HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Beast to dismantle the East? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1466941)

ikeman79 07-10-2013 11:05 PM

The Beast to dismantle the East?

Are we just that?

I think we are getting closer. If you look up and down our lineup, it is getting improved.

Roy: Some people will hate this move. I like it. I've watched him and he is way better than he's getting credit for from the Blues fan base. He could score 70+ points this year, but everybody still wants Weiss? Roy is better I've watched them, he's also cheaper and more skilled. He is injury prone, but on a one year contract, he may find some new found health. Plus he's on a competitive team. He is very competitive.

Lapierre: This is a no brainer! Who do we have that is a better 4th line center? Who will have a 4th line than us? He is a tree trunk also, who will stack up against us in size down the middle now? Armstrong is getting blasted for this but it was pretty smart.

Aucoin: Depth player, everybody calm down. He is good, wouldn't you rather have reliable depth?

Perron trade: EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.... THIS IS NOT THE APOCOLYPSE... THE CEILING ISN"T FALLING OUT... It's going to be ok. The guy coming back is good. I think in our system he is better than Perron. I like Perron but the kid coming back isn't the useless tool that many would have you believe. I actually really like him. His hockey IQ isn't a zero. The good news we just got bigger, faster, younger, and harder to play against. Who cares if Perron has 100 point back to back seasons? Was Brett Hull in Calgary Brett Hull in St.Louis? Yes and no. If you don't fit the system it doesn't matter.

Are We done? We might not be, don't get to excited folks. One thing is clear: We are now better than we were last year already when we sign Pie and Stewart. Stewart filed for arbitration today. I think he gets signed. We are bigger, we are faster, we are more skilled, yes Roy is more skilled than Perron, I'm sorry I know I just upset people. Look up his stats, Roy is skilled a lot of skilled. We got a good signing if he stays healthy. He is what we needed, he isn't Andy McDonald, if he is, then he is the younger PPG Andy McDonald pre Doug Weight trade. OH MYYY GOSH ROY ISN"T OLD KIDS!!!! I'm much happier with him than Weiss or Fillpula.

So relax, when this team hits the ice they are going to be fun to watch! I'm pumped.

timtindall 07-10-2013 11:46 PM

i agree with everything you said.
:yo::handclap::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap::y o::yo::yo::nod::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Thekidline 07-11-2013 12:09 AM

Agree! Especially about Lapierre. He will do great playing under Hitch and fills a need. I think most people were upset about this because they were only focused on getting a #1 center and obviously Lapierre isn't that and because people thought the blues were "done" after that signing.

Borderbluesfan 07-11-2013 01:32 AM

I am actually pretty damned excited for the upcoming season with the trades made far. We are going to be a pretty hard team to play against, regular season or playoffs. We have arguably one of the best defenses in the league, decent if not elite goaltending, and I think our offense has gotten better. I am expecting Schwartz and Tarasenko to get more ice time without Perron and I think Magnus can be a pretty darn good addition to the offense. Loved what I saw of his highlights on the Edmonton site. Good speed into the offensive zone, good hands, and he drove to the goal area to score many of his goals.

HooliganX2 07-11-2013 01:57 AM

For some reason it seems you think we got the pre-injury Roy which we did not there is a reason Buffalo traded him for Steve Ott. Roy is not a 70 point player anymore. If you think he will get 70 points here your delusional. If we are lucky he will be a 50 point guy and to be honest that's not a bad thing if he scores 50 points IMO that will be a good season for him. Roy is close to a wash with McDonald prior to last season IMO.

Lapierre really was not needed with Sobotka here. Not saying it's a bad signing just not one that will have a huge impact here and seems like a waste of our limited money available.

Aucoin is a minor league player we may use as a first call up or he's a healthy scratch again not really a player we needed but not a big deal as well.

The Perron trade was needed for our budget but makes us a worse team. Perron is a much better player then MPS. You seem to have unrealistic expectations for MPS.

I don't see us as a "beast" team at all we are really similar to the team we were last season.

J-Bow and Pietrangelo playing a whole season together should be a plus I expect them both to produce more points. Pietrangelo should get over 50 pretty easily.

I hope Leopold plays with Polak and Jackman with Shattenkirk. I think Shattenkirk paried with Jackman will allow him to possibly hit 50 points this season.

