HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which young D to draft in my fantasy rookie draft? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14730)

ProGTR 09-27-2003 08:30 AM

Which young D to draft in my fantasy rookie draft?
 
Carlos and krajeck are going 1,2

So of these that will be left which have the greatest potential for point production.

Eminger
Coburn
Suter
Homquist in Tampa


Anyone else you think I should add to my list?

Biscuit Bullet 09-27-2003 08:49 AM

I'm going to sound like a homer for saying Eminger, but I think he has the best offensive potential. Maybe Suter...Coburn probably has the best overall potential.

#37-#93-#27* 09-27-2003 09:10 AM

Suter easily and ahead of Carlo and Krajicek.


Suter
Eminger
Carlo
Krajicek
Coburn

Biscuit Bullet 09-27-2003 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Suter easily and ahead of Carlo and Krajicek.


Suter
Eminger
Carlo
Krajicek
Coburn

Remember, this is in terms of offensive production. Krajicek is by far the most offensively talented of the bunch, followed by Colaicovo, Eminger, Suter and finally Coburn IMO.

#37-#93-#27* 09-27-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai
Remember, this is in terms of offensive production. Krajicek is by far the most offensively talented of the bunch, followed by Colaicovo, Eminger, Suter and finally Coburn IMO.

In your opinion, not mine.

Suter and Eminger
-
Colaicovo and Krajicek
-
-
Coburn

4:20 09-27-2003 11:03 AM

I haven't seen these guys play many times, but I have read pretty much everything I could get ahold of about them for the last couple of years...

I would say:
1) Krajicek
2) Colaiacovo
3) Eminger
4) Suter
5) Coburn

In terms of potential I think these guys a pretty equal. Who know which one will have the best NHL career. All 5 guys are very highly thought of prospects, but Krajicek and Colaiacovo are highly thought of specifically because of their offensive abilities which puts them at the top of the list. I put Eminger ahead of Suter and Coburn because I think that a highly thought of 20 year old prospect is more valuable, rarer, and a safer pick than a a highly thought of 18 year old.

Histrion 09-27-2003 11:20 AM

The safest pick would be Steve Eminger even though, Suter has more potential, IMO. It's a toss up between these two for me. It depends upon your need, if you can wait, take Suter, if you need it soon; Eminger. That's the way I see it...

#37-#93-#27* 09-27-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4:20
I haven't seen these guys play many times, but I have read pretty much everything I could get ahold of about them for the last couple of years...

I would say:
1) Krajicek
2) Colaiacovo
3) Eminger
4) Suter
5) Coburn

In terms of potential I think these guys a pretty equal. Who know which one will have the best NHL career. All 5 guys are very highly thought of prospects, but Krajicek and Colaiacovo are highly thought of specifically because of their offensive abilities which puts them at the top of the list. I put Eminger ahead of Suter and Coburn because I think that a highly thought of 20 year old prospect is more valuable, rarer, and a safer pick than a a highly thought of 18 year old.

Colaiacovo is overrated by the many, many Leaf fans on this board.

Boomhower 09-27-2003 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProGTR

Anyone else you think I should add to my list?

Pitkonen.

Waveburner 09-27-2003 12:40 PM

Of those three, definitely Eminger.

Feenom 09-27-2003 12:55 PM

Krajicek and Carlo are 1 and 2 simply because they are NHL ready and will contribute immediately to their teams. But the question is who to pick after those are gone: easily Ryan Suter. Scouts are saying he could be playing in the NHL by next year. If they play of course.

Aaron Vickers 09-27-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Colaiacovo is overrated by the many, many Leaf fans on this board.

And underrated by the rest.

4:20 09-27-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Colaiacovo is overrated by the many, many Leaf fans on this board.

I don't know if this comment is directed at me or not, but just to clairfy... I am not a leaf fan nor am I an unduly influenced by the leafs fans on this board or the fans of any other team.

My high ranking of Colaiacovo is based firstly on the fact that the poster is looking for point-production. Everything I have read (from Newspaper and Internet Articles, to The Hockey News' Future Watch, to Hockeys Future's top 50, to McKeen's profiles, etc...) has spoken highly of all 5 of the defensemen that I mentioned. But all of these sources have described Colaiacovo and Krajicek as offense-first defensemen, and the others (Eminger, Suter, Coburn) more as two-way defensemen. If all these young guys all develop right than it only stands to reason that the offensive specialists will get the most points in the NHL. Beyond the scouting reports there are also Junior statistics, WJC Statistics, and last-year's pre-season statistics to suggest that Colaiacovo has alot of offensive ability.

My other reason for ranking Kraijicek, Colaiacovo, and Eminger ahead of Suter and Coburn (who I agree have as much potential) is because they have had a couple of years since they were drafted to show what kind of players they are going to be. There is no way to know if Suter and Coburn are going to flop in the next two years, develop nicely like Krajicek, Colaiocovo, and Eminger have done, or storm the NHL and blow the other guys on the list away. I think to hope for anything more than steady solid development is wishful thinking (although possible).

So having laid out my reasons for ranking Colaiacovo ahead of Suter, I would like to ask you #37-#93-#27, why you say that Suter is "easily" the best.

Thanks for reading :)

#37-#93-#27* 09-27-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4:20
I don't know if this comment is directed at me or not, but just to clairfy... I am not a leaf fan nor am I an unduly influenced by the leafs fans on this board or the fans of any other team.

My high ranking of Colaiacovo is based firstly on the fact that the poster is looking for point-production. Everything I have read (from Newspaper and Internet Articles, to The Hockey News' Future Watch, to Hockeys Future's top 50, to McKeen's profiles, etc...) has spoken highly of all 5 of the defensemen that I mentioned. But all of these sources have described Colaiacovo and Krajicek as offense-first defensemen, and the others (Eminger, Suter, Coburn) more as two-way defensemen. If all these young guys all develop right than it only stands to reason that the offensive specialists will get the most points in the NHL. Beyond the scouting reports there are also Junior statistics, WJC Statistics, and last-year's pre-season statistics to suggest that Colaiacovo has alot of offensive ability.

My other reason for ranking Kraijicek, Colaiacovo, and Eminger ahead of Suter and Coburn (who I agree have as much potential) is because they have had a couple of years since they were drafted to show what kind of players they are going to be. There is no way to know if Suter and Coburn are going to flop in the next two years, develop nicely like Krajicek, Colaiocovo, and Eminger have done, or storm the NHL and blow the other guys on the list away. I think to hope for anything more than steady solid development is wishful thinking (although possible).

So having laid out my reasons for ranking Colaiacovo ahead of Suter, I would like to ask you #37-#93-#27, why you say that Suter is "easily" the best.

Thanks for reading :)

It wasn't directed to you. You said you got most of your basis from here and there's a lot of overrating done by leaf fans here. I just wanted to clear that up.

Because Suter has the highest potential in my opinion. He isn't easily the best but I think he'll have the better career.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.