HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: Trade with NJD? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1467509)

McDugan 07-11-2013 04:10 PM

Trade with NJD?
 
Anyone think we might be able to gain some cap spaceand strengthen the D further by taking advantage of the NJD's situation?

I'm not too knowledgeable about how they feel about him, but I'd love to get Adam Larsson from them, if the expectation would be that he could be re-signed. Or Volchenkov, although he obviously wouldn't provide salary relief.

Schenn for Larsson? Pieces to add on either side?

Alchemy 07-11-2013 04:12 PM

No. We should stay the course and continue to build within. Don't help them out. Let them rot.

Bryz4shiz 07-11-2013 04:17 PM

We aren't getting Larsson and Volchenkov sucks

FlyersFan61290 07-11-2013 04:21 PM

IMO the Flyers don't need defense now and they will be getting some help from the young guys in a 2-4 yrs, maybe sooner (Hagg). There is absolutely no need to move any of the young guys now or in the immediate future unless they are getting a #1. So my answer is no.

Ilya Bryzastor 07-11-2013 05:11 PM

Why would they trade Larsson?

LegionOfDoom91 07-11-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzastor (Post 69097949)
Why would they trade Larsson?

I doubt they would now. I don't think a rebuild is out of the question for now. Henrique & Larsson would be the likely guys to build around.

Roman Reigns 07-11-2013 05:39 PM

We've got our own young Swedish d man to look forward to. No need to trade for Larsson. It would never happen anyway. You don't help division rivals.

RJ8812* 07-11-2013 07:11 PM

we'll never make a significant trade with a division rival

nuclear reactor 07-11-2013 07:23 PM

I guess I'm missing a step. They lose Kovalchuk. ... Then they trade Larsson to the Flyers.

Not following.

Hockeypete49 07-11-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDugan (Post 69093571)
Anyone think we might be able to gain some cap spaceand strengthen the D further by taking advantage of the NJD's situation?

I'm not too knowledgeable about how they feel about him, but I'd love to get Adam Larsson from them, if the expectation would be that he could be re-signed. Or Volchenkov, although he obviously wouldn't provide salary relief.

Schenn for Larsson? Pieces to add on either side?

Screw the bevs.

Beef Invictus 07-11-2013 08:29 PM

We should be in the business of enjoying their misery, not helping them rebuild their offense while hoping the defense we gets back compensates for what we give them.

BackWithaVengeance 07-12-2013 12:07 AM

I remember the years when they owned us game in game out.

Scott Stevens hit against Lindros in the play-offs.

Sister lovers unhuman goaaltending.



I couldn't care less.

FlyersFanz 07-15-2013 11:29 AM

Wow! Devils got screwed royally....Kovi leaving the NHL and team, they lost their #1 pick for 2014 for Kovi's trade and lost Parise because they couldn't fit both salaries on the team
Now Jersey has to scramble to find some offensive talent like Kovi...GL.
Do the Devils still have to pay Kovi part of his salary as well?
That hurts.

RJ8812* 07-15-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 69229517)
Wow! Devils got screwed royally....Kovi leaving the NHL and team, they lost their #1 pick for 2014 for Kovi's trade and lost Parise because they couldn't fit both salaries on the team
Now Jersey has to scramble to find some offensive talent like Kovi...GL.
Do the Devils still have to pay Kovi part of his salary as well?
That hurts.

no, but he still carries a $250k cap hit for the duration of his contract

StoneHands 07-15-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 69104755)
we'll never make a significant trade with a division rival

With the realignment, that removes a quarter of the teams in the NHL. I don't think we'll see any major trades within the division but it really limits your trading partners if we don't consider trades to the teams we don't see as a threat now that we just added 3 more teams to our division.

FlyersFanz 07-15-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 69230291)
no, but he still carries a $250k cap hit for the duration of his contract

I was curious because they said if Pronger retired from the Flyers his salary would still count against the cap. That's why the Flyers still go with LTIR rather than retirement. Why doesn't this happen with Kovi as well?

BernieParent 07-15-2013 12:59 PM

I don't at all mind trading with any of the other 29 teams, provided that the Flyers improve as a team in both the short and long term. As well, against a division rival, if a significant injury can be subtlely introduced in such a way that it wouldn't be traceable back to the Flyer organization, that's a bonus. :)

"The Pittsburgh Penguins announce that defenseman Brayden Coburn, whom they obtained for prospect Derrick Pouliot and a 2nd round pick in 2014, will miss the remainder of the season after a baffling development of smallpox."

StevensCakeBakerBacker 07-15-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 69232833)
I was curious because they said if Pronger retired from the Flyers his salary would still count against the cap. That's why the Flyers still go with LTIR rather than retirement. Why doesn't this happen with Kovi as well?

Because Kovys contract isn't a 35+ contract.

StevensCakeBakerBacker 07-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 69098043)
I doubt they would now. I don't think a rebuild is out of the question for now. Henrique & Larsson would be the likely guys to build around.

Yea, until they both leave via FA or retire.

PALE PWNR 07-15-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 69232833)
I was curious because they said if Pronger retired from the Flyers his salary would still count against the cap. That's why the Flyers still go with LTIR rather than retirement. Why doesn't this happen with Kovi as well?

They won't have to pay him but his salary will count against the cap because he is a 35+ contract.

Unstable 07-15-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 69232859)
I don't at all mind trading with any of the other 29 teams, provided that the Flyers improve as a team in both the short and long term. As well, against a division rival, if a significant injury can be subtlely introduced in such a way that it wouldn't be traceable back to the Flyer organization, that's a bonus. :)

"The Pittsburgh Penguins announce that defenseman Brayden Coburn, whom they obtained for prospect Derrick Pouliot and a 2nd round pick in 2014, will miss the remainder of the season after a baffling development of smallpox."

Yikes. Maybe we should "help" him "accidentally" acquire a disease that, you know, won't cause a worldwide health crisis.

Otherwise, good plan!

BernieParent 07-15-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unstable (Post 69233537)
Yikes. Maybe we should "help" him "accidentally" acquire a disease that, you know, won't cause a worldwide health crisis.

Otherwise, good plan!

Fine, Mr. Bleeding Heart. Maybe a nice intestinal parasitic infestation he could share with the rest of the locker room.

StoneHands 07-15-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 69232833)
I was curious because they said if Pronger retired from the Flyers his salary would still count against the cap. That's why the Flyers still go with LTIR rather than retirement. Why doesn't this happen with Kovi as well?

It would difficult to explain why a player listed on the Long Term Injured Reserve is playing professional hockey in another country.

JackStraw 07-15-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneHands (Post 69236709)
It would difficult to explain why a player listed on the Long Term Injured Reserve is playing professional hockey in another country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...yIHgM1xY#t=88s

JDinkalage Morgoone 07-15-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 69104755)
we'll never make a significant trade with a division rival

Umm... hello? Kris Newbury? Gonna take the Phantoms from worst to first!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.