HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Proof that Toews was injured during the playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1469179)

Captain Serious 19 07-14-2013 06:24 PM

Proof that Toews was injured during the playoffs

The speculation had been a left wrist or hand injury for Toews, and this picture directly after winning the Western Conference Finals establishes credibility for that claim. Toews was not shooting like he did during the regular season. Your bottom hand on the stick is critical in controlling the puck and shooting, and this affected Toews ability to score in the playoffs. He never made a fuss about it and that is what you expect from the best captain in the NHL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId...#photo_3015626

BronYrAur 07-14-2013 06:29 PM

This proves what exactly??

Captain Serious 19 07-14-2013 06:36 PM

His left hand is beyond swollen.

tdfxman 07-14-2013 06:41 PM

I wrote a long post on Committed Indian about 19's injury.

I was at game 5 and I have played hockey, and so does my best bud that was with me.

No way would I believe someone telling me 19 was "ok" and "just fine".

I agree with best Capt in NHL and he won't talk about it. In OT in GAme 5 after he want to the locker-room, he dropped his stick 4 times in the next 2 shifts, I watched it on tivo the next day to make sure I counted right at the game. I was off by one lol.

Anyway, yeah 19 was hurt. He had several plays a hockey player that is 100% healthy would do, and he didn't even try. He shot one where he HAD to shoot it and we both laughed saying we could shoot it harder, and we stink. Then we got sad after he proved to us he was messed up.

I saw him with ice on a wrist, as others have reported.

Doesn't matter now, but a hand problem is a major deal to a hockey player. Thanks for posting this. Great pic and explains a lot to me anyway.
Thanks again.

Hewy 07-14-2013 06:44 PM

I seem to remember CBC showing him icing/holding his wrist for a good portion of time during one or two games while on the bench

Captain Serious 19 07-14-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdfxman (Post 69207131)
I wrote a long post on Committed Indian about 19's injury.

I was at game 5 and I have played hockey, and so does my best bud that was with me.

No way would I believe someone telling me 19 was "ok" and "just fine".

I agree with best Capt in NHL and he won't talk about it. In OT in GAme 5 after he want to the locker-room, he dropped his stick 4 times in the next 2 shifts, I watched it on tivo the next day to make sure I counted right at the game. I was off by one lol.

Anyway, yeah 19 was hurt. He had several plays a hockey player that is 100% healthy would do, and he didn't even try. He shot one where he HAD to shoot it and we both laughed saying we could shoot it harder, and we stink. Then we got sad after he proved to us he was messed up.

I saw him with ice on a wrist, as others have reported.

Doesn't matter now, but a hand problem is a major deal to a hockey player. Thanks for posting this. Great pic and explains a lot to me anyway.
Thanks again.

I too was at game 5 with my brother and we thought the same thing. It is not fair for people on this website to bash Toews for his low goal total in the playoffs while he does everything in his power to help his team win. He did lead his team in assists I believe in the playoffs. Look for Toews to get 10 goals and 30 points next playoffs

tdfxman 07-14-2013 06:48 PM

They had that too, cool.

The point to me is as he ramped up his PPG in each of the last 4 years, he wasn't getting it done in this playoff. I am kinda happy he was hurt in that it explains a lot. A lot.

Can't wait for playoff's next year, if the world doesn't blow up first, and see what 19 can do healthy.

But his leadership is only building and can't get hurt. He is already at the "Messier" level and he is only in his mid 20's. Hint, there isn't any levels above that.

slappipappi 07-14-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Serious 19 (Post 69207279)
Look for Toews to get 10 goals and 30 points next playoffs

That's a lot of goals and points to get in the 16 games it will take them to win the damn thing.

slappipappi 07-14-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdfxman (Post 69207339)
They had that too, cool.

The point to me is as he ramped up his PPG in each of the last 4 years, he wasn't getting it done in this playoff. I am kinda happy he was hurt in that it explains a lot. A lot.

Can't wait for playoff's next year, if the world doesn't blow up first, and see what 19 can do healthy.

But his leadership is only building and can't get hurt. He is already at the "Messier" level and he is only in his mid 20's. Hint, there isn't any levels above that.

I believe he'll shortly reach the level above "Messier", and it will be called the "Toews level".

Crazy_Ike 07-14-2013 08:57 PM

I thought we already had video of Zetterberg getting his wrist with his stick.

Bubba88 07-15-2013 06:43 AM

it was started by Parise and Z finished it...

digdug41982 07-15-2013 12:39 PM

Definitely, a lot of us speculated wrist, especially with the quality of his draws and shooting going down quite a bit. He just kept on going and still won many key draws and scored a few key goals. Some people were born to do something and some work themselves into doing what they want to do. Toews exemplifies both at the absolute highest level, a sight to behold.

bigdinkel 07-15-2013 01:11 PM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Derrick Rose yet..lol

TorMenT 07-15-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdinkel (Post 69231197)
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Derrick Rose yet..lol

We're talking about players playing through injury, not sitting when healthy.

Hawkman 07-15-2013 02:12 PM

When a Midwestern team beats an East Coast team, it's always because the Midwestern team was 100% healthy and the East Coast team was 100% injured. Read any MB Forum besides this one. Don't you guys know how sports works? :sarcasm: ;)

Bubba88 07-15-2013 02:47 PM

East coast is never healthy and is still doing this good

tdfxman 07-15-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 69229957)
Definitely, a lot of us speculated wrist, especially with the quality of his draws and shooting going down quite a bit. He just kept on going and still won many key draws and scored a few key goals. Some people were born to do something and some work themselves into doing what they want to do. Toews exemplifies both at the absolute highest level, a sight to behold.

If they had it where we could recommend posts etc, this would be mine. Great post.

No Fun Shogun 07-15-2013 10:26 PM

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't injured. Freaking everybody's nursing an injury that would sideline an NBA player by the time the SCF starts.

arsenalgooner 07-15-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slappipappi (Post 69210835)
That's a lot of goals and points to get in the 16 games it will take them to win the damn thing.

I like where your head is at- four straight sweeps to win the cup! I have a feeling that Toews could get 30pts if they pulled that off!!

:)

Ha!

TMLrule* 07-15-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69251217)
I'd be more surprised if he wasn't injured. Freaking everybody's nursing an injury that would sideline an NBA player by the time the SCF starts.

The most ignorant post ive seen in a long time. Learn your facts man.

SchruteFarms 07-15-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slappipappi (Post 69210835)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhan8unwmu1qzbl7f.gif

Sleight Of Hand 07-15-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLrule (Post 69252959)

It's called a joke. Relax Francis.

But.....it is probably true.......

ChiGuySez 07-16-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLrule (Post 69252959)

Since May? amiright.

Gootie 07-16-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69251217)

I found it hilarious when Udonis Haslem let the media know after the nba finals that he played with a torn meniscus...BFD.

Hammerheart 07-16-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Serious 19 (Post 69206613)
from the best captain in the NHL.