HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #21 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1472853)

Beacon 07-21-2013 12:13 AM

Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #21
 
Josh Nicholls easily won this round. Mackenzie Skapski is the second goalie in a row to be added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast


SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix


PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Sam Noreau
15. D Conor Allen


SUSPECTS

16. LW Anthony Duclair
17. D Calle Andersson
18. LW Adam Tambellini
19. C Steven Fogarty
20. RW Josh Nicholls


Josh Nicholls
Right Wing
Born Apr 27 1992 -- Tsawwassen, BC
Height 6.02 -- Weight 186 -- Shoots R

2012-13 Saskatoon Blades WHL 71 47-38-85 43PIM

http://46wvda23y0nl13db2j3bl1yxxln.w...0/3641896.jpeg

Beacon 07-21-2013 12:15 AM

Prospects eligible for addition:

Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)


We will be doing our top-25 prospects. The next 5 will be classified as Long Shots and the ones who'll make it into the poll, but won't get ranked will be Honorable Mentions.

Beacon 07-21-2013 12:15 AM

Again going with Ryan Bourque. He's very fast and very hard-working, and is a great member of the Wolf Pack. He will be an instant fan favorite the day he makes the Rangers.

Add Hughes for the next round.

Jarkko Immonen 07-21-2013 02:02 AM

I've voted for Ryan Bourque the last four or five rounds. Seriously underrated by this board because they don't see him play and only see his point production. But this year with the Wolf Pack will be a big year for him...he needs to double his goal/points totals IMO.

Net Front Presence 07-21-2013 02:42 AM

Spelling.

Add Stajcer.

Beacon 07-21-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 69441541)
I've voted for Ryan Bourque the last four or five rounds. Seriously underrated by this board because they don't see him play and only see his point production. But this year with the Wolf Pack will be a big year for him...he needs to double his goal/points totals IMO.


We seem to agree on a lot of these Hartford boys. Bourque got a bad rep, but he's a nice player.

I hope he can be a 20-20 player in Hartford this year, but it depends on how much ice time he'll be getting. Let's see if Hrivik makes the NHL. But I do hope Bourque will be ahead of Mashinter in the lineup, though he'll likely be behind Yogan.

richardsequalscup* 07-21-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 69439675)
Again going with Ryan Bourque. He's very fast and very hard-working, and is a great member of the Wolf Pack. He will be an instant fan favorite the day he makes the Rangers.

Add Hughes for the next round.


Ryan Bourque will never make the Rangers or the NHL. He doesn't have NHL talent or size.

BrooklynRangersFan 07-21-2013 08:31 AM

Graves, add Hughes.

Rangers_23 07-21-2013 08:51 AM

Spelling. Next two are Skapski and then Jean. Add Graves I guess, how long are we doing this? 25?

eyjee 07-21-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 69441541)
I've voted for Ryan Bourque the last four or five rounds. Seriously underrated by this board because they don't see him play and only see his point production. But this year with the Wolf Pack will be a big year for him...he needs to double his goal/points totals IMO.

People don't vote for him because they're afraid of his size and concussion problems.

That being said, I agree with you. I too think he's underrated around here.

Galvatron 07-21-2013 10:15 AM

Spelling, add Hughes

bmoak 07-21-2013 10:20 AM

Borque. Add Graves.

kovazub94 07-21-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak (Post 69445167)
Borque. Add Graves.

Same.

Messed up. Add Hughes.

Kwayry 07-21-2013 11:18 AM

Bourque and the rest is guess work.

Kwayry 07-21-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setkreiderfree (Post 69443683)
Ryan Bourque will never make the Rangers or the NHL. He doesn't have NHL talent or size.

We are talking about the 20th or 21st ranked prospect, not whether he'd make the NHL.
And I disagree, he may not have the size, but he has the talent and the heart.

Beacon 07-21-2013 11:56 AM

Three people want me to add Graves. Since Ryan is already there, are we talking about Adam Graves?

broadwayblue 07-21-2013 12:18 PM

Haven't followed him much...has Bourque been able to stay healthy?

Antithesis 07-21-2013 03:24 PM

We won't know much about Spelling until this season starts.

I heard he played well for Denmark's national team, that's about it.

Beacon 07-21-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 69452585)
We won't know much about Spelling until this season starts.

I heard he played well for Denmark's national team, that's about it.

He didn't play for their national team, he played for their Junior team, and they didn't play in the main tournament, but in the second tier with the following teams: Austria, Belarus, Denmark, France, Norway and Slovenia. Not exactly the cream of the crop. No Canadians, no Americans, no Russians, no Swedes, no Finns, no Czechs, no Slovaks. He got 8 points in 5 games, which isn't bad, but nothing to write home considering the competition.

Cynical TyranT 07-21-2013 06:50 PM

Bourque. Add whoever, ha

nyr2k2 07-21-2013 08:40 PM

Bourque is already as relatively useful AHL player. That's probably more than Spelling ever becomes. However, I feel like Bourque, at this point, is what he is, while Spelling may have some more upside. This late in the ranks, I'll go on upside.

Add Hughes.

vipernsx 07-22-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 69439675)
Again going with Ryan Bourque. He's very fast and very hard-working, and is a great member of the Wolf Pack. He will be an instant fan favorite the day he makes the Rangers.

Hard to play a physical game when you're undersized and battle concussions. I really like the kid, though I just hope he doesn't spend too long pursuing hockey to the point it jeopardizes his long term quality of life. Life long PCS isn't worth it.

darko 07-22-2013 02:12 AM

Graves.

NYR Viper 07-22-2013 10:51 AM

Jean, add Kantor


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.