HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1462157)

Beacon 07-04-2013 09:27 PM

Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #6
 
Jesper Fast is our final Top Prospect. Andrew Yogan is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast


Jesper Fast
Right Wing
Born Dec 2 1991 -- Nassjo, Sweden
Height 5.11 -- Weight 165 -- Shoots R

2012-13 HV71 Jonkoping SEL 47 18-17-35

http://collinsvillepress.com/files/2...-Fest-copy.jpg

Beacon 07-04-2013 09:31 PM

Voted for Hrivik because he was the Whale's second-leading scorer as a 21-year-old rookie, and the previous year he led the Whale in playoff scoring after his junior season ended.

Hrivik would've been the first person called up by the Rangers if he didn't get injured. He was supposed to start the season in the Rangers camp as the only rookie there.

Good size, good speed, very responsible defensively, good offensive ability. What's not to like?

Add Allen. The Rangers gave him a $1.75/yr contract for a reason.

Mats Zuccarelli 07-04-2013 09:54 PM

Kristo. Add Fogarty

EpicDing 07-04-2013 09:57 PM

Kristo, add Noreau.

Rangers Fail 07-04-2013 09:59 PM

Tough choice between Hrivik and Boo. Went with Boo because of his excellent freshman season, and we didn't get to see Hrivik too much this year. Add Noreau.

broadwayblue 07-04-2013 09:59 PM

Brady Skjei

ecemleafs 07-04-2013 10:14 PM

Nieves. I think he has the potential to be a very good top 6 center. He has natural playmaking ability in a big frame and has good wheels. Add Fogarty.

Ranger_Engineer 07-04-2013 10:33 PM

Hrivik for the reasons that Beacon noted, Add Noreau.

NYR Viper 07-04-2013 10:44 PM

Kristo add Noreau

Net Front Presence 07-04-2013 10:47 PM

Kristo.

Add Noreau

TheRedViper 07-04-2013 11:02 PM

St. Croix add Nicholls

bmoak 07-04-2013 11:07 PM

Skjei. Add Talbot

Beacon 07-04-2013 11:17 PM

Talbot is getting no love here. He's a good prospect. If he can eliminate the WTF goals, which he's reduced significantly over the course of the year, he will be a quality NHL goalie.

JeffMangum 07-04-2013 11:32 PM

Our prospect pool is a lot deeper than most realize. This a fantastic list of players.

I picked Skjei. Couldn't really go wrong with any of him, Kristo, Hrivik, or Nieves. EDIT: Add Noreau.

darko 07-04-2013 11:36 PM

Hrivik, add Noreau

Kershaw 07-04-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 68675115)
Nieves. I think he has the potential to be a very good top 6 center. He has natural playmaking ability in a big frame and has good wheels. Add Fogarty.

Exactly my thoughts. Needs to work on that hockey sense, otherwise I think he can be a NHL player as soon as he steps out of college. He exceeded expectations at Michigan.

Nieves, add Noreau

mrjimmyg89 07-04-2013 11:52 PM

Went with Skjei. Very good potential. Has size and skating ability as a D. The other prospects have some downside to them, as I feel Skjei will get time playing on the Gophers and will make some good progress. Much like Kreider in BC, the Gophers play their upper classmen. Sophomore will lead to more time and more responsibilities.

Add Noreau. Size and has worked on skating. Hopefully can become a bottom pairing player at some point. Him/McIlrath can bring some snarl back on D like when Sauer made the team. All good teams have somebody like that on defense.

Kershaw 07-05-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 68681141)
Went with Skjei. Very good potential. Has size and skating ability as a D. The other prospects have some downside to them, as I feel Skjei will get time playing on the Gophers and will make some good progress. Much like Kreider in BC, the Gophers play their upper classmen. Sophomore will lead to more time and more responsibilities.

Add Noreau. Size and has worked on skating. Hopefully can become a bottom pairing player at some point. Him/McIlrath can bring some snarl back on D like when Sauer made the team. All good teams have somebody like that on defense.

Who are the Gophers D that are graduating? I didn't like Skjei's play last year in bits and pieces of the 3 games (lol) that I saw of him. Concerned about ice time like last year, especially since they have all state star high school dman Tommy Vanneli joining the team.

darko 07-05-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB v2 0 (Post 68680141)
Our prospect pool is a lot deeper than most realize. This a fantastic list of players.


No doubt. We've drafted helluva lot better than people will give us credit for. Love the fact at how much emphasis we put on skating.

BBKers 07-05-2013 01:04 AM

Skjei. Add the new Russian. Adding Noreau, whom I like btw and could see as an NHLer one day, this early is just showing some of the hockey knowledge that Really exposes itself on these boards at times regarding being taste of the month. Has he shown that much on the ice to be added into a top ten position in our prospects pool so far, or is it for his untapped potential scouts that are raving about? Geesh

JeffMangum 07-05-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 68684101)
Skjei. Add the new Russian. Adding Noreau, whom I like btw and could see as an NHLer one day, this early is just showing some of the hockey knowledge that Really exposes itself on these boards at times regarding being taste of the month. Has he shown that much on the ice to be added into a top ten position in our prospects pool so far, or is it for his untapped potential scouts that are raving about? Geesh

He wouldn't be in the top-10, more than likely, as there are five other prospects in the poll who will certainly get votes over him. He probably slides in at 11. It's not really taste of the month. Noreau has improved and, going by the parameters of the poll, would be the logical choice over Buchnevich.

Zil 07-05-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB v2 0 (Post 68687311)
He wouldn't be in the top-10, more than likely, as there are five other prospects in the poll who will certainly get votes over him. He probably slides in at 11. It's not really taste of the month. Noreau has improved and, going by the parameters of the poll, would be the logical choice over Buchnevich.

We have five guys who are impossible to know where to rank yet: Andersson, Spelling, Tambellini, Buchnevich, and Duclair

kovazub94 07-05-2013 05:03 AM

MSC, add Buchnevitch who'd be a first rounder if not for the Russian factor

Matt4776 07-05-2013 07:35 AM

Kristo based mostly off of NHL readiness. Skjei next then Boo. Add Noreau.

HatTrick Swayze 07-05-2013 07:53 AM

Kristo
Hrivik
Skjei
Nieves
Yogan

For me. Add Buchnevich. Fogarty, Allen, Noreau next.

If Boo builds on his Freshman year and shows well at the WJC he could easily vault into the top-5 (w/graduations) in the next set of rankings.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.