HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Coming Big Dump (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1463127)

PredsV82 07-05-2013 02:39 PM

The Coming Big Dump
 
with Poile gobbling bottom 6 players like a fat kid eating potato chips its pretty obvious that there will be a massive dump of our previous bunch of pluggers

So lets use this thread to predict who goes and what they fetch


im thinking spaling's rights go for a 4th round pick, and Gaustad Smith and Ellis all go for top six forward somehow

I Will Son 07-05-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 68760575)
with Poile gobbling bottom 6 players like a fat kid eating potato chips

Ty for giving me my first laugh of the day

glenngineer 07-05-2013 02:42 PM

Ellis isn't going anywhere. Gaustad for Upshall's hair. Spaling should get a 2nd. Don't see Smith going anywhere. Legwand or Fisher is gone.

Roman Yoshi 07-05-2013 02:42 PM

The jokes on you the big dump is our roster and GM at the moment.

PredsV82 07-05-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 68761403)
Ellis isn't going anywhere. Gaustad for Upshall's hair. Spaling should get a 2nd. Don't see Smith going anywhere. Legwand or Fisher is gone.

none of those players is a leggy/fisher replacement

Enoch 07-05-2013 02:49 PM

I have no clue. I think it is more likely that we waive Smith for nothing than trade him. I also can see us sending watson, beck, etc. down to the AHL now that we have loaded up on bottom 6ers.

Drake744 07-05-2013 02:51 PM

Ellis + Spaling + Smith + a pick for a good forward. That's all I'm seeing at this point. Not really though. Just verbal diarrhea

braindead 07-05-2013 02:52 PM

There comes a point in every early July when I think "wow, Poile must have bigger plans based on these signings." And then he doesn't. I'd say we do nothing other than get Beck/Watson more ahl experience.

WartracePred 07-05-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 68761403)
Ellis isn't going anywhere. Gaustad for Upshall's hair. Spaling should get a 2nd. Don't see Smith going anywhere. Legwand or Fisher is gone.

I'm thinking Leggy or Fisher + to bring back a true top 3 guy. Remember Wilson was slated to play center. Currently we have Leggy, Fisher, Spaling, Goose, Smith, Cullen, Hendricks and potentially Wilson at center. Poile still has work to do.

ThirdManIn 07-05-2013 02:55 PM

As I said in the other thread, I don't see us having much of a package to get a top six with experience, but we might be able to get a prospect with top six upside from a team looking to add to their bottom six.

Roman Yoshi 07-05-2013 02:55 PM

Maybe Poile is pulling a Liarpold and is fleecing the organization before he joins another team.

We don't have the assets to land big fish, and even if we did we are now saddled with three horrible contracts.

101st_fan 07-05-2013 02:57 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see us move current bottom six guys for picks and let some of the kids start the season in Milwaukee. A puzzling start to the summer with indications that moves are coming ... or we'll have a 5th and 6th line this fall.

braindead 07-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 68763389)
Ellis + Spaling + Smith + a pick for a good forward. That's all I'm seeing at this point. Not really though. Just verbal diarrhea

That plus a conditional pick might get you an unsigned Vanek from the Sabres? Nahhhhh.

PredsV82 07-05-2013 03:04 PM

you have to assume we were bidding on Ryan but trading out of conference was more attractive to the Ducks

Drake744 07-05-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 68766761)
you have to assume we were bidding on Ryan but trading out of conference was more attractive to the Ducks

We have an innate ability to come up short.

Jarnberg 07-05-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 68767037)
We have an innate ability to come up short.

Except for overpriced fourth line players.

deanwormer 07-05-2013 03:07 PM

If I recall correctly Mrs. Fisher put her place in Franklin up for sale....

ThirdManIn 07-05-2013 03:09 PM

Even if we were in on Ryan, Ottawa was going to get him. They had to. Alfie decided to leave, and they had to do something.

Drake744 07-05-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 68767711)
Even if we were in on Ryan, Ottawa was going to get him. They had to. Alfie decided to leave, and they had to do something.

How is that any different than us needing to get him because we are starved offensively?

utkpred 07-05-2013 03:11 PM

Ryan to the Senators

PredsV82 07-05-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanwormer (Post 68767449)
If I recall correctly Mrs. Fisher put her place in Franklin up for sale....

I dont think so... I thought it was their house in Ottawa

tserberis* 07-05-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 68767933)
How is that any different than us needing to get him because we are starved offensively?

How you don't get it?

We didn't have anyone of Alfie caliber so why even bother. Lol

sooner 07-05-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

If I recall correctly Mrs. Fisher put her place in Franklin up for sale....
Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 68768761)
I dont think so... I thought it was their house in Ottawa

The house she put up in Franklin was the house she first bought after winning idol. She hasn't lived there in a long time.

PFL615 07-05-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanwormer (Post 68767449)
If I recall correctly Mrs. Fisher put her place in Franklin up for sale....

Probably because her and Fish are building a home on the land they bought in Williamson County. See Opra special on the two from a couple of years ago.

Hockeyfever 07-05-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 68762857)
I have no clue. I think it is more likely that we waive Smith for nothing than trade him. I also can see us sending watson, beck, etc. down to the AHL now that we have loaded up on bottom 6ers.

I agree with you. I see no room for the younger guys now on the big club.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.