HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is Stepan part of the future? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1466577)

Stepanformayor* 07-10-2013 02:30 PM

Is Stepan part of the future?

If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.

Colby 07-10-2013 02:31 PM

This is non-issue.

JeffMangum 07-10-2013 02:33 PM

Are you serious? Who ****ing cares what order the players get signed in?

Dactyl 07-10-2013 02:33 PM

gotta love the offseason

Lundsanity30 07-10-2013 02:33 PM

LIRL??? He's our #1 center, of course he is

GAGLine 07-10-2013 02:34 PM

You were clueless in the other thread, so you decided to announce it to everyone by making a new thread?

They are talking to Stepan's agent. The deal just hasn't gotten done yet. The fact that Falk signed before him means absolutely nothing. Falk had little negotiating leverage so there wasn't much to delay his signing. Stepan is our #1 center. He and his agent will want to be paid accordingly. Stepan is not arbitration eligible. Sather will want to keep his cap hit down. It's going to be a harder negotiation than the others, but it will get done.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 07-10-2013 02:34 PM

Panic.

JayMan82 07-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsposHounds (Post 69026571)
If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.

Relax duder, they are all arbitration eligible (I wouldn't even be surprised if Zuccs signed before him). Time is young in the offseason (MANY other notable players such as Henrique, Pietrangelo, etc) and I have all the confidence that there is a plan in place. Take it right from McDonagh's mouth from the press conference, we'll be hearing about his signing soon, no worries...

NYRKindms 07-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

You are assuming a lot. It could be that Stepan wants more $$ or specific accommodations like NMC etc. The players don't care what order they are signed in. They care about $$$$

Lundsanity30 07-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe Rangers wanted to get the other easy two out of the way to see if they could offer him a LTD this year instead of a bridge deal.

broadwayblue 07-10-2013 02:35 PM

This is one of the worst threads in a while. Seriously, really bad.

Bleed Ranger Blue 07-10-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

LOL, yea, Im sure they haven't contacted Stepan at all.

Dactyl 07-10-2013 02:37 PM

this needs to be updated

http://i.imgur.com/BzL8mWw.jpg

Mio41 07-10-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 69026833)
This is one of the worst threads in a while. Seriously, really bad.

Is Hank in our future....dump...

nyr2k2 07-10-2013 02:40 PM

OK, this is an unnecessary thread, as I think everyone has let us know. Discuss this in one of the signings threads, or something.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...pictureid=4578