HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Pacioretty update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1467049)

crystal ball 07-11-2013 07:43 AM

Pacioretty update
 
Hi all. I came across this little piece with Max Pacioretty today. Not much to it, but thought I'd share it anyhow.

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...is-4658455.php

Maverik 07-11-2013 08:26 AM

Cool story. Requesting Henri's number :shakehead

Team_Spirit 07-11-2013 03:32 PM

Didnt know he was a huge Lacrosse fan.

Shutdown 07-11-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 69089693)
Didnt know he was a huge Lacrosse fan.

It is illegal to dislike Lacrosse whilst growing up in Connecticut.

Koivu 11 07-11-2013 04:24 PM

since it doesnt look like this thread is going anywhere...great avatar ..".brett...answer the damn phone!" hahaha

CTHabsfan 07-12-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown (Post 69090161)
It is illegal to dislike Lacrosse whilst growing up in Connecticut.

Really? I suppose you think that we all drive BMWs and wear sweaters tied carefully around our necks, as well.

AntonCH 07-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 69154453)
Really? I suppose you think that we all drive BMWs and wear sweaters tied carefully around our necks, as well.

pretty much...........................

CTHabsfan 07-12-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonCH (Post 69154491)
pretty much...........................

wrong

Marc BargainBin 07-12-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 69154605)
wrong

Prove it

:sarcasm:

Shutdown 07-13-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 69154453)
Really? I suppose you think that we all drive BMWs and wear sweaters tied carefully around our necks, as well.

If you took even the slightest offense to my statement i'm sorry. because it was truly a terrible thing to say. must've been hard for you to read those words. they cut like a knife.

CTHabsfan 07-13-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown (Post 69161227)
If you took even the slightest offense to my statement i'm sorry. because it was truly a terrible thing to say. must've been hard for you to read those words. they cut like a knife.

I'm sure that you would appreciate it if someone were to post some idiotic stereotypes about people from Montreal.

Dr Gonzo 07-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 69161545)
I'm sure that you would appreciate it if someone were to post some idiotic stereotypes about people from Montreal.

They wear too much cologne and eat too much smoked meat.

True story.

I hope I don't get excommunicated for my crimes against humanity.

Shutdown 07-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTHabsfan (Post 69161545)
I'm sure that you would appreciate it if someone were to post some idiotic stereotypes about people from Montreal.

I'd be so upset. It's truly upsetting stuff.

Again, I'm sorry. Please forgive me for my harsh words.

The Russian General 07-13-2013 09:18 AM

What the **** is up in this thread lol

NHLFutureGuy3 07-13-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 69162047)
What the **** is up in this thread lol

Offseason

ChristosCUP 07-13-2013 09:28 AM

What about them expos

yoyo999 07-13-2013 09:46 AM

Interesting little read. What I got out of the article is that it really showed the difference in how serious athletics is taken in the US compared to Canada.

Max Pacioretty's idol was the captain of his local High School team. How many people here can name their High School team? Had ever been to a game as a youth and didn't even attend the school, let alone know who the captain was when you were a kid?

If you asked most young Canadians who their favourite hockey player was it would be an NHL'er. Maybe a CHL player, but that's even puhsing it.

Nothing wrong with admiring a H.S. player, I just thought it was very different.

Le Tricolore 07-13-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown (Post 69090161)
It is illegal to dislike Lacrosse whilst growing up in Connecticut.

Have you ever played it? I did in sec 5 in high school. Holy ****, is lacrosse ever fun!

Myron Gaines* 07-13-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 69162823)
Have you ever played it? I did in sec 5 in high school. Holy ****, is lacrosse ever fun!

I used to put the ball on the ground and handle it like a puck. It was the only way I could be effective, I was horrible at it.

CTHabsfan 07-13-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo999 (Post 69162551)
Interesting little read. What I got out of the article is that it really showed the difference in how serious athletics is taken in the US compared to Canada.

Max Pacioretty's idol was the captain of his local High School team. How many people here can name their High School team? Had ever been to a game as a youth and didn't even attend the school, let alone know who the captain was when you were a kid?

If you asked most young Canadians who their favourite hockey player was it would be an NHL'er. Maybe a CHL player, but that's even puhsing it.

Nothing wrong with admiring a H.S. player, I just thought it was very different.

No, that's just Max being Max. Most kids in the US idolize someone playing in the NFL, MLB, NBA, or (to a lesser extent) NHL. Most people in Connecticut have never played, or watched, lacrosse.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.