HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Should I switch curve? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1468805)

Chanbing96 07-13-2013 08:43 PM

Should I switch curve?

I play with the hall/kopitar/NH curve now thought about switch to the iginla pattern...anyone make the switch before? Or have any advice on it?

SCBruCrew4 07-14-2013 06:38 AM

I believe the Hall/Iggy curve are very similar in depth and curve itself but the face on Iggy's is closed and Hall's is open. Unless you have trouble with making your shots rise, then it shouldn't be a big difference.

I have to ask though, why switch? What's prompting you to do so?

Chanbing96 07-14-2013 09:07 AM

Well I've always wanted a more closed curve alot of the time I shoot over the net I think mostly cuz my follow threw us to much but I thought that the iginla curve might help me with this?

bad tape job 07-14-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanbing96 (Post 69193787)
Well I've always wanted a more closed curve alot of the time I shoot over the net I think mostly cuz my follow threw us to much but I thought that the iginla curve might help me with this?

I use the iginla curve and yes it will help minimize flyaway shots quite a bit compared to the Hall pattern. You can still put it up if you need to.

Give the Iginla a try.

Fanned On It 07-14-2013 11:45 PM

I just switched to the p88 from the p92 and I think I like it more. Passes seem more accurate and I have a hell of a rising backhand with it that I didn't have on the Backstrom. I DO want to go back to the P14 ultimately, though. Stupid Bauer not having my curve when my stick broke!

Puckstop40 07-15-2013 09:14 PM

I would try adjusting your shooting technique first. Lean further forward over the shaft. If you still have trouble keeping your shots down, try the Iginla. I feel you get a lot more pop in your shot with the Hall/RNH/P92 curve and learning to control the accuracy with that curve is better than losing that power with the Iggy curve.

Jarick 07-16-2013 11:40 AM

Yeah, check out my Montreal M60 review. Went from P92 to P88.

Passing got a lot better as the closed curve kept the passes on the ice. My shots are a lot lower too. But I lost a lot of velocity because the rocker and lie are screwing me up. Stick handling is slightly worse because I miss the bigger curve near the toe.

sanityplease 07-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckstop40 (Post 69250835)
I would try adjusting your shooting technique first. Lean further forward over the shaft. If you still have trouble keeping your shots down, try the Iginla. I feel you get a lot more pop in your shot with the Hall/RNH/P92 curve and learning to control the accuracy with that curve is better than losing that power with the Iggy curve.

I would agree. I moved from the iginla to the hall, loading the shot is easier with a bigger hook, keeping your hands ahead of the blade will give you more power & keep your shot down.

Pilgore88 07-16-2013 01:46 PM

I've been using an Iggy stock since my first year junior (using two-piece), and then upgrading to the One piece Eastons every year after (rookies and 16 year old's did not get one piece sticks from the team).

The Iggy curve is really nice for both stick handling and snap shots, as the toe curve is tapered well to allow you to pull back quickly and snap a shot without giving up accuracy, as well as a quick toe drag without losing control of where you want to put it. Also helps that the backhand is fairly open, making it easy to pick up or sauce a pass, and raise the puck quickly if needed.

The Heatley curve is one you also might like to try. (It is the curve I used before the Iggy)

bad tape job 07-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Officer Farva (Post 69271863)
I've been using an Iggy stock since my first year junior (using two-piece), and then upgrading to the One piece Eastons every year after (rookies and 16 year old's did not get one piece sticks from the team).

The Iggy curve is really nice for both stick handling and snap shots, as the toe curve is tapered well to allow you to pull back quickly and snap a shot without giving up accuracy, as well as a quick toe drag without losing control of where you want to put it. Also helps that the backhand is fairly open, making it easy to pick up or sauce a pass, and raise the puck quickly if needed.

The Heatley curve is one you also might like to try. (It is the curve I used before the Iggy)

I agree. Great all-around curves that are very versatile. I have both. The main difference being the 5.5 lie for the Iginla and 5 for the Heatley.