If we get lucky and Roy and Stewart have chemistry together then Stewart has a great shot of getting over 30 goals this season and 60 points.

Backes should hit over 50 points and over 20 goals. Oshie will most likely miss 10-20 games and hit in the 40 point range. If healthy he could get over 50 again. Steen will also most likely miss games with injury and score in the 40 point range. Also if he stays healthy 50 points is possible.

Berglund I have no idea what to expect he could score in the 30's or he could get in the mid 50's.

MPS should get in the 30 point range.

Schwartz and Tarasenko are total question marks for my they could break out. Schwartz breaking out he could hit the high 40's or even 50 this season. Tarasenko breaking out could mean he gets 60 points and 30 goals or 25 goals and 50 points. Or both could be in the 30-40 point range hard to predict right now.

We have a very similar team to the teams we have had in the past. Our defense should be better the offense for me rests on Tarasenko and Schwartz most with Berglund also being a wild card.

nicholas89alex 07-11-2013 02:04 AM

I think we need to worry about beating the west before we worry about beating the east. that being said I like the moves and predicted in a few other threads 240 goals for the blues this year which would be in the 8-12 range. I think it will be tough for teams to play against the blues because besides Roy and Stewart I don't think there is any player that is a one zone player and Roy and Stewart should generate enough offense to get paired against teams top defensive line so they shouldn't need to play defense.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas89alex (Post 69061697)
I think we need to worry about beating the west before we worry about beating the east. that being said I like the moves and predicted in a few other threads 240 goals for the blues this year which would be in the 8-12 range. I think it will be tough for teams to play against the blues because besides Roy and Stewart I don't think there is any player that is a one zone player and Roy and Stewart should generate enough offense to get paired against teams top defensive line so they shouldn't need to play defense.

Yes:nod:

I was stating that Armstrong is trying to make us the best in the West to take down the east :)

ikeman79 07-11-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 69061541)
For some reason it seems you think we got the pre-injury Roy which we did not there is a reason Buffalo traded him for Steve Ott. Roy is not a 70 point player anymore. If you think he will get 70 points here your delusional. If we are lucky he will be a 50 point guy and to be honest that's not a bad thing if he scores 50 points IMO that will be a good season for him. Roy is close to a wash with McDonald prior to last season IMO.

Lapierre really was not needed with Sobotka here. Not saying it's a bad signing just not one that will have a huge impact here and seems like a waste of our limited money available.

Aucoin is a minor league player we may use as a first call up or he's a healthy scratch again not really a player we needed but not a big deal as well.

The Perron trade was needed for our budget but makes us a worse team. Perron is a much better player then MPS. You seem to have unrealistic expectations for MPS.

I don't see us as a "beast" team at all we are really similar to the team we were last season.

J-Bow and Pietrangelo playing a whole season together should be a plus I expect them both to produce more points. Pietrangelo should get over 50 pretty easily.

I hope Leopold plays with Polak and Jackman with Shattenkirk. I think Shattenkirk paried with Jackman will allow him to possibly hit 50 points this season.

If we get lucky and Roy and Stewart have chemistry together then Stewart has a great shot of getting over 30 goals this season and 60 points.

Backes should hit over 50 points and over 20 goals. Oshie will most likely miss 10-20 games and hit in the 40 point range. If healthy he could get over 50 again. Steen will also most likely miss games with injury and score in the 40 point range. Also if he stays healthy 50 points is possible.

Berglund I have no idea what to expect he could score in the 30's or he could get in the mid 50's.

Schwartz and Tarasenko are total question marks for my they could break out. Schwartz breaking out he could hit the high 40's or even 50 this season. Tarasenko breaking out could mean he gets 60 points and 30 goals or 25 goals and 50 points. Or both could be in the 30-40 point range hard to predict right now.

We have a very similar team to the teams we have had in the past. Our defense should be better the offense for me rests on Tarasenko and Schwartz most with Berglund also being a wild card.

I actually do think Roy is still good. Looked pretty impressive in Dallas. So no I don't think he is Buffalo Roy, I just think he is Roy. A guy that is healing and getting better and who is very skilled and can still score 70 points.

Lappierre is larger than Sobotka, Sobotka isn't really a center, he has just been being a utility guy here. Very interchangeable. I love Sobotka, but Lappierre is going to be a great 4th line center here, that line will be huge with him and Reaves and Porter.

I stated Aucoin was a depth player, its like you don't even read my post.

The Perron trade does not make our team worse. Perron is a different player than who we got in return. Perron is Mr. Dangles, sometimes to no avail. Love the guy but he needs to be in a different system.

If were not a beast team then what are we? We are huge up the middle, we have some talented wingers, we have the best defense possibly in hockey, and our Goaltending is good, I wouldn't be surprised if our goalies are bolstered before the season starts.

pricer502 07-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 69061541)

People rate how good players are just based on their offensive skill. Perron was horrible on defense most of the year. He also made several terrible offensive zone penalties. The only way you put up with a guy not playing defense and taking bad penalties is if they are scoring 70 points a year. Perron is not that guy and needed to go. The fact that Paajarvi is bigger faster and plays on both ends of the ice will make the Blues a better team.

Vladys Gumption 07-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricer502 (Post 69065943)
People rate how good players are just based on their offensive skill. Perron was horrible on defense most of the year. He also made several terrible offensive zone penalties. The only way you put up with a guy not playing defense and taking bad penalties is if they are scoring 70 points a year. Perron is not that guy and needed to go. The fact that Paajarvi is bigger faster and plays on both ends of the ice will make the Blues a better team.

Hooligan does have a point about Perron. Perron is the much superior player to Paajarvi. And he is totally right about Lapierre. That was a total head scratcher.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 69068039)
Hooligan does have a point about Perron. Perron is the much superior player to Paajarvi. And he is totally right about Lapierre. That was a total head scratcher.

To be totally honest Perron really isn't superior. He really hasn't ever did much of anything to this point. All the tools are there, but it never seems to come together, except a few highlight reel goals and plays. Now don't get me wrong I like him. I think he is awesome, he will probably shine in an offensive first system. That's just it though we don't have that here. So Paajarvi should be a great addition. He isn't the dud he is being type cast as. I wouldn't be surprised if his potential takes him further than Perron in the future.

Lapierre isn't really a head scratcher, he is better than anybody else we had at the position. Armstong is strengthening the whole lineup, not just the skill players. He is making us better and harder to play against from the top 6 forwards to the bottom 6.
This is going to be a good team.

nicholas89alex 07-11-2013 10:16 AM

lapierre can get 20 points playing on a fourth line and throw a ton of hits. basically porter or cracknel defense with twice as much offense for less than half a million more. did we need him? no. does help? of course. also he's a very good penalty killer, so we wont have to burn out our offensive players having them trying to kill penalties.
on a different note what do you guys think of a shut down line of MPS-Backes-Oshie late in games where the blues have a one goal lead. I don't think there would be a line in the NHL that would be able to handle those defensive forwards and with the speed of oshie and MPS one mistake could lead to an odd man rush for the blues fairly easily.

Vladys Gumption 07-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69068887)
To be totally honest Perron really isn't superior. He really hasn't ever did much of anything to this point. All the tools are there, but it never seems to come together, except a few highlight reel goals and plays. Now don't get me wrong I like him. I think he is awesome, he will probably shine in an offensive first system. That's just it though we don't have that here. So Paajarvi should be a great addition. He isn't the dud he is being type cast as. I wouldn't be surprised if his potential takes him further than Perron in the future.

Lapierre isn't really a head scratcher, he is better than anybody else we had at the position. Armstong is strengthening the whole lineup, not just the skill players. He is making us better and harder to play against from the top 6 forwards to the bottom 6.
This is going to be a good team.

I never said Paajarvi is a dud. But Perron is definitely th better player. For all his faults and all the criticism he gets (from me included), Perron's offensive game is much better than Paajarvi's right now. And your description of Perron could be immediately thrown back at Paajarvi too. As for Lapierre, he's a decent piece. But he wasn't necessary. We could have used the 1.1 in cap space we are spending on him elsewhere. We didn't need to bring him in. This isn't me being all doom and gloom. We still have a good team. I just don't think we are really that much better than we were before free agency started.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas89alex (Post 69069253)
lapierre can get 20 points playing on a fourth line and throw a ton of hits. basically porter or cracknel defense with twice as much offense for less than half a million more. did we need him? no. does help? of course. also he's a very good penalty killer, so we wont have to burn out our offensive players having them trying to kill penalties.
on a different note what do you guys think of a shut down line of MPS-Backes-Oshie late in games where the blues have a one goal lead. I don't think there would be a line in the NHL that would be able to handle those defensive forwards and with the speed of oshie and MPS one mistake could lead to an odd man rush for the blues fairly easily.

I like the line you stated. I like any line on this team. We might be the best 2-way team in hockey now. We are going to be really solid defensively, plus we got Stewart a guy to pass the buiscuit to him in Roy.

I think this is the best team we have iced in a decade atleast. Armstrong might not even be done.

We are bigger now with more skill, Los Angles will be easier to play, so will Chicago because we got faster and more skilled to go with the size. I also think the 2-way system they are building can shut down the elite offenses when you couple it with our unbelievable defense. I'm stoked, this is starting to look right to me.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:27 AM

Sobotka/Lappiere/Reaves=scary
Porter/Lappiere/Reaves=scary

Plus we have interchangeable Cracknell=still scary

Aucoin is a good depth move.

Roy= give puck to Stewart
Scwartz= better than perron or McDonald
Paajarvi=untapped potential. Watch his international play and tell me he has no hockey IQ please? He has less space in NHL but he is young, he will get it. He is a stud. Perron is a stud but one dimensional. Paajarvi is a two way threat, and faster than lightning, this was an excellent trade.

Novacain 07-11-2013 10:29 AM

Person's problem was simple: he was outplayed by Steen and Schwartz last year, and was firmly behind both on the depth chart this year. He also is too turnover prone and mediocre defensivly to be an effective third liner He's top 6 forward with no business in a bottom 6.

Getting Magnus works for me, cause he is a solid, steady 3rd who can grow into a guy who can move up.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 69069383)
I never said Paajarvi is a dud. But Perron is definitely th better player. For all his faults and all the criticism he gets (from me included), Perron's offensive game is much better than Paajarvi's right now. And your description of Perron could be immediately thrown back at Paajarvi too. As for Lapierre, he's a decent piece. But he wasn't necessary. We could have used the 1.1 in cap space we are spending on him elsewhere. We didn't need to bring him in. This isn't me being all doom and gloom. We still have a good team. I just don't think we are really that much better than we were before free agency started.

There is a reason Paajarvi was drafted at number 10, which he slided to. His potential has not been met. Paajarvi doesn't deserve the Perron wrap anymore than Perron, both are playing in systems that were not using them correctly. Its an excellent trade. Perron hasn't really done much more than Paajarvi to this point look at his stats? Not really anything to call him the supierior offensive player. He is Mr. Dangles, he is a moment of brilliance.
Paajarvi is very young, he isn't there yet, where he is going is good. He is lighting fast, a cheaper cap hit, and can bring as much offense a Perron was bringing. Perron might put up more in Edmonton, but he sure wasn't doing it here.

Our team has to win as a team. Not individuals, all moves made have been team moves, not individual. You can't keep every player you draft in the salary cap era.

We aren't a worse team now. We are better by a wide margain.

Vladys Gumption 07-11-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69069597)

Paajarvi=untapped potential. Watch his international play and tell me he has no hockey IQ please? He has less space in NHL but he is young, he will get it. He is a stud. Perron is a stud but one dimensional. Paajarvi is a two way threat, and faster than lightning, this was an excellent trade.

I'm sorry but saying Schwartz is better than Perron and McDonald right just is foolish. I believe he's legit and will be a fantastic player, but lets see him play a full season before we say that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69069835)
There is a reason Paajarvi was drafted at number 10, which he slided to. His potential has not been met. Paajarvi doesn't deserve the Perron wrap anymore than Perron, both are playing in systems that were not using them correctly. Its an excellent trade. Perron hasn't really done much more than Paajarvi to this point look at his stats? Not really anything to call him the supierior offensive player. He is Mr. Dangles, he is a moment of brilliance.
Paajarvi is very young, he isn't there yet, where he is going is good. He is lighting fast, a cheaper cap hit, and can bring as much offense a Perron was bringing. Perron might put up more in Edmonton, but he sure wasn't doing it here.

Our team has to win as a team. Not individuals, all moves made have been team moves, not individual. You can't keep every player you draft in the salary cap era.

We aren't a worse team now. We are better by a wide margain.

As it stands, Perron is definitely the better player. Paajarvi has potential, but he doesn't have the puck skills Perron does. Perron also has two 20 goal seasons. Paajarvi has one 15 goal season. I've watched plenty of Paajarvi, both on NHL ice and internationally. And yes he does have limited hockey IQ. He's got the tools to be a very productive two way player, but Perron will always be the one to put up better offensive numbers. And I never said we are a worse team. I said I don't think we are much better than we were a week ago. There's a big difference.

HooliganX2 07-11-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69069597)

MPS had a 7% shooting percentage in Sweden. I have payed close attention to him. Ever since the 2009 draft I have followed him. He was suppose to be one of the most skilled players in the draft. While that still may be true it ended up he has a huge flaw in offensive awareness. That seems to be the reason he dropped to EDM in the draft because scouts had questions about it. MPS is a defensive player with not much offense to think of.

It's okay to be positive about our team but please actually know about the player. You really don't seem to have watched MPS at all if you think he is a 2 way threat.

Schwartz is a player I have very high hopes for but he is not the better player then Perron yet he may be but he's yet to convert his talent into points. McDonald pre last season was a very good offensive player and we'd be lucky if Schwartz or Roy can have the impact he did.

Our 4th line was our best line in the LA series. It really didn't need improvements.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 69070025)
I'm sorry but saying Schwartz is better than Perron and McDonald right just is foolish. I believe he's legit and will be a fantastic player, but lets see him play a full season before we say that.

As it stands, Perron is definitely the better player. Paajarvi has potential, but he doesn't have the puck skills Perron does. Perron also has two 20 goal seasons. Paajarvi has one 15 goal season. I've watched plenty of Paajarvi, both on NHL ice and internationally. And yes he does have limited hockey IQ. He's got the tools to be a very productive two way player, but Perron will always be the one to put up better offensive numbers. And I never said we are a worse team. I said I don't think we are much better than we were a week ago. There's a big difference.

Yes for our system Scwartz is better than Perron or McDonald. McDonald before concussions no, after yes.

Perron is the most proven player not the better player at this point. Paajarvi hasn't been around as long as Perron. He hasn't had the chance to do what Perron has even with Perron missing a year.

You guys are a little off on what I'm saying. Perron is a stud yes. Perron isn't going to be that great on our team ever, its not made for his style. This is a good trade. Paajarvi will have a better chance here than in Edmonton to showcase his style of play.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 69070085)
MPS had a 7% shooting percentage in Sweden. I have payed close attention to him. Ever since the 2009 draft I have followed him. He was suppose to be one of the most skilled players in the draft. While that still may be true it end up he has a huge flaw in offensive awareness. That seems to be the reason he dropped to EDM in the draft because scouts had questions about it. MPS is a defensive player with not much offense to think of.

It's okay to be positive about our team but please actually know about the player. You really don't seem to have watched MPS at all if you think he is a 2 way threat.

Schwartz is a player I have very high hopes for but he is not the better player then Perron yet he may be but he's yet to convert his talent into points. McDonald pre last season was a very good offensive player and we'd be lucky if Schwartz or Roy can have the impact he did.

Our 4th line was our best line in the LA series. It really didn't need improvements.

I'm not concerned with why MPS fell to 10. I think Eric Johnson was picked number 1 once upon a time, but I'd rather have Shattenkirk and Stewart.

It is okay to be positive about our team, your right. It isn't ok to be negative about it though, because its better than it was. I remember you were all bent out of shape on Bouwmeester and stated all kinds of things about him that wasn't true, you seem to be the one that doesn't watch the players much. You stated he was soft and sent me on a tyraid you have in your avatar because I haven't won any spelling bee contest, turns out I was right though, Jay is the man and he isn't a cream puff. Made the team better yes. I know you like it now yes.

How is Paajarvi not a 2 way threat? How is he not faster than Perron? How is he not bigger? How will he take as many stupid penalties as Perron? How is he not better for our system? Why is he so not right? Who should of we got for Perron?

Everything always needs improvement if you want to get better and win the cup. Lappierre is better than what we had.

HooliganX2 07-11-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69070375)
Yes for our system Scwartz is better than Perron or McDonald. McDonald before concussions no, after yes.

Perron is the most proven player not the better player at this point. Paajarvi hasn't been around as long as Perron. He hasn't had the chance to do what Perron has even with Perron missing a year.

You guys are a little off on what I'm saying. Perron is a stud yes. Perron isn't going to be that great on our team ever, its not made for his style. This is a good trade. Paajarvi will have a better chance here than in Edmonton to showcase his style of play.

Perron is the better player. Come on with that. Perron is more Proven because he is the player. It's not even close when you compare them. Right now MPS is a good 3rd liner while Perron is a top 6 on almost any team in the NHL.

Vladys Gumption 07-11-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69070375)

Proven>potential. Schwartz has yet to play a full NHL season. I fail to see how you can say for certain he's a better fit than anybody else. Like I said, I like him a lot and think he will be a very good player for a long time. But he still has to prove it. And you can't judge the Paajarvi trade yet. The kid has yet to play a game for us. Nobody an say for sure if it was a good or bad trade yet.

Vladys Gumption 07-11-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikeman79 (Post 69070583)
I'm not concerned with why MPS fell to 10. I think Eric Johnson was picked number 1 once upon a time, but I'd rather have Shattenkirk and Stewart.

It is okay to be positive about our team, your right. It isn't ok to be negative about it though, because its better than it was. I remember you were all bent out of shape on Bouwmeester and stated all kinds of things about him that wasn't true, you seem to be the one that doesn't watch the players much. You stated he was soft and sent me on a tyraid you have in your avatar because I haven't won any spelling bee contest, turns out I was right though, Jay is the man and he isn't a cream puff. Made the team better yes. I know you like it now yes.

How is Paajarvi not a 2 way threat? How is he not faster than Perron? How is he not bigger? How will he take as many stupid penalties as Perron? How is he not better for our system? Why is he so not right? Who should of we got for Perron?

Everything always needs improvement if you want to get better and win the cup. Lappierre is better than what we had.

So because Paajarvi is faster and bigger he's the better player? No he's a good third line option at this point, while Perron is an established top six on just about every team. And you keep going on about Perron's faults while ignoring Paajarvi's. we moved Perron for cap space. That's why we didn't get a better player back.

ikeman79 07-11-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 69070809)
Perron is the better player. Come on with that. Perron is more Proven because he is the player. It's not even close when you compare them. Right now MPS is a good 3rd liner while Perron is a top 6 on almost any team in the NHL.

I'm saying Perron is more proven as an offensive player than MPS who is 2-3 years his junior? Come on with what? I'd even argue Paajarvi is the more complete player now already. Paajarvi can play in a top 6 role.

Perron again is better offensively, I'm talking about the best player for our system? Why is this so hard to understand, nowhere am I saying Paajarvi is now the better offensive player, I'm saying he is better for our system right now and most likely with his potential can put up what Perron is putting up now in the future and possible more. Where is this confusing anybody.

Paajarvi makes our team better and Perron makes Edmonton better now, this is an Excellent trade.

How is Paajarvi not a 2-way threat?

Don't you like defense? Your always going on about shut down guys yes? How then can you call Perron a good player for our system when we are down by a goal and he is skating around diving and cussing drawing unsportsmanlike penalties putting us down a man late in games? He was a bonehead in his own zone, he tried to be an agitator, which worked at times, others it was horrible!! He saw the writing on the wall, when you don't fit a system, you stretch to fit. He was trying to do more than needed. He won't need to in Edmonton.

Paajarvi on the other hand was in an offensive system on the bottom six, he is much like Perron and needs to have top 6 minutes and talent to finish. He will come here and be in a different role and expand the defensive side of his game, while his offense finds him. Which is what we need, a big, responsible forward who can chip in offensively, which is what he is. Plus he is fast that's a plus. I don't see the issue, and I hope this explains better what I'm thinking.

I'm only saying everybody keeps saying we got took, well..not really no. This is the salary cap era, we can't keep everybody. I think we got good return for Perron in the situation and the system we are building. We filled a hole with an asset.