HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Line Combos: 2013/14 Roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1463349)

Grasshopperking 07-05-2013 04:33 PM

2013/14 Roster

What are the lines looking like this year?

umbyforpresident 07-05-2013 04:34 PM

Three guys on a forward line, with two guys forming the defensive pair.

OldGoaltender 07-05-2013 04:43 PM

You forgot the most important position goalie.

Grasshopperking 07-05-2013 04:50 PM

Appreciate it guys

pete goegan 07-05-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopperking (Post 68783757)
Appreciate it guys

Problem is, the Jackets have a truckload of interchangeable parts and its very tough to be very definite about how things might shape up. Horton won't be available until December; so, unless there are further outside additions, it really will depend on who plays well together, how some young guys look in camp, the health of the team, etc. Possible line up? OK:

Atkinson-Anisimov-Gaborik
Umberger-Johansen-Dubinsky
Foligno-Letestu-Calvert
Comeau-MacKenzie-Boll

Johnson-Tyutin
Nikitin-Prout
Wiznewski-Erixon

Other than Gabby on the top line and Boll on the fourth, that could be completely wrong, too!

Xoggz22 07-05-2013 06:19 PM

The CBJ have several players that can play multiple positions on multiple lines. Providing a best guess will get you 15 different lineups... Here's my guess:

Gaborik-Anisimov-Horton
Foligno-Johansen-Atkinson
Calvert-Dubinsky-Umberger
Comeau-Letestu-Boll
MacKenzie

Johnson-Tyutin
Nikitin-Prout
Wiznewski-Erixon

I know Gaborik is a more natural RW but did play LW for NYR and CBJ last year. Dubinsky could play on the wing too and who knows where Umberger ends up....

section 204 07-05-2013 06:25 PM

What about a captain? We couldn't possibly go another season without one, could we?

CBJWennberg10 07-05-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by section 204 (Post 68795337)
What about a captain? We couldn't possibly go another season without one, could we?

Porty thinks there will be one named soon. Dubi or JJ

Socks 07-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Not having one worked pretty well for us last year.

major major 07-05-2013 06:29 PM

This isn't a prediction but a wishlist. To start the year:

Foligno-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Comeau-Johansen-Letestu
Umberger-Mackenzie-Boll

Obviously things will change between day 1 and when Horton suits up, but just for pretend:

Foligno-Anisimov-Gaborik
Comeau-Johansen-Horton
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Letestu-Mackenzie-Umberger

major major 07-05-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 68795477)

I'd prefer if we didn't have one. I can see how not having a captain allows more voices to step up when need be.

SuperGenius 07-05-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 68795477)

I don't think Porty said anything about soon, but those are the names he's been giving.

I think it will happen either at the end of camp, or during, or near the end of, preseason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socks (Post 68795565)
Not having one worked pretty well for us last year.

Playing well together, working hard and good goaltending worked ok last year.

Having a captain has very little to do with success.

stevo61 07-05-2013 06:55 PM

Has Cam ever really played the left side? I know Gabby isn't the greatest there and I don't think Horton plays it. Wonder how much of an adjustment that would be

Gulvorn 07-05-2013 06:57 PM

With like 10 possible interchangable top 9 forwards, I have no idea who would play C v RW or LW, yet alone which line they would play on :cry:

Horton-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubinsky-Umberger
Letestu-Mackenzie-Jenner
+Boll +Comeau

I guess I could see Jenner starting the season in the AHL and once a forward gets injured before Horton gets back he'd be recalled. Or could start up and see if he plays himself past the 10 game mark or if he's sent back down once Horton comes back.

Socks 07-05-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 68796465)
Playing well together, working hard and good goaltending worked ok last year.

Having a captain has very little to do with success.

Right. I was saying that we didn't seem to need one last year; our play was at the level it was without plastering a letter on someone's chest.

But if somebody is chosen I believe it should be Dubi, and not just because I bought his jersey at the last game. :laugh:

leesmith 07-05-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo61 (Post 68800005)
Has Cam ever really played the left side? I know Gabby isn't the greatest there and I don't think Horton plays it. Wonder how much of an adjustment that would be

I think it would be great for Cam to move down to the third line. The kid could have a breakout year without the high ankle sprain and he's fast enough to backcheck the opponents top line.

EspenK 07-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 68804017)
I think it would be great for Cam to move down to the third line. The kid could have a breakout year without the high ankle sprain and he's fast enough to backcheck the opponents top line.

But he's supposed to be a scorer. I still like him on one of the top 2. But I think it will be a work in progress like last to see who works where and with whom.

XLJ 07-05-2013 08:32 PM

Assuming Cam can play the left wing..

Calvert-Anisimov-Gaborik
Atkinson-Dubinsky-Horton
Umberger-Johansen-Letestu
Foligno-Mackenzie-Boll/Comeau

stevo61 07-05-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 68804017)

I agree easily he could have a breakout year and i know we dont reall run the traditional 4 lines but id like to see him more depended on this year and maybe playing with more offensive minded guys. Calvert is great and is perfect for our version of a 3rd line, Atkinson would be nice to see maybe with Horton and Johansen when Horton gets back. Assuming he doesn't struggle on the left side

LetsGOJackets!! 07-05-2013 08:46 PM

I could see something like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLJ (Post 68808919)
Assuming Cam can play the left wing..

Calvert-Anisimov-Gaborik
Atkinson-Dubinsky-Horton
Umberger-Johansen-Letestu
Foligno-Mackenzie-Boll/Comeau

Where we clearly will gain advantage is having a power play with Horton Artem and Gabby. If Wizzer can load it up and put it on net those three can pot the rebounds & isn't that what it is all about.

leesmith 07-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo61 (Post 68809687)
I agree easily he could have a breakout year and i know we dont reall run the traditional 4 lines but id like to see him more depended on this year and maybe playing with more offensive minded guys. Calvert is great and is perfect for our version of a 3rd line, Atkinson would be nice to see maybe with Horton and Johansen when Horton gets back. Assuming he doesn't struggle on the left side

Calvert - Letestu - Atkinson
Plenty of scoring to be done with THAT trio!

stevo61 07-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 68810953)

Yeah but also small and maybe wouldnt be the best if we made the playoffs in the next year or 2. Whatever is decided though I like our situation. We have the ability to play an average at best maybe slightly below 1st line, 2 very good 2nd lines and a nice 3rd line. They only things that may hold us back is we don't see a little step up offensively from guys like Johansen, Atkinson and if Umberger and Foligno can get their totals back up to what they are used to. The other question is does some of our defense regress at all? I think we'll be fine in that department, Prout may a bit but i doubt it and i see Erixon as being ready to take on a little more responsibility.

grind your soul 07-05-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 68810953)

That's the money line right there, but how do you keep them together with Horton at RW? Do you put Umberger - Johansen - Horton as the second line? Does Gaborik play LW and play with Anisimov and Horton, bumping Dubinsky to the third line?

As has been said - there are a lot of interchangeable parts here, and it's going to be interesting to see what sticks.

leesmith 07-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grind your soul (Post 68813209)
That's the money line right there, but how do you keep them together with Horton at RW? Do you put Umberger - Johansen - Horton as the second line? Does Gaborik play LW and play with Anisimov and Horton, bumping Dubinsky to the third line?

As has been said - there are a lot of interchangeable parts here, and it's going to be interesting to see what sticks.

I just don't know where to fit Foligno.

grind your soul 07-05-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 68814599)
I just don't know where to fit Foligno.

He's certainly a better option than at least three forwards on the team, but you probably don't want to be paying your 9th or 10th best forward $3m, indeed.

In a perfect world, he's on the fourth line with Comeau and a competent center, but ... well, it ain't a perfect world.