HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2013-14 Season Alignment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1467175)

djslue 07-11-2013 12:14 PM

2013-14 Season Alignment
 
http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-alig...013-14-p184920

pelts35.com 07-11-2013 01:10 PM

Makes perfect sense that Utica is in the West. :rolleyes:

sk84fun_dc 07-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 69074397)
Makes perfect sense that Utica is in the West. :rolleyes:

The division makes sense, but we already knew there has been and would be craziness with the configuration around the League. Charlotte as exhibit A.

No Fun Shogun 07-11-2013 09:18 PM

The Midwest is exactly what I wanted, Utica being in the North is only mildly off, but gotta feel bad for the West. Especially Charlotte.

Frostbite Warrior 07-11-2013 10:04 PM

I have 3 words for you guys Empire State Division. I makes more sense

will5059 07-27-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 69110095)
I have 3 words for you guys Empire State Division. I makes more sense

What about when the phantoms move back to Pennsylvania ?

Lethargic 07-28-2013 01:29 AM

4 seasons 4 division moves for the Checkers.

Rumblick 07-28-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will5059 (Post 69681493)
What about when the phantoms move back to Pennsylvania ?


That would actually help matters. Right now, there are 6 NY teams in the AHL. When the Phantoms leave, you've got a 5-team division (Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Utica, Binghamton).

adsfan 07-28-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit Semin (Post 69687309)
4 seasons 4 division moves for the Checkers.

I think the AHL needs another team in their region. Being an outpost city is hurting them. The other teams need to travel a long way to get there, hence the division changes. The AHL is spreading the pain to the other conference teams.

Tommy Hawk 07-29-2013 11:35 PM

What all of you fail to realize is that these alignments do not factor into any of the scheduling. The only impact is playoff scheduling. Other than that, the East gets what they want and the west gets the rest......

No Fun Shogun 08-04-2013 04:27 PM

Is there a reason why the AHL hasn't just tossed Norfolk in with the Charlotte and put them in together as part of a Dixie division with the Texas/Oklahoma teams? Seems like it'd make the most sense for all the teams involved, all things considered.

Rumblick 08-04-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69918727)
Is there a reason why the AHL hasn't just tossed Norfolk in with the Charlotte and put them in together as part of a Dixie division with the Texas/Oklahoma teams? Seems like it'd make the most sense for all the teams involved, all things considered.

It'd probably be easier for them travel wise to fly everywhere instead of busing 6+ hours to anyone. Only thing I could think of is that they've poured so much money into that sleeper bus of theirs, they don't want to blow off the investment.

No Fun Shogun 08-06-2013 11:10 AM

heh... now I want to see that bus...

WolfKeeper 08-06-2013 01:03 PM

Charlotte has one too?

If you're talking about the old Peoria one, apparently you can lease it out.

http://www.rivermen.net/index/1-team.../#.UgEsG5K1Hg8

No Fun Shogun 08-06-2013 08:35 PM

Awesome, thanks for sharing that, Wolf. Good watch.

JimB 08-07-2013 11:03 AM

Info and photos of the bus the Admirals use can be found at
http://www.venturebustours.com/equip...y-sleeper.html

RFA 08-10-2013 10:52 PM

It's funny they stopped releasing the schedule breakdown a few weeks earlier. They'd say how many times each team would play each other, must have stopped because there are so many strange numbers in it.

Those busses look cool, but I'd like to see how they look full.

MM658 08-16-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFA (Post 70096575)
It's funny they stopped releasing the schedule breakdown a few weeks earlier. They'd say how many times each team would play each other, must have stopped because there are so many strange numbers in it.

Or they're justifiably embarrassed by how many zeros are in it.

Tommy Hawk 08-17-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69918727)
Is there a reason why the AHL hasn't just tossed Norfolk in with the Charlotte and put them in together as part of a Dixie division with the Texas/Oklahoma teams? Seems like it'd make the most sense for all the teams involved, all things considered.

Because divisions and conferences have ZERO bearing on the schedule. There is no "you must play everyone in your division or conference a certain number of times" rule.

And for those that want to know the opponents for the teams here in the midwest:


Milwaukee:
18 times each - Chicago, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Chicago:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Rockford:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Iowa:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Chicago, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Grand Rapids:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Chicago
4 times - Abbotsford

Emerald City Bruin 08-22-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 69074397)
Makes perfect sense that Utica is in the West. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Canucks lobbied hard for that as it meant Utica would make at least one trip to play the Heat. Plus, it helps Abbotsford out as people will actually show up to those games.

Disengage 08-22-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald City Bruin (Post 70434717)
I'm sure the Canucks lobbied hard for that as it meant Utica would make at least one trip to play the Heat. Plus, it helps Abbotsford out as people will actually show up to those games.

I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has almost no bearing on schedule.

SFTC Addict 08-23-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 69688129)

That would actually help matters. Right now, there are 6 NY teams in the AHL. When the Phantoms leave, you've got a 5-team division (Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Utica, Binghamton).

Highly doubt Utica lasts long term.

Emerald City Bruin 08-23-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disengage (Post 70437189)
I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has almost no bearing on schedule.

You didn't have to say it this time. He was talking about Utica being in the Western Conference. Were they in the East, they wouldn't be travelling to Abbotsford at all.

Tommy Hawk 08-24-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald City Bruin (Post 70449885)
You didn't have to say it this time. He was talking about Utica being in the Western Conference. Were they in the East, they wouldn't be travelling to Abbotsford at all.

Yes they would. Whomever the Canucks affiliate with will ALWAYS travel to Abbotsford since those games sell a ton of tickets.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Disengage (Post 70437189)
I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has almost no bearing on schedule.


Fixed it for you:

I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has no bearing on schedule.

adsfan 08-25-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 70285305)
Because divisions and conferences have ZERO bearing on the schedule. There is no "you must play everyone in your division or conference a certain number of times" rule.

And for those that want to know the opponents for the teams here in the midwest:


Milwaukee:
18 times each - Chicago, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Chicago:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Rockford:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Iowa:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Chicago, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford


Grand Rapids:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Chicago
4 times - Abbotsford

Actually, it is Milwaukee 12x for Chicago and Rockford; and 10x for Iowa and Grand Rapids, but your point is still valid. I would rather see 10x maximum and see another team or two during the season. Milwaukee plays 14 teams this season, up 1 from 2012-13.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.