HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kyle Clifford to Philadelphia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1465807)

JayB 07-09-2013 10:57 AM

Kyle Clifford to Philadelphia

What is fair value for his RFA rights?

Is Meszaros enough?

Jray42 07-09-2013 11:02 AM

Highly doubt Meszaros gets a deal done.

Telos 07-09-2013 11:13 AM

LA would need someone like Read, though we wouldn't be able to afford him financially. If we traded Clifford, we'd need another cheap left winger coming back. LA can't afford to spare any left wings at the moment.

2nd line left wing is the only team need, we are solid everywhere else.

Minor Boarding 07-09-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 68974641)
What is fair value for his RFA rights?

Is Meszaros enough?

Why would the Kings give up a young player like Clifford for a injury prone overpaid UFA to be defensman they don't need and cannot afford with the Salary Cap going down?

Mind=blown

Crown Royal 07-09-2013 11:21 AM

Counter Proposal:

Clifford for Couturier.

I could sit here and argue how Clifford had a far more productive season last year and Couturier had a more productive season the year before. Sounds equally absurd as the original offer only it's slanted towards my team rather than yours.

Of course Sean would have to learn to play wing so his numbers would drop making it a more balanced trade.

Reaper45 07-09-2013 11:21 AM

Read and a 3rd for Clifford and Martinez. Not sure the value is there for either team.

Face Wash 07-09-2013 11:30 AM

Why trade...just sign him to an offer sheet? Oh yeah. You have no cap space and must have the Kings be willing to take on money to make it work. That's not what I'd call a leverage position for the Flyers.

Cliffy is gritty, cheap & a LW, which for the Kings right now is the perfect combination of things. My guess is the Kings lock him up longer term or match any contract under $2M AAV.

Face Wash 07-09-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 68975579)
Read and a 3rd for Clifford and Martinez. Not sure the value is there for either team.

Reap... you're kidding. a pending UFA and 3rd rounder for a good PMD and a gritty LW of which the Kings currently only have 3 (4 if you convert Frattin who is not a natural LW).

Like I said above, PHI has no leverage with their cap situation. I'd want more than what you're talking about and frankly, the Flyers can't do it, they'd need to sign AMart & Clifford and Read ain't making THAT much..

JayB 07-09-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 68975579)

Why would we need another defender who would be 6th defender in flyers?

i could do somethin Mezzy or Gustaffson + 3rd round pick for Clifford.

It could do nice to our bottom6

Clifford-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

etherialone 07-09-2013 11:43 AM

If we dealt Cliffy we would be able to afford Read without a problem.

No to Mez, we absolutely haven't any room or need.

Cliffy would cost more than 1 season of Read especially when he is going to get a deserved and significant raise next season.

Read + a little sumpin sumpin might get it done.

Curufinwe 07-09-2013 11:50 AM

I think the Flyers want a draft pick for Mezaros, not a player with salary.

Phillyfan28 07-09-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Royal (Post 68975559)
Counter Proposal:

Clifford for Couturier.

I could sit here and argue how Clifford had a far more productive season last year and Couturier had a more productive season the year before. Sounds equally absurd as the original offer only it's slanted towards my team rather than yours.

Of course Sean would have to learn to play wing so his numbers would drop making it a more balanced trade.

While I get your point, your offer is obscenely more absurd.

sobrien 07-09-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Royal (Post 68975559)
Counter Proposal:

Clifford for Couturier.

Go for it. You'll be talking to air. People who sit and look at Couturier's stats and then draw conclusions are his worth are morons. He's 20. He hasn't been put in a position to consistently put up points. But if you think it's a fair deal, keep thinkin Butch, that's what you're good at.

markisonfire 07-09-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 68979105)
Go for it. You'll be talking to air. People who sit and look at Couturier's stats and then draw conclusions are his worth are morons. He's 20. He hasn't been put in a position to consistently put up points. But if you think it's a fair deal, keep thinkin Butch, that's what you're good at.

People who sit and look at Clifford's stats and then draw conclusions of his worth are morons. He's 22. He hasn't been put in a position to consistently put up points. But if you think it's a fair deal, keep thinkin Sobrien, that's what you're good at.

Let's not forget that Clifford has really only played a bottom-six role thus far in his career. When he played in a top six role, he lead our team in goals and points in the 2010 playoffs.

In a more realistic world, the Kings might consider trading Clifford+ for a second line left wing. I don't think Read is that player, though.

HolyShot* 07-09-2013 01:28 PM

I don't see a deal that makes sense here. Maybe phi 2014 1st round pick for cliff???

KingCanadain1976 07-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 68979791)
People who sit and look at Clifford's stats and then draw conclusions of his worth are morons. He's 22. He hasn't been put in a position to consistently put up points. But if you think it's a fair deal, keep thinkin Sobrien, that's what you're good at.

Let's not forget that Clifford has really only played a bottom-six role thus far in his career. When he played in a top six role, he lead our team in goals and points in the 2010 playoffs.

In a more realistic world, the Kings might consider trading Clifford+ for a second line left wing. I don't think Read is that player, though.

i come in here to make this exact point. If the kings had cap room Id suggest martinez/muzzin and clifford for Hartnell but we dont have that cap room so overall i dont see a trade between the club at the moment

flyersfan018 07-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 68979791)

Great argument. I guarantee you in 2 years Couturier is twice the player Clifford is right now. That shouldn't be too hard to do though.

ChoseLa 07-09-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan018 (Post 68985409)
Great argument. I guarantee you in 2 years Couturier is twice the player Clifford is right now. That shouldn't be too hard to do though.

He will join the few 489 NHL players who are twice the player Clifford is.

Reclamation Project 07-09-2013 02:47 PM

^ The Habs could certainly use Clifford.

Everyone thought Simmonds was a scrub when we traded him. Look at him now. Clifford will probably do the same; almost identical players. Clifford personifies Kings hockey. The only way he is dealt is if a left winger is coming back in some sort of package by both teams. And even then, it won't happen until next year when the cap goes back up.

And we sure as hell don't want Meszároš.

BackWithaVengeance 07-09-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman47 (Post 68981303)
I don't see a deal that makes sense here. Maybe phi 2014 1st round pick for cliff???

Lol, wut?

I mean, seriously. Holy ****. No thank you. Keep him.

ChoseLa 07-09-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 68986051)

Everyone thought Simmonds was a scrub when we traded him. Look at him now. Clifford will probably do the same; almost identical players. Clifford personifies Kings hockey. The only way he is dealt is if a left winger is coming back in some sort of package by both teams. And even then, it won't happen until next year when the cap goes back up.

Sure, i would take him on the Habs, but i don't think Clifford will become more than he is right now, i see him more as a young Travis Moen, wich is good. Love him.

markisonfire 07-09-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan018 (Post 68985409)

That's fine. I think Couturier is the better player, too. I was being facetious. At the same time, I'd take Clifford's 7g 7a +1 to Couturier's 4g 11a -8 last season.

Reclamation Project 07-09-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 68986443)
Sure, i would take him on the Habs, but i don't think Clifford will become more than he is right now, i see him more as a young Travis Moen, wich is good. Love him.

I could see him developing into a nasty, solid top six winger on a marginally contending team. He won't be that in LA though. His development has really stalled. Being jumbled between the third and fourth line will do that.

MW6 07-09-2013 03:49 PM

What kind of package would it take to get Clifford and Forbort to the Caps? Johansson +?

flyersfan018 07-09-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 68986051)

Simmonds hit 40 points at the age of 22. That was before LA was a cup contender. Simmonds and Clifford are not comparable.