HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Stephen MacAulay signs 1 year with Bulldogs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1465101)

JHabs 07-08-2013 09:41 AM

Stephen MacAulay signs 1 year with Bulldogs
 
@Dave_Stubbs: #Bulldogs sign Halifax Mooseheads free-agent Stephen MacAulay to a 1-year contract #Habs

BOOM

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 09:42 AM

Makes sense. Not great enough to be a Habs contract but might be valuable for the Dogs. We are way too close to the 50-contract limit for the Habs to give him a contract.

PricePkPatch* 07-08-2013 09:42 AM

How does that affect us?

Kenny Powders 07-08-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68923407)
Makes sense. Not great enough to be a Habs contract but might be valuable for the Dogs. We are way too close to the 50-contract limit.

Trade coming up?

Habs 4 Life 07-08-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68923407)
Makes sense. Not great enough to be a Habs contract but might be valuable for the Dogs. We are way too close to the 50-contract limit.

Trade coming...... :scared:

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Powders (Post 68923433)
Trade coming up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 68923443)
Trade coming...... :scared:

No. My point was that we were not going to give him a contract because we are too close. So we are not handing him a contract, the Bulldogs are. AHL contract for MacAulay.

Habs 4 Life 07-08-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68923477)
No. My point was that we were not going to give him a contract because we are too close. So we are not handing him a contract, the Bulldogs are. AHL contract for MacAulay.

Why you ruining my Monday WS :rant:

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 68923513)
Why you ruining my Monday WS :rant:

There are always 4 other days in the week...:D

Kenny Powders 07-08-2013 09:49 AM

Tweet was kinda misguiding. Thought it was a 2-way NHL contract. Glad its an AHL one.

ForeverTherrien 07-08-2013 09:56 AM

So you're saying this puts us one more contract closer to the 50 man limit, and....that a trade is coming? :scared:

*person limit

S Bah 07-08-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68923407)
Makes sense. Not great enough to be a Habs contract but might be valuable for the Dogs. We are way too close to the 50-contract limit for the Habs to give him a contract.

MacAulay's contract puts the Habs at 46 contracts, so four left and when Gauthier was GM he usually had one contract left over. Better to have good depth than be left with your pants down, when injuries hit and trying to find a quality replacement. That's how teams lose draft picks, there are some defencemen worth looking at signing for the Bulldogs depth.

When the Habs are ready to make a real run at the playoffs is when the Bulldogs need to have the borderline NHLers in quantity. With the signings of St. Pierre, Tarnasky and the trade for Thomas the Habs have some depth with experience.

Thomas of course has NHL type talent and is a top six talent but can play any place the coach wants (Character Players never whine) Definition of character look up Christian Thomas. Soon the definition will be look up Hamilton Bulldogs and Montreal Canadiens.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

yoyo999 07-08-2013 10:08 AM

rds.ca says he was a 6th round pick to St-Louis. Do they no longer hold his rights?

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBergevin (Post 68923815)
So you're saying this puts us one more contract closer to the 50 man limit, and....that a trade is coming? :scared:

*person limit

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Bah (Post 68923957)
MacAulay's contract puts the Habs at 46 contracts, so four left and when Gauthier was GM he usually had one contract left over. Better to have good depth than be left with your pants down, when injuries hit and trying to find a quality replacement. That's how teams lose draft picks, there are some defencemen worth looking at signing for the Bulldogs depth.

When the Habs are ready to make a real run at the playoffs is when the Bulldogs need to have the borderline NHLers in quantity. With the signings of St. Pierre, Tarnasky and the trade for Thomas the Habs have some depth with experience.

Thomas of course has NHL type talent and is a top six talent but can play any place the coach wants (Character Players never whine) Definition of character look up Christian Thomas. Soon the definition will be look up Hamilton Bulldogs and Montreal Canadiens.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Guys....again...this is NOT a Habs contract. It's a AHL contract from the Bulldogs. Doesn't count on the 50-contract limit as it's not a Montreal Canadiens contract.

BaseballCoach 07-08-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Bah (Post 68923957)
MacAulay's contract puts the Habs at 46 contracts, so four left

MacAulay is an AHL contract, but I have only 43 NHL contracts for 2013-14. Please advise which 45 you think we have, maybe I missed two?

PricePkPatch* 07-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68924561)
Guys....again...this is NOT a Habs contract. It's a AHL contract from the Bulldogs. Doesn't count on the 50-contract limit as it's not a Montreal Canadiens contract.

MONTREAL WILL DO A TRADE!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

TennisMenace 07-08-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 68925113)
MONTREAL WILL DO A TRADE!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We can only hope.

Roz 07-08-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo999 (Post 68924219)
rds.ca says he was a 6th round pick to St-Louis. Do they no longer hold his rights?

He was drafted by them in 2011 but they never signed him; they gave up his rights and he became a free agent.

I'm glad he's getting a shot at the AHL after the year he's had. He played his whole junior career for the Saint John Sea Dogs before he requested a trade to Halifax at the deadline so he could be close to his mother, who was dying of cancer. He didn't attend road games for Halifax until after she passed away in March. Not only did all his teammates from Saint John and Halifax show up for her funeral, so did former Sea Dog Jonathan Huberdeau, who took time off from the Panthers in order to make it. He's one of the most well-respected and well-liked players in the league, and he's had what might be the most winningest CHL career in history: 4 President Cup appearances (3 wins) and 3 Memorial Cup appearances (2 wins).

He's a very long-shot to make the NHL (even longer odds than Fournier) - he's a little slow, his shot isn't super-accurate and he has good, but not great vision. But he works incredibly hard, is opportunistic in his goal-scoring and is a natural leader both on the ice and in the locker room. He'll be an asset to any team he's on.

Despite not being much of a fighter, he will drop the gloves to protect his teammates. He had a Gordie Howe hat trick in Game 2 of the QMJHL finals, where he fought Baie-Comeau's Goon in Chief after he charged Darcy Ashley, the Mooseheads' smallest player:



[Goal is the first highlight, assist is at 1:40, fight is at 2:00]

Added bonus: He played on the same line as Stef Fournier, so I imagine it's likely they'll stay together with the Bulldogs.

BJCOLLINS 07-08-2013 11:09 AM

Great Kid, three Memorial Cup appearances won one with Nathan Beauleiu in SJ and another this past year in HFX, tuff year for him as his Mom passed away from cancer late in the season.......lots of character, steady defensive forward.

Habs Icing 07-08-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 68923529)
There are always 4 other days in the week...:D

The week only has 5 days in Lorraine? Is that Marois' new legislation?

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 68926523)
The week only has 5 days in Lorraine? Is that Marois' new legislation?

No, it's because I have kids...weekends don't count anymore.

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 68925079)
MacAulay is an AHL contract, but I have only 43 NHL contracts for 2013-14. Please advise which 45 you think we have, maybe I missed two?

We have to think that Dumont and White will be signed. That's 45. Then there's the Andrighetto's case...if Hamilton, it's 46. Then, I still believe we need to acquire a #1 goalie though starting to believe they think Mayer will be the #1...WOW if true.

Whitesnake 07-08-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 68925113)
MONTREAL WILL DO A TRADE!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Okay I get it now....took some time but better late than never.

NH57 07-08-2013 11:19 AM

Good to hear. I liked what I saw from him in Halifax this year.

25get 07-08-2013 11:22 AM

Link on the Dogs site: http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=415

Scotianhab 07-08-2013 11:26 AM

Very good depth signing by the Bulldogs. Glad to see him get a chance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.