HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Erik Condra Re-Signs [2 Years, 1.25M AAV] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1468031)

McManked 07-12-2013 12:12 PM

Erik Condra Re-Signs [2 Years, 1.25M AAV]
 
Done!

Eric Condra agreed to terms with OTT -- 2 years 1.2 / 1.3

Mods can merge, but I'd just like to say that the other discussion had a lot more talk than just Condra so IMO they should be separate (lock the other one).

robsenz 07-12-2013 12:13 PM

Fair deal for what he brings...when people were talking 2 million + I was cringing a bit.

MrG 07-12-2013 12:18 PM

Good deal. If he can find some more twine in these next 2 years or just get his current game to the next level, he'll earn himself a raise for sure.

Indrew 07-12-2013 12:19 PM

The happiest day of my life!

BonkTastic 07-12-2013 12:20 PM

Perfect deal for the Sens. Ideal term & cap hit.

ATdaisuki 07-12-2013 12:21 PM

i was just finishing up another super long post. went to preview it and it said the thread was locked. i could post it here, if thefatjesus wants to continue our discussion. i enjoy discussion like the one were were having, so i'm down to continue if you are!

Bob Kudelski 07-12-2013 12:21 PM

Good deal. The guy does everything well other than put the biscuit in the basket.

McManked 07-12-2013 12:22 PM

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2204/845.png

PoutineSp00nZ 07-12-2013 12:22 PM

will he be a ufa at the end of the deal? If so that's another name to the growing list that Murray is going to have to re-sign that summer.

Very fair price though, Im a big fan of what Condra brings to the Sens.

BonkTastic 07-12-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classless Manked (Post 69132735)

Well, I was about to go to bed.

Thanks for the sleepless night tonight, Manked.

McManked 07-12-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutineplato (Post 69132761)
will he be a ufa at the end of the deal? If so that's another name to the growing list that Murray is going to have to re-sign that summer.

Very fair price though, Im a big fan of what Condra brings to the Sens.

Yes, he will be a UFA.

I'm 99% sure (based on age)...

Powdered Toast Man 07-12-2013 12:24 PM

I guess he didn't have the stamina to make it to the hearing.

Berserker* 07-12-2013 12:24 PM

Compensation isn't bad, but the term sucks. Hopefully he gets traded at some point this season.

Sens Rule 07-12-2013 12:24 PM

Great, great signing!

Now sign Cowen and Wiercioch. Then extend Greening and Lehner (if possible). End offseason.

Spezza 2 years
Ryan 2 years
Michalek 1 year (resign if healthy)
Turris (5 years)
Conacher (1 year RFA)
MacArthur (2 years)
Greening (1 year try to resign now)
Pageau (2 years)
Condra (2 years)
Smith (4 years)
Neil (2 years)
Zibanejad (2 years)
Anderson (2 years)
Lehner (1 year RFA try to resign now)
Karlsson (6 years)
Methot (2 years)
Phillips (1 year - resign near season end if he is as good as this year)
Corvo (1 year)
Gryba (1 year)
Wiercioch sign
Cowen sign.

We are in amazing shape! Lots of depth and talent and most key guys are signed for 2 or more years.

PoutineSp00nZ 07-12-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classless Manked (Post 69132825)
Yes, he will be a UFA.

I'm 99% sure (based on age)...

So condra, spezza, ryan, anderson, macarthur, methot

Yikes

McManked 07-12-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 69132867)
Compensation isn't bad, but the term sucks. Hopefully he gets traded at some point this season.

:loony:

PoutineSp00nZ 07-12-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 69132867)
Compensation isn't bad, but the term sucks. Hopefully he gets traded at some point this season.

Why? Condra is the perfect bottom 6er and is a big reason why the Senators PK is as potent as it is.

That contract is very fair.

SensHero 07-12-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 69132867)
Compensation isn't bad, but the term sucks. Hopefully he gets traded at some point this season.

Isn't bad?? That's a great price. Solid 4th liner/1st liner on the PK. The term is the last thing we need to worry about right now. I'm sure the Sens weren't looking for anything longer than that, and Erik was probably seeking short term as well hoping to prove himself for the next contract, both sides should be very happy.

Powdered Toast Man 07-12-2013 12:27 PM

Two years is double what he should have got. :sarcasm:

dingbatz 07-12-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classless Manked (Post 69132735)

ppffft :laugh:

Edit: Happy he re-signed.

John Holmes* 07-12-2013 12:31 PM

Looks like a fair deal to me.

Berserker* 07-12-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Kudelski (Post 69132707)
Good deal. The guy does everything well other than put the biscuit in the basket.

Well that isn't true. I don't know why this misconception is still being perpetuated; Condra does a select set of things well not everything but score. He is very positionally sound, has above average hockey IQ, above average penalty killing ability, good puck possession ability as well as hustle/stamina. He doesn't hit, fight or agitate, he doesn't drive the net very well and his offensive skills are pretty bad. He is basically a filler player, he is good enough at hockey that he fills a role but his overall skill set is very replaceable.

Berserker* 07-12-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classless Manked (Post 69132919)
:loony:

All he is is an above average penalty killer. He is a dime-a-dozen player just like Regin, Winchester and Shannon. Two years is a bad contract, he is basically just taking up a roster spot that could be better filled by one of our prospects. If he lasts in Ottawa the full two years it is either due to our prospects not progressing very much or simply poor asset management.

SensHero 07-12-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 69133361)
Well that isn't true. I don't know why this misconception is still being perpetuated; Condra does a select set of things well not everything but score. He is very positionally sound, has above average hockey IQ, above average penalty killing ability, good puck possession ability as well as hustle/stamina. He doesn't hit, fight or agitate, he doesn't drive the net very well and his offensive skills are pretty bad. He is basically a filler player, he is good enough at hockey that he fills a role but his overall skill set is very replaceable.

Those 3 examples aren't a requirement to play the game, but basically all the things you mentioned that he does well....are requirements.

StefanW 07-12-2013 12:41 PM

I think this is a great contract. He probably deserves a bit more (I was expecting 1.5 per), but overall a fair deal for both sides.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.