HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buf-edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1466883)

SchultzSquared* 07-10-2013 09:02 PM

Buf-edm

TO BUF:

Nail Yakupov
Ales Hemsky
Martin Marincin

To EDM:

Thomas Vanek
Christian Ehrhoff

Sabres get a stud young forward who fits their rebuild very well... plus a D... Oilers get a top five winger in the NHL and a true #2 D... Hemsky could just be traded at the deadline by BUF for a pick and if he sucks too bad to trade he is a UFA so walks in the summer anyway

Vanek-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Perron
UFA-UFA-UFA
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Brown Smyth

Smid-Ehrhoff
Ference-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Petry
Potter

Ennis-Hodgson-Yakupov
Leino-Grigorenko-Hemsky
Foligno-Larsson-Stafford
Kaleta-Adam-Ott
Tropp Scott

Myers-Pysyk
Tallinder-Weber
Sulzer-McBain

Miller
Enroth

Trafalgar McLaw 07-10-2013 09:07 PM

You can't actually be an Oilers fan since you clearly haven't watched any of the games. Yakupov is far more physical than Vanek. The last thing we need is another erimeter player.:shakehead

jgoud* 07-10-2013 09:12 PM

Yak isn't going anywhere unless it's for a #1D... and even then it's unlikely he'll be moved. Yak is gonna be better than both those players and the oilers can't afford Vanek. Maybe something could evolve around ehrhoff

dma0034 07-10-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgoud (Post 69053021)
Yak isn't going anywhere unless it's for a #1D... and even then it's unlikely he'll be moved. Yak is gonna be better than both those players and the oilers can't afford Vanek. Maybe something could evolve around ehrhoff

Don't mind if you feel he is more valuable than Vanek and Ehrhoff but don't confuse that with who is better now.

If Edmonton had confirmation that Vanek would resign then this may be a possibility; since they wouldn't the Oilers have no reason to make this trade.

Mit Yarrum 07-10-2013 09:43 PM

Yak has a hell of a long way to go before he can ever be considered better than Vanek. Someone needs to take a good look at Vanek's career to date.

500 points in 600 games.

5 14 6 1 07-10-2013 09:47 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO This is just horrible. Like horrendous. Two long contracts and we give up Yakupov are you kidding me?

Mit Yarrum 07-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays (Post 69054489)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO This is just horrible. Like horrendous. Two long contracts and we give up Yakupov are you kidding me?

What are you talking about? Vanek has 1 year left. That's actually the problem. His value would be higher if he was signed longer term.

La Cosa Nostra 07-10-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law (Post 69052769)
You can't actually be an Oilers fan since you clearly haven't watched any of the games. Yakupov is far more physical than Vanek. The last thing we need is another erimeter player.:shakehead

:laugh: you talk about the op not watching games and then you call Vanek a perimeter player. Next time when you actually watch Vanek play, notice how much punishment he takes game in and game out while parked in front of the net where he scores the majority of his goals. Vanek isn't a perimeter player AT ALL. He plays a power forward game meaning he uses his 6'2, 210 pound frame to protect the puck and get position in front of the net. Vanek is by far the best player in the league when he is in his office at the top of the crease. No player can deflect shots and slam home rebounds as good as Vanek. And also, Vanek averages 35 goals a season while getting 17 minutes a game. When he gets 20 mins a game he actually scores at a 85+ point pace.

lakai17 07-10-2013 10:30 PM

I wouldn't trade Marincin alone for Ehrhoff and I know what Ehrhoff brings to the table.

B A T M A N* 07-10-2013 10:44 PM

Vanek is going to leave for Minny as a UFA.

MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD 07-10-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 69056243)
I wouldn't trade Marincin alone for Ehrhoff and I know what Ehrhoff brings to the table.

Either you expect Marincin to become a #1 guy or you really don't know.

HogtownSabresfan 07-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

That's good because the Sabres would not do it. Ehrhoff had great year on a crap team. He has long term contract but Sabres paid the big money up front. He's only a $4 million cap hit, low for a # 2 guy who can play tons of minutes. The right PP and that shot will take off.
Marincin looks like he's built like a toothpick. Is he really 6'5 and only 196 pounds?

thadd 07-10-2013 10:54 PM

NO no no no no no

Yakupov isn't going anywhere unless we're getting Weber and Nashville is paying for part of his contract.

No no no NO way to this deal.

Sorry, but no.

couture23 07-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 69057137)
NO no no no no no

Yakupov isn't going anywhere unless we're getting Weber and Nashville is paying for part of his contract.

Sorry, but no.

Exhibit A of why no one takes EDM fans seriously.

5 14 6 1 07-10-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 69057537)
Exhibit A of why no one takes EDM fans seriously.

We are in no way wanting to trade Yakupov so an overpayment like that is what it would take, or some type of Number 1 Defensman otherwise we have zero reason to move him.

lakai17 07-10-2013 11:28 PM

Nail Yakupov is one of those rare franchise wingers. You always overpay for a player you want to build your franchise around, ask Brian Burke.

nzoilerfan 07-10-2013 11:45 PM

Edmonton can't afford that deal. The contracts are too big, and Yakupov was really showing some great play and production in the last ten games. He will be a beast and plays a more physical game than Vanek so yea, Oilers say a big no.

MagnumForce 07-10-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays (Post 69057945)
We are in no way wanting to trade Yakupov so an overpayment like that is what it would take, or some type of Number 1 Defensman otherwise we have zero reason to move him.

Sabres' fans didn't propose the above trade.

DJN21 07-10-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

This thread was already heading in a bad direction then this^post happened and I decided to say this and exit stage left lol

and to OP as a sabres fan id accept.

CorpseFX 07-11-2013 12:05 AM

Vanek can hang in Buffalo forever in tiny mediocrity. no thanks. Yak stays. the dude is way too dangerous.

Kershaw 07-11-2013 12:05 AM

edm gets fleeced. Yak >>> that package

Petes2424 07-11-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 69052539)
TO BUF:

Nail Yakupov
Ales Hemsky
Martin Marincin

To EDM:

Thomas Vanek
Christian Ehrhoff

Sabres get a stud young forward who fits their rebuild very well... plus a D... Oilers get a top five winger in the NHL and a true #2 D... Hemsky could just be traded at the deadline by BUF for a pick and if he sucks too bad to trade he is a UFA so walks in the summer anyway

Vanek-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Perron
UFA-UFA-UFA
Joensuu-Gordon-Jones
Brown Smyth

Smid-Ehrhoff
Ference-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Petry
Potter

Ennis-Hodgson-Yakupov
Leino-Grigorenko-Hemsky
Foligno-Larsson-Stafford
Kaleta-Adam-Ott
Tropp Scott

Myers-Pysyk
Tallinder-Weber
Sulzer-McBain

Miller
Enroth

I just dont think the Oilers could do this and live with themselves. There's much easier ways to land Vanek. Yakupov has star, star potential. Like superstar potential.

HeavyMcHitter97 07-11-2013 01:19 AM

Big no from Edmonton

Sabre the Win 07-11-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A T M A N (Post 69056743)
Vanek is going to leave for Minny as a UFA.

Naw. Darcy won't let a player of his caliber walk during a rebuild. Dream on sota fans.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 69057137)
NO no no no no no

Sorry, but no.

SMH, You sir should be barred from all hockey negotiations on this board.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 69058109)
Nail Yakupov is one of those rare franchise wingers. You always overpay for a player you want to build your franchise around, ask Brian Burke.

and what good did that do him?
Quote:

Originally Posted by CorpseFX (Post 69059099)
Vanek can hang in Buffalo forever in tiny mediocrity. no thanks. Yak stays. the dude is way too dangerous.

Vanek is hands down better than your entire team to date, time will tell with Hall but as for Vanek in the last 7 seasons he hasn't had under a 50 point season. He is what you call "MONEY"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 69059121)
edm gets fleeced. Yak >>> that package

That's fine, with all your "superstar" youngsters you haven't made the playoffs in how long? I rather Sabres resign Vanek. He's too good to just pass up.

Vanek + Veteran Leadership > Yakupov, Hall, RNH, Hemsky

This is why we cant have nice things.

EichHart 07-11-2013 03:14 AM

An Edmonton fan started this thread. You guys crack me up. :laugh: