HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Prospect Info: Andre Burakovsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1467643)

EON 07-11-2013 07:41 PM

Andre Burakovsky
 
Erie Otters fan here, wondering what you guys think of Andre Burakovsky. How has he looked in development camp? And what are your guys opinions of where he plays next season? Obviously I want to see him in Erie but I understand the positives and negatives of both coming to the CHL or staying in Sweden. Thanks.

Hivemind 07-12-2013 12:21 AM

I just want to see McDavid and Burakovsky together.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 07-12-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 69115147)
I just want to see McDavid and Burakovsky together.

2015-16 Washington Capitals!

IafrateOvie34 07-12-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 69115147)
I just want to see McDavid and Burakovsky together.

I might make a few road trips just to see.

Jasper17 07-12-2013 09:37 AM

He is a top 10 talent that needs to learn how to play the game. If he was more NHL ready he would have gone much higher. But I think just about everyone would agree that he needs 2 or 3 years of development before he can challenge for an NHL roster spot.

I am thinking 2 years of JR's and a year in the AHL would be best for him. Best case scenario is if he finds himselft a SEL team and does well there he may be ready in 2 years. But 3 years is a safe bet I think.

Mike Ross 07-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 (Post 69119289)
I might make a few road trips just to see.

Oh, you won't need to make any roadtrips, as he's not going to play in Erie Otters or OHL, but instead USHL and most likely Sioux Falls.

(Source: http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/july/burra-...-istallet.html)

I can't wrap my head around the fact that he doesn't wanna tear OHL up together with Mcdavid..

EON 07-14-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Ross (Post 69171775)
Oh, you won't need to make any roadtrips, as he's not going to play in Erie Otters or OHL, but instead USHL and most likely Sioux Falls.

(Source: http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/july/burra-...-istallet.html)

I can't wrap my head around the fact that he doesn't wanna tear OHL up together with Mcdavid..

No way he plays in the USHL. It's a good league but it is not nearly as talented as the OHL. It would make zero sense to go play there. If he reports to Erie they are going to be a good team, so I'm not sure why he is so "supposedly" high on going to a team that is good.

Mike Ross 07-14-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erieottersnews (Post 69196431)
No way he plays in the USHL. It's a good league but it is not nearly as talented as the OHL. It would make zero sense to go play there. If he reports to Erie they are going to be a good team, so I'm not sure why he is so "supposedly" high on going to a team that is good.

You'd be surprised how much of a saying Andrés father has in what team he'll join..

Millhaus 07-14-2013 09:11 PM

When was the last time a European player who didn't have designs on NCAA hockey came over to play in the USHL? I'm not saying it hasn't happened but I can't think of anyone...

Raikkonen 07-14-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Ross (Post 69204943)
You'd be surprised how much of a saying Andrés father has in what team he'll join..

I knew from the start he's just swedish Kabanov. Called it in my blog a week ago.

I hope he will become a player still.

Langway 07-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millhaus (Post 69212065)
When was the last time a European player who didn't have designs on NCAA hockey came over to play in the USHL? I'm not saying it hasn't happened but I can't think of anyone...

The article mentioned Rasmus Bengtsson. That's the only instance that comes to mind of a European player that was drafted by an NHL team who then came over to play in the USHL. (Also of note: Florida chose not to sign Bengtsson...) Galiev came over to play in the USHL at 16 but that's more understandable for that age. At 18 for a player that has played against men already if he's going to come over it should be with Erie (or maybe the AHL/ECHL but he's not quite ready for that either). If his father is steering him towards a team that's more likely to place higher in the standings then he has the wrong priorities in mind. What's more important at this stage for him is ice-time and good coaching. Erie may play a lot of high scoring games next year but he'll be right in the thick of it.

EON 07-15-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 69213883)
The article mentioned Rasmus Bengtsson. That's the only instance that comes to mind of a European player that was drafted by an NHL team who then came over to play in the USHL. (Also of note: Florida chose not to sign Bengtsson...) Galiev came over to play in the USHL at 16 but that's more understandable for that age. At 18 for a player that has played against men already if he's going to come over it should be with Erie (or maybe the AHL/ECHL but he's not quite ready for that either). If his father is steering him towards a team that's more likely to place higher in the standings then he has the wrong priorities in mind. What's more important at this stage for him is ice-time and good coaching. Erie may play a lot of high scoring games next year but he'll be right in the thick of it.

My thoughts exactly. If he decides to come over to NA it would be foolish to go to the USHL just because it would be on a better team. At the age of 18, having played against men, playing in the USHL would not help at Andre at all. That league is filled with 16-18 year olds likely less talented than Andre that are there to develop then go play in the NCAA. Andre would get first line minutes with Erie alongside McDavid. Erie is holding a news conference today at 3:30 and its unknown what it is about. I'll post on here if its about Andre.

Huffman 07-15-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erieottersnews (Post 69233459)
My thoughts exactly. If he decides to come over to NA it would be foolish to go to the USHL just because it would be on a better team. At the age of 18, having played against men, playing in the USHL would not help at Andre at all. That league is filled with 16-18 year olds likely less talented than Andre that are there to develop then go play in the NCAA. Andre would get first line minutes with Erie alongside McDavid. Erie is holding a news conference today at 3:30 and its unknown what it is about. I'll post on here if its about Andre.

That's the best place for him next season, really hope he goes there. What he needs is ice time, I saw him play last season and he was playing with zero confidence. The coaches were so inconsistent with his ice time, after a good game he could be benched the next game and it went on and on like that. He is a bit weak physically and he's not great defensively, playing with guys of his age on smaller ice would be perfect for him.

Liberati0n* 07-15-2013 02:47 PM

Maybe Wilson befriending him is really a scheme to sway him towards the OHL. Hopefully it works.

EON 07-15-2013 03:37 PM

Bit of news about Burakovsky from Erie's press conference today: According to general manager Sherry Bassin, the Capitals want Andre to play in Erie. Bassin said he has made some progress with Andre, but that's all to report for now.

Huffman 07-15-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erieottersnews (Post 69236529)
Bit of news about Burakovsky from Erie's press conference today: According to general manager Sherry Bassin, the Capitals want Andre to play in Erie. Bassin said he has made some progress with Andre, but that's all to report for now.

Well, Burakovsky said he would play where the Caps wanted him to play.

Millhaus 07-15-2013 08:04 PM

He can come play on my beer league team. I'm fairly certain with him on the team we are locks for the title. It doesn't pay very well but we have a great time. Anyone know his dad's email address...?

sk84fun_dc 07-16-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erieottersnews (Post 69236529)
Bit of news about Burakovsky from Erie's press conference today: According to general manager Sherry Bassin, the Capitals want Andre to play in Erie. Bassin said he has made some progress with Andre, but that's all to report for now.

A little more on this here.

EON 07-17-2013 07:47 PM

Burakovsky interview: http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/vid...8-13/index.jsp

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 07-17-2013 07:56 PM

I really don't see any reason why he wouldn't want to play in Erie vs. USHL.

Hopefully he straightens out and makes the smart decision.

um 07-17-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 69323605)
I really don't see any reason why he wouldn't want to play in Erie vs. USHL.

Hopefully he straightens out and makes the smart decision.

i suppose the decision to stay home is still open. i wouldnt blame him for staying in malmo but i hope he goes to erie

Hivemind 07-17-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by um (Post 69324631)
i suppose the decision to stay home is still open. i wouldnt blame him for staying in malmo but i hope he goes to erie

He doesn't have to stay with Malmo if he stays in Sweden. He's open to negotiate with other teams there, which is obviously an appealing factor to any player.

SimplySensational 07-17-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by um (Post 69324631)
i suppose the decision to stay home is still open. i wouldnt blame him for staying in malmo but i hope he goes to erie

Malmo sucks.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 07-20-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 69327917)
Malmo sucks.

True , but Burakovsky sucks a little bit more. If there is a sure fire first round bust, look no further than Andre.
Watching this guy for the last 4 years, that's the impression.

fedfed 07-20-2013 10:17 AM

At this point, it looks to me like Erie vs Malmo vs Rogle vs Djurgarden. Andre said decision will likely come next week. http://www.expressen.se/kvp/sport/bu...l-eller-malmo/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.