HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1463963)

joe89 07-06-2013 11:18 AM

Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14
 
Here's what we're looking at right now: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=97

The team has every chance to be a top team once more.

Frk It 07-06-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 68834735)
Here's what we're looking at right now: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=97

The team has every chance to be a top team once more.

Exciting to see what Frk, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Sproul, and Ouellet can accomplish next year.

Will Marchenko play in GR if he doesn't make the Wings?

FabricDetails 07-06-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 68834735)
Here's what we're looking at right now: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=97

The team has every chance to be a top team once more.

You get a lot of young new talent but with that comes a real lack of experience. It certainly looks appealing right now with all the new blood but I'm rather on the unsure side right now.

joe89 07-06-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 68834849)
Exciting to see what Frk, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Sproul, and Ouellet can accomplish next year.

Will Marchenko play in GR if he doesn't make the Wings?

Every indication has been he's going there. Nedomlel and Coreau also need to be assigned somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 68835095)
You get a lot of young new talent but with that comes a real lack of experience. It certainly looks appealing right now with all the new blood but I'm rather on the unsure side right now.

Not a chance they roll without veterans. Remains to be seen if they can get the same guys or new ones I guess.

FabricDetails 07-06-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 68835121)
Not a chance they roll without veterans. Remains to be seen if they can get the same guys or new ones I guess.

Well of course. At the same time veterans can kind of bring down the team. I still can't forget about An_y _elmore (Because where's the D?) and also Jeremy Williams' promise to learn a two-way game. Just like any other average fan of GR I'd probably feel more comfortable if they kept some of the same veterans as last year and find a couple more high-character quality players.

RedWingsNow* 07-06-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 68834735)
Here's what we're looking at right now: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=97

The team has every chance to be a top team once more.

Going to take some time for a new defense to learn the ropes...But the talent is there.


No Marchenko in the roster?

Almquist Marchenko
Ouellet Jensen
Fournier Sproul


Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Jurco
Nestrasil Sheahan Frk
Callahan Glendening Ferraro
Tvrdon Aubry Parkes

joe89 07-06-2013 11:50 AM

^ I guess it's not 110% written in stone yet. But think those are realistic combos as of now.

A veteran stay at home D for Sproul to play with would be nice, maybe a middle six veteran leader, and some sandpaper.

ProPAIN 07-06-2013 12:19 PM

I'm even more excited for next year than I was this year. 5 defensemen could potentially be NHL'ers in the very near future, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Tvrdon join the ranks and Sheahan, Ferraro and Jurco will have an even bigger role.

And with Blashill as a coach, he should get through to the youngsters. Imagine still having Fraser :facepalm:

mindfly 07-06-2013 12:29 PM

What's going on with NiCastro? Is there developement there or are we looking at a career AHLer?

Same age as DeKeyser, Lashoff, but seems far away from them.

ChadS 07-06-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfly (Post 68837803)
What's going on with NiCastro? Is there developement there or are we looking at a career AHLer?

Same age as DeKeyser, Lashoff, but seems far away from them.

He had some injury trouble but didn't look bad when he actually got to play. He's in a tough situation with all the young D's coming so I think the best thing for him would be to play big minutes in Toledo. Who knows, he might be great and take someone's place in GR.

I think I read somewhere that they (Martin) were thinking of bringing Evans and Paetsch back?

Guru Meditation 07-06-2013 12:58 PM

At least one of Evans/Paetsch will be back, if not both.

InjuredChoker 07-06-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingsNow (Post 68835567)
Going to take some time for a new defense to learn the ropes...But the talent is there.


No Marchenko in the roster?

Almquist Marchenko
Ouellet Jensen
Fournier Sproul


Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Jurco
Nestrasil Sheahan Frk
Callahan Glendening Ferraro
Tvrdon Aubry Parkes

Bump Nestrasil down on the depth chart and switch Fournier for Nedolmel or Nicastro.

joe89 07-06-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadS (Post 68839333)
He had some injury trouble but didn't look bad when he actually got to play. He's in a tough situation with all the young D's coming so I think the best thing for him would be to play big minutes in Toledo. Who knows, he might be great and take someone's place in GR.

I think I read somewhere that they (Martin) were thinking of bringing Evans and Paetsch back?

Sounds a little too rich for me to bring both back. Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko, Jensen, Nicastro, Fournier, Nedomlel are eight guys. Only Fournier is a complete write-off for me, but he did play over Nicastro last season. Paetsch is the much much better player, but Evans fills the bigger need of the two.

Having the first five guys I mentioned plus a veteran would be my lineup anyway, with Nicastro rotating in. Nedomlel starting in the ECHL under close observation. Fournier, meh try to find him a new home if you can.

Then on the other hand it looks like Kenny will have to do some trading this summer, he could ship one or two away.

The Zetterberg Era 07-08-2013 05:11 AM

Francis Pare has signed with TPS of SM-Liiga. Wish him the best of luck.

http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset-ajankohtais...a_seigo_tpsaan

mindfly 07-08-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 68920139)
Francis Pare has signed with TPS of SM-Liiga. Wish him the best of luck.

http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset-ajankohtais...a_seigo_tpsaan

Will he make more $ than he did in the AHL? One would hope so after the long service in Grand Rapids.

InjuredChoker 07-08-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfly (Post 68920467)
Will he make more $ than he did in the AHL? One would hope so after the long service in Grand Rapids.

Likely little more. With less travel etc.

SoupNazi 07-08-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 68920139)
Francis Pare has signed with TPS of SM-Liiga. Wish him the best of luck.

http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset-ajankohtais...a_seigo_tpsaan

Good luck, Francis. Always liked the guy.

Cbdudek 07-08-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InjuredChoker (Post 68920977)
Likely little more. With less travel etc.

That money is also tax free probably. I have a couple friends who went over to play in Germany (and other places overseas) and many of them made 6 figures, paid no tax on it, and also got a place to live while there.

Henkka 07-08-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 68920139)
Francis Pare has signed with TPS of SM-Liiga. Wish him the best of luck.

http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset-ajankohtais...a_seigo_tpsaan

It wasn't hard to predict this happen, cause Red Wings SM-Liiga scout Ari Vuori has this double role as TPS player coordinator.

I think these kind of moves are comin more common, some Griffins left-offs are heading to TPS Turku. Travis Ehrhardt came year ago, now Paré.

In Finland you can't have tax-free contrcts, but teams can bid 150 000 Euros pretty easily for 1st line players. That's ~200 000 dollars. Also a free apartment could be involved in the deal.

And less of travel is a huge thing, you are almost always at home from any road game before midnight. The distances are so short (Oulu, Kuopio and Lappeenranta are only exeptions, the are bit more far away).

griffs 07-08-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru Meditation (Post 68839437)
At least one of Evans/Paetsch will be back, if not both.

Evans is much more likely than Paetsch. Evans is pretty much an AHL only guy where Paetsch is likely to get some interest from NHL teams on a 2way.

griffs 07-08-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 68922957)
It wasn't hard to predict this happen, cause Red Wings SM-Liiga scout Ari Vuori has this double role as TPS player coordinator.

I think these kind of moves are comin more common, some Griffins left-offs are heading to TPS Turku. Travis Ehrhardt came year ago, now Paré.

In Finland you can't have tax-free contrcts, but teams can bid 150 000 Euros pretty easily for 1st line players. That's ~200 000 dollars. Also a free apartment could be involved in the deal.

And less of travel is a huge thing, you are almost always at home from any road game before midnight. The distances are so short (Oulu, Kuopio and Lappeenranta are only exeptions, the are bit more far away).

Considering that he was getting 105,000 in GR and travel was pretty bad this sounds like a good deal for him.

joe89 07-08-2013 12:07 PM

Evans and Grant signed.

http://griffinshockey.com/news/relea...rticle_id=2549

Wise choice to bring back the sandpaper, fill the skill from within.

Henkka 07-08-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 68928887)
Evans and Grant signed.

http://griffinshockey.com/news/relea...rticle_id=2549

Wise choice to bring back the sandpaper, fill the skill from within.

This was expected. They'll keep Evans to have that leadership and physical D there, when all D prospects are puckmoving guys.

TNigs 07-08-2013 12:31 PM

Evans is a great signing for the kids down there.
The Rockford bench clearing brawl Evans had at least two Ice Hogs during the entire thing.
He is always there to stick up for his team, and will probably be captain next year if Hoggan goes elsewhere.

shultzyfeelinirie20 07-08-2013 02:13 PM

^^ yeah anybody here about hoggan whats he doing becuase both him and evans i love to the young guys


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.