HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Olympics & The Pens (Brought to You By the Pontiac Beaunerville) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1473287)

Dirkph 07-21-2013 10:09 PM

The Olympics & The Pens (Brought to You By the Pontiac Beaunerville)

So Crosby is a mortal lock. How about Letang?

I keep hearing mixed reviews on last year's performance... what gives? Will he make it or is he going to be this Olympic's Mike Green?

The way I see it...

Keith - Seabrook
Subban? - Weber

...Are all relatively a lock.

Then it gets blown wide open. Letang? Doughty? Pietrangelo? Even Marc Staal and Dan Boyle...

Ogrezilla 07-21-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirkph (Post 69466919)

I keep hearing mixed reviews on last year's performance... what gives? Will he make it or is he going to be this Olympic's Mike Green?

The way I see it...

Keith - Seabrook
Subban? - Weber

Then it gets blown wide open. Letang? Doughty? Pietrangelo? Even Marc Staal and Dan Boyle...

a combination of 8 of those 9 seems right to me. Any other Pen making it seems unlikely. Neal has a shot I guess

FDBluth 07-21-2013 10:17 PM

Neal's not making it.

Ogrezilla 07-21-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 69467179)
Neal's not making it.

I wouldn't think, but he's the next best guess from our team.

Jacob 07-21-2013 10:29 PM

I could see Neal making it.

bambamcam4ever 07-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

The way I see it...

Keith - Seabrook
Subban? - Weber

Seabrook was the 7th defenseman last olympics and only played a couple minutes a game. I'm not sure why he's a lock.

MonsterSurge 07-21-2013 11:19 PM

Craig Adams will be on Team USA.

Hottubber 07-21-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 69467545)
I could see Neal making it.

If Neal has a strong start to the season he is a definite possibility.

Shockmaster 07-21-2013 11:46 PM

Anyone want to try and guess Team Canada's lineup? Canada has so many talented centers that some of them will likely have to play wing.

mpp9 07-22-2013 12:02 AM

Stamkos, MSL, Perry, Eberle. Neal and Stewart may have outside shots at cracking the roster on RW.

I'd go Sid/Giroux/Getzlaf/Bergeron down the middle.

terex 07-22-2013 12:25 AM

I don't see any reason why Eberle should have an edge over Neal. I also think that Giroux is more likely to slide to wing than Stamkos. Those are all pretty good guesses, though.

mpp9 07-22-2013 12:44 AM

I'd like to see Hall with Sid. Those two motoring up ice and along the boards would be something else. Stamkos on the other wing. Best finisher in the game should be with the best playmaker in the game, at least to start.

Big McLargehuge 07-22-2013 03:10 AM

Letang is going to have to have a good first half of the season, apparently, because everyone now thinks he's An_y _elmore in his own end thanks to these playoffs. How he's not a lock for that team is just...stupid.

PensFanSince1989 07-22-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 69469933)
Stamkos, MSL, Perry, Eberle. Neal and Stewart may have outside shots at cracking the roster on RW.

I'd go Sid/Giroux/Getzlaf/Bergeron down the middle.

Yeah, you're kind of missing the player that was voted best forward of last Olympics. Toews will be on the team and as a center.

Crosby / Stamkos / Toews / Bergeron down the middle

Pick87your71Poison 07-22-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 69472491)
Letang is going to have to have a good first half of the season, apparently, because everyone now thinks he's An_y _elmore in his own end thanks to these playoffs. How he's not a lock for that team is just...stupid.

Agreed, it's insane to think that a Marc Staal or Dan Boyle at this point should make it before Tang.

Tang, Weber, Doughty, Subban, Keith, Seabrook, Pietrangelo should be the 7

PensBandwagonerNo272* 07-22-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

The way I see it...

Keith - Seabrook
Subban? - Weber

Seabrook's not a lock. Only D locks are Keith, Weber, Subban, Doughty.

Guys like Letang, Seabrook, Pietrangelo, Hamhuis, Staal are guys that will fight for a spot.

Letang will have to have a really good start to the season in terms of producing points + proving his defensive worth to make Team Canada. Hockey Canada wants (and aims to develop) players that are willing and can do it all, and thus do not favor strictly offensive defensemen.

James Neal will not be on Team Canada.

wej20 07-22-2013 08:00 AM

Crosby, Letang, Neal, Kunitz and Fleury will be invited to the camp, I wouldn't be shocked if Dupuis gets one.

Ogrezilla 07-22-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 69474267)
Crosby, Letang, Neal, Kunitz and Fleury will be invited to the camp, I wouldn't be shocked if Dupuis gets one.

the ultimate test to see if Crosby is the one demanding to play with him

PensBandwagonerNo272* 07-22-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 69474267)

Kunitz and Dupuis 100% won't. :laugh:

Fleury might not. Neal might not. Neither will make the team, regardless.

wej20 07-22-2013 08:17 AM

I'd be shocked if Kunitz didn't get one considering he just finished as a 1st All star.

Tasty Biscuits 07-22-2013 08:18 AM

Letang will probably make it -- big ice is in his favor as well.

Anderson55 07-22-2013 08:24 AM

Letang is a lock for the team, Neil will get an invite. I think guys like Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux, E Staal will be playing wing, while Crosby, Getzlaf, Toews Bergeron will be the primary centers.

Stamkos Crosby Tavares
Staal Getzlaf Perry
Nash Toews Giroux
Bergeron, then it gets tricky

Speeza
Couture
J Staal
Mike Richards
Jeff Carter
Simmonds
Benn
Hall
Neil
Ladd
etc

all will be considered

Le Magnifique 66 07-22-2013 08:27 AM

All depends on how Team Canada slots these guys, they won't have a pairing of Subban and Letang that's for sure. I think they will end up going with one of them. Depends who impresses more at camp and who has a better start to the year

I don't think any forwards other than Crosby make it for TC

dannyj10 07-22-2013 08:34 AM

Could you imagine a line of

Stamkos/Sid/JT

dear god thats sick

Le Magnifique 66 07-22-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyj10 (Post 69475079)
Could you imagine a line of

Stamkos/Sid/JT

dear god thats sick

It's possible as DB will not be near that TC team :laugh: