HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   All Purpose Tickets Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1474471)

BOS77 07-23-2013 08:02 PM

All Purpose Tickets Thread

Hey guy's I'm going to be visiting your city in Jan. i'm hoping to make it to a couple games jan.7th and jan.9th wondering where is a good place to get tickets and when do they usually come on sale. I checked ticketmaster but there was none for sale yet. roughly what would tickets cost i'm looking for something within 10 rows from the glass or any suggestion from anyone where is a good spot to be. thanks for any info.

Fo Shea Shea 07-23-2013 09:42 PM

General public tickets probably won't go on sale until end of August, first of September. Ticketmaster is where you should buy them. Lower bowl that far off the glass, $125 to $70, pending on where they are located. Best seat are in the upper bowl in my opinion. The last full season we had they sold the GP tickets in 2 groups, Ocotber/November/December games went on sale first. Then January/February/March/April games went on sale first of December. Haven't heard if that will be the case this year.

Preds33 07-23-2013 10:12 PM

Yes Ticketmaster or you could try the ticketexhange and buy from a season ticket holder.

BOS77 07-24-2013 05:42 AM

Thanks for the info guy's, there is going to be thousands of people coming to nashville that week and there going to be staying in the hotels around the arena so i'm going to try and get tickets as soon as i can as i figure they may be hard to get.

SavageSteve 07-24-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS77 (Post 69540493)
Hey guy's I'm going to be visiting your city in Jan. i'm hoping to make it to a couple games jan.7th and jan.9th wondering where is a good place to get tickets and when do they usually come on sale. I checked ticketmaster but there was none for sale yet. roughly what would tickets cost i'm looking for something within 10 rows from the glass or any suggestion from anyone where is a good spot to be. thanks for any info.

In the past, some of us (myself included) have 'Ambassador' links to buy tickets at STH prices via Ticketmaster w/ limited processing fees. For the last few years, mine has been: predators.nhl.com/hopkins/ with a password of 'preds'. Feel free to go that route when single-game tix are available in late August/early September and save a few bucks from the pockets of the scalpers. Otherwise, scalping is legal in TN and can be used to get in as a last resort. Hope that this helps!

FFWRX 07-24-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS77 (Post 69554011)
Thanks for the info guy's, there is going to be thousands of people coming to nashville that week and there going to be staying in the hotels around the arena so i'm going to try and get tickets as soon as i can as i figure they may be hard to get.

What is going on in January?

Preds33 07-24-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffwrx (Post 69556985)
What is going on in January?

The Music City Center is having a conferences during this span.

Archery Trade Association - Jan 6-8

and another one starting on the 11th. That's all I see right now.

BOS77 07-24-2013 12:47 PM

thanks very much savagesteve i may just try that.
Preds33 is right I'm coming for the archery trade show (ATA) it's like the largest archery convention in the world there will be thousands coming in for that, i'm staying in a hotel just a few blocks from the convention center and arena,were also going to spend another week there after the show checking out the city. the bruins are my favorite team but i always really like the preds since day one and i can't wait to see them.

Marty Party 07-24-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOS77 (Post 69540493)

Before I became a STH I used Stubhub and was pleased with their service. I always chose electronic delivery tickets and got good seats that were cheaper than Ticketmaster. However, last season, SH was just as expensive as TM. Maybe due to the lockout or the way the Preds are doing their tickets now. Not sure.

MCC Cam by the way: MCC Cam

Preds33 07-24-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Party (Post 69573821)
Before I became a STH I used Stubhub and was pleased with their service. I always chose electronic delivery tickets and got good seats that were cheaper than Ticketmaster. However, last season, SH was just as expensive as TM. Maybe due to the lockout or the way the Preds are doing their tickets now. Not sure.

I did not know this existed. Nice view

Jarnberg 07-24-2013 07:11 PM

I doubt you'll have any trouble getting tickets. You'll probably be able to walk-up. Unless the team decides to give away 2000 tickets a game again.

kypredsfan 07-24-2013 08:26 PM

ontheforecheck always links tiqiq.com. They are already showing Hawks/Preds tickets STARTING at just under $200!!! :laugh:

Seth Lake 07-24-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 69579645)
ontheforecheck always links tiqiq.com. They are already showing Hawks/Preds tickets STARTING at just under $200!!! :laugh:

SBNation had an affiliation with Tiqiq which is why they always linked it. I recently read that SBNation signed a new ticket reseller affiliation. Look for that to get pumped this time.

FWIW, I like the Tiqiq site too...

JamboPred 07-25-2013 05:59 AM

Do you guys think it would be risky if I were to buy hotel and flights for a trip to Nashville without the guarantee of getting Preds tickets? Do you think i will have any difficulty getting tickets when they become available? Because the price of hotels and flights are only going to rise between now and January, so i wouldn't mind getting them booked as soon as possible.

Preds33 07-25-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamboPred (Post 69591385)
Do you guys think it would be risky if I were to buy hotel and flights for a trip to Nashville without the guarantee of getting Preds tickets? Do you think i will have any difficulty getting tickets when they become available? Because the price of hotels and flights are only going to rise between now and January, so i wouldn't mind getting them booked as soon as possible.

No, with the exception of the home opener, Chicago and the single Detroit game, I don't see the games selling out for sometime if they do sell out

JamboPred 07-25-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds33 (Post 69592015)
No, with the exception of the home opener, Chicago and the single Detroit game, I don't see the games selling out for sometime if they do sell out

Ok, thanks for the response.:)

lstcyr 07-25-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Party (Post 69573821)

Been a while since I was in town. What cross street am I looking at in the bottom of the picture? I see the arena but I'm lost on what I'm seeing elsewhere. (I really need to get back there for a couple of games.) Thanks

AtlantaWhaler 07-25-2013 08:43 AM

What is on the roof of that building with the wavy roof across from the bridge? It looks like two football fields.

Fo Shea Shea 07-25-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr (Post 69592529)
Been a while since I was in town. What cross street am I looking at in the bottom of the picture? I see the arena but I'm lost on what I'm seeing elsewhere. (I really need to get back there for a couple of games.) Thanks

