HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Leafs sign KLEE www.tsn.ca (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14740)

mr_venezuela 09-27-2003 09:15 AM

Leafs sign KLEE www.tsn.ca

www.tsn.ca

Good, let the young guys develop..he's proven....we still need a stud though but decent... a 1yr deal supposedly

Epoch 09-27-2003 09:16 AM

oh man...but in the long run it's a good idea.

Transplanted Caper 09-27-2003 09:18 AM

Wow...Great Pickup, we needed halp on D and this gives ther young kids a chance to develop :handclap: :yo: :bow:

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
Wow...Great Pickup, we needed halp on D and this gives ther young kids a chance to develop :handclap: :yo: :bow:

Not a bad pickup at all even if it's only for one season...HOWEVER; I hope Fergie doesn't stop there.....I'd still like to see the Leafs pickup someone better than Klee for our blueline.

Johnny 09-27-2003 09:23 AM

Klee should be a solid addition.

Nice surprise, as I did not see this coming.

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:23 AM

So far so good for Fergie.......He's gotten us Nieuwendyk and Klee.....I have a sneaky hunch that he's not finsihed just yet.

Mizral 09-27-2003 09:28 AM

Fantastic signing. Klee is a good guy, although slightly dirty, but oh well, he's good anyways!

Nobody will like to play the Leafs this season.

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Fantastic signing. Klee is a good guy, although slightly dirty, but oh well, he's good anyways!

Nobody will like to play the Leafs this season.

Yep.........I wonder whose the next addition to our club?

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w17glen
nice pick-up i think the only young d-man that had a shot this year was KONDRETIEV. watch for a trade to take place for another scoring forward . BUT DO NOT TRADE DOMI OR TUCKER

Another scoring forward?............who do you think we should go after next w17glen?

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

hmm nothing i've heard except their looking to trade a forward and a young d-man for a scorer. :dunno:

Wow........interesting........I wonder who that might be?

Mack 09-27-2003 09:50 AM

I hope Carlo is your 5th or 6th.

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

well my 6 d-man would be mccabe,kaberle marchment,klee,jackman and bryan berard lol NOT AKI BERG :mad: as for carlo i think 1 more year for the young guns but don't hesitate calling them up if injured :yo:

Berard?.......hmmmm

Mack 09-27-2003 10:03 AM

Id have it like this:

Klee - Kaberle
McCabe - Coliacavo
Marchment- Berg/Belak/Jackman

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
Id have it like this:

Klee - Kaberle
McCabe - Coliacavo
Marchment- Berg/Belak/Jackman

You'd put Klee ahead of McCabe?....hmmmm

RiellyGood 09-27-2003 10:22 AM

out of the blue they sign Klee.
This gives me an eery feelin McCabe's injury is more serious then we first thought

IWD 09-27-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_00

Defense pairings are not the same as the depth charts. Renberg plays on the top line fairly often, but isn't a top three forward on this team at all.

IWD 09-27-2003 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberFan
out of the blue they sign Klee.
This gives me an eery feelin McCabe's injury is more serious then we first thought

I don't know about that. Reports say they've been trying to sign Klee for a while but he was unwilling to sign a deal for under 2 years since he didn't want to uproot his family.

Besides, McCabe's supposedly right on schedule. At least, according to what they were saying on LeafsTV a few days ago. Who knows if something has happened, but I wouldn't look much into it.

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icewind Dale
Defense pairings are not the same as the depth charts. Renberg plays on the top line fairly often, but isn't a top three forward on this team at all.

OK....I can see your reasoning there.....that makes sense to pair those two up together.

Mack 09-27-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_00

last year it was Blake-Morris with Foote on the second pairing. does this mean Foote is worse then Morris?

loveshack2 09-27-2003 10:34 AM

I like the signing espescially at only 1 yr, it's a good fit and Klee is a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Gives us a fairly solid defence corp 1-6, no huge holes but no standouts either. Reminds me a little of Philly's defence from last season in that respect.

Kaberle - McCabe
Klee - Jackman
Marchment - Berg
Pushor

And remember that Pilar could be back soon as well, although he now has next to no leverage on any contract negotiations. Id still like to see one of the young guys given a shot if they're ready. Perhaps Ferguson feels that none of them are, and if that's the case then fine. We certainly seem to have some good depth at every position now anyway.

darrylsittler27 09-27-2003 10:34 AM

Signing Klee prudent

It's a good sign.It shows fergie knows the defense is this teams achilles heel and that they wont be rushing the young guys who arent ready.If mccabe was/is badly injured, our depth would have been woeful.I agree with allowing the likes of hedin,kondratiev,pilar,covo etc prove they are ready.We are now a top 2 defenseman away from being a contender.This must be a now or never team.Belfour is 40,mogilny,roberts,renberg,nieuwendyk etc are on their last years and sundin ,nolan aint getting any younger.Its win now or never for this team.After the strike we will have plenty of young defenseman now ready for the nhl:Hedin,kondratiev,pilar,covo,harrison.With roberts,reichel,mogilny,nieuwendyk,belfour all on expiring contracts the leafs should have lots of money to go land some superstars(ufa).

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveshack2
I like the signing espescially at only 1 yr, it's a good fit and Klee is a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Gives us a fairly solid defence corp 1-6, no huge holes but no standouts either. Reminds me a little of Philly's defence from last season in that respect.

Kaberle - McCabe
Klee - Jackman
Marchment - Berg
Pushor

And remember that Pilar could be back soon as well, although he now has next to no leverage on any contract negotiations. Id still like to see one of the young guys given a shot if they're ready. Perhaps Ferguson feels that none of them are, and if that's the case then fine. We certainly seem to have some good depth at every position now anyway.

Ya that's the pairing I like best....McCabe-Kaberle....why break up something that we know already works?

IWD 09-27-2003 10:38 AM

I'm very curious to see what's going to happen next, actually. I think, with the acquisition of Klee, Berg is pretty much gone. It's sad, really. He has the size, speed and skill to be a top defenseman, but he's never been able to put it together. Doubtful he ever will. I was hoping he would break out this season, but with the number of defensemen along with the players starting to pass him on the depth chart I think his time as a Maple Leaf is coming to an end.

monkey_00* 09-27-2003 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icewind Dale
I'm very curious to see what's going to happen next, actually. I think, with the acquisition of Klee, Berg is pretty much gone. It's sad, really. He has the size, speed and skill to be a top defenseman, but he's never been able to put it together. Doubtful he ever will. I was hoping he would break out this season, but with the number of defensemen along with the players starting to pass him on the depth chart I think his time as a Maple Leaf is coming to an end.

I agree with you there but who do you think would want to have Aki Berg on their hockey club?

Courage* 09-27-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003

I would like to see Ferguson and Quinn give Kondratiev or Coliacovo a chance to play alongside Klee. Or, barring the inclusion of one of the rookies, I think that Klee might allow Jackman to be a little more offensive than he was last year -- which was always his strong suit. They could make a decent second-pairing with Klee playing anchor. Both can skate, can hit, and have a little bit of a mean streak. They could make a very nice pair.