HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NHL Gamecenter question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1472225)

Devils Trap 07-19-2013 04:01 PM

NHL Gamecenter question
 
I need to buy NHL Gamecenter to watch Devils games this upcomming season.

Im on the website
https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

It says it isnt available for the 2012-2013 season, obviously. But when can I register for it for the 2013-2014 season ?

SeidoN 07-19-2013 04:06 PM

probably within 1-2 weeks of season starting.

Devils Trap 07-19-2013 04:06 PM

kk thanks. Was wondering.

SeidoN 07-19-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69397635)
kk thanks. Was wondering.

the autorenewal is apparently October 1st. ill probabaly be cancelling cause I cant afford it this year, unless I can convince my brother to split a subscription lol

Devils Trap 07-19-2013 04:09 PM

Yea got college coming up but I got the money to pay for it soo why not. Would rather be guaranteed I got every game then look for a stream

Richer's Ghost 07-19-2013 04:29 PM

the first week is always a free trial - so even if you don't buy it you should be able to watch the first couple of games.

Nick0930 07-19-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69397775)
Yea got college coming up but I got the money to pay for it soo why not. Would rather be guaranteed I got every game then look for a stream

Except you won't be guaranteed every game. There were so many blackouts last season. I think 4 games in a row at one point.

chessarmy 07-19-2013 04:46 PM

Midway through last season they got the Xbox app for Gamecenter working wonderfully, I wonder if it will still be available on the 360 this year

Devils Trap 07-19-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick0930 (Post 69399067)
Except you won't be guaranteed every game. There were so many blackouts last season. I think 4 games in a row at one point.

Well atleast for most games it is

SeidoN 07-19-2013 05:45 PM

I watch games that arent blacked on my xbox. games that are blacked I watch on my PC with a VPN lol

njdevilfan2005 07-19-2013 07:07 PM

I get an email from gamecenter about 2 weeks before the season starts indicating that they are going to autorenew my subscription. Then they offer a free preview to get more people to purchase the product. This will my 4th year with gamecenter.

guitarguyvic 07-19-2013 07:53 PM

How do the blackouts work? I read on the website that all local broadcasts are blacked out, so that pretty much means all the games on MSG would not be available right? Is there a way around this?

Edit: I live in NJ.

Devils Trap 07-19-2013 07:55 PM

If you get on your TV whatever covers the game, it will be blacked out on Gamecenter

I think, not positive lol

SeidoN 07-19-2013 08:00 PM

in the UK we used to get every game no blackouts. the Premier Sports, the worst sports channel on the planet, claimed the rights to 15 games per week, plus all special events and the playoffs. but theres still no restrictions in Germany, so VPN it is :D

jkrdevil 07-19-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69405071)
If you get on your TV whatever covers the game, it will be blacked out on Gamecenter

I think, not positive lol

Pretty much.

All national games (nbc, nbcsn and nhl network) are blacked out on game center. Though NBC themselves stream all of their telecast (you have to verify your cable subscription though).

If you live in NJ/NY and get games on MSG those local telecast are blackedout as well. It is a out of market game subscription.

donlumpa 07-19-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 69397687)
the autorenewal is apparently October 1st. ill probabaly be cancelling cause I cant afford it this year, unless I can convince my brother to split a subscription lol

Dont split! My bro and I tried it and it doesnt allow two people to log on same account at once!

donlumpa 07-19-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69405071)
If you get on your TV whatever covers the game, it will be blacked out on Gamecenter

I think, not positive lol

Exactly! if you live in NY/NJ you wont get any of Islanders, Devils, or Rangers...possibility Flyers if you live Central Jerz

SeidoN 07-20-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donlumpa (Post 69408355)
Dont split! My bro and I tried it and it doesnt allow two people to log on same account at once!

lol I know. I watch Devils games live and my brother watches Pens games the day after. with me not being able to watch live any more, splitting will require alot of scheduling haha

TnT25 07-20-2013 04:22 AM

Watched the entire past season on my Xbox 360 and iPad. Really enjoyed, awesome quality.I'm going to subscribe the GCL again for the upcoming season

scott99 07-21-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donlumpa (Post 69408391)
Exactly! if you live in NY/NJ you wont get any of Islanders, Devils, or Rangers...possibility Flyers if you live Central Jerz

They also seem to block out Buffalo games too in NY. It's a great service, I watched a ton of games on my Roku, Nexus 7 and my iPhone. It's really great. BUT, I'm not renewing since it costs $150+. The $50 for this past season was fine since it was half a season. For my personal needs, living in NY, I will get plenty of games, I'm and Islander's fan, so I get all of their games, the Devils are my second favorite team, so I get to see their whole season, and there are plenty of games on NBC Sports, the NHL Network, and of course NBC later in the season. I will miss NHL Gamecenter though.

Devils Trap 07-22-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 69462027)
They also seem to block out Buffalo games too in NY. It's a great service, I watched a ton of games on my Roku, Nexus 7 and my iPhone. It's really great. BUT, I'm not renewing since it costs $150+. The $50 for this past season was fine since it was half a season. For my personal needs, living in NY, I will get plenty of games, I'm and Islander's fan, so I get all of their games, the Devils are my second favorite team, so I get to see their whole season, and there are plenty of games on NBC Sports, the NHL Network, and of course NBC later in the season. I will miss NHL Gamecenter though.

Do you know the exact price ??? I didnt see it

SeidoN 07-22-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69482557)
Do you know the exact price ??? I didnt see it

its 180 dollars. I didnt get an email for some reason, but people were talking about it on the mainboard

donlumpa 07-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 69489927)
its 180 dollars. I didnt get an email for some reason, but people were talking about it on the mainboard

I hope to god your wrong, that's ridiculous price!

I thought it was 149.99$/yr - 29.99$/month

AZNDevil 07-22-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 69397775)
Yea got college coming up but I got the money to pay for it soo why not. Would rather be guaranteed I got every game then look for a stream

You still WVU bound?

SeidoN 07-22-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donlumpa (Post 69490345)
I hope to god your wrong, that's ridiculous price!

I thought it was 149.99$/yr - 29.99$/month

you think thats bad, convert it to pounds sterling. we get raked over the coals

but yeah there was a mainboard thread where the OP said he got an email and it was 180 bucks. other people said they also got emails but noone said his price was wrong.

now that I think about it, maybe it was canadian dollars? :dunno:

EDIT:

ok I wasnt spot on in my recollection, but look for yourself
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1468049


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.