyone get a feeling he might sign a 1 year deal at league min or go to the KHL? All jokes aside, RD is a competitor, I doubt he's willing to say "well I'm set for life, time to call it a day". His career clearly didnt turn out the way he envisioned, I'm sure he wants to try and make something of it especially when he finally stayed healthy last year (albeit in limited duty).

AslanRH 07-29-2013 08:41 PM

Teams looking for an Enforcer? ;)

Crafton 07-29-2013 08:53 PM

still a great puck-mover?

It Was 4 to 1 07-29-2013 09:15 PM

best of luck to him :(

Flyerss 07-29-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRedYellow (Post 68626105)
Vancouver might if they decide to run with a duo of Lack/Ericsson for the minors

Oh yes Luongo/Dipietro/Tortorella that would be nice to watch

Ziggy Stardust 07-29-2013 09:32 PM

I'm sure an AHL team could use a veteran backup goalie.

Top 6 Spaling 07-29-2013 09:33 PM

I would hope Nashville has interest so he can backup Rinne.

Craig Fischer 07-29-2013 09:35 PM

I just hope he gets another kick at the can. There's no one in recent history that I hope for a comeback more than Rick.

Marlowe Syn 07-29-2013 09:48 PM

I don't see any team signing him personally. At least not to an NHL contract. He may get a PTO. There are better goalies out on the market. I know some have said he may get a one year contract to prove he can stay healthy. But I think he has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he can not stay healthy. I think he's done. The human body can only take so much.

Jacob 07-29-2013 09:48 PM

He's broken in several different places.

ichabod13 07-29-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornKicker (Post 68628739)

i hate to burst your bubble man, but no hes not. he doesnt have it physically or mentally any more. giving up a goal from a face off because hes too busy looking at his feet instead of paying attention to the puck, giving up long distance goals because he seemed to be day dreaming, giving up long shot goals because he no longer has the ability to make a true kick save dont bode well for him.
its time for him to put his ego aside and just call it a career.

Sens Rule 07-29-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeaf83 (Post 69744495)
Anyone get a feeling he might sign a 1 year deal at league min or go to the KHL? All jokes aside, RD is a competitor, I doubt he's willing to say "well I'm set for life, time to call it a day". His career clearly didnt turn out the way he envisioned, I'm sure he wants to try and make something of it especially when he finally stayed healthy last year (albeit in limited duty).

At this point I don't think he is going to get a KHL deal. I do agree he is a competitor and he might not quit. Best case for him right now IMO. Some team signs him to the ECHL as a backup out of respect to DiPietro, to have a real NHL vet around the team, and because they don't have a 4th minor league goalie around. The NHL team says if you somehow steal the starter job in the ECHL will consider you in the AHL. If any other teams are interested in him as an AHLer or NHLer before we are then we will let you go for future considerations..... (a dozen full team autographed jerseys... just for kicks.)

That is the best he is getting. Likely sub AHL.. maybe at best AHL back up.... at league average salary... to prove himself healthy and capable. He has not been good anywhere in any league for many, many years. If healthy for a year or two... could he get back to being a top AHL/fringe NHLer/KHLer ever again? It is doubtful... but who knows. I think someone somewhere will at least give him some kind of ECHL or AHL shot. And out of respect give him a half dozen games before deciding anything. DiPietro is a great guy and a great competitor. I hope he gets his game and health back. I doubt he can.... i think someone gives him at least an ECHL gig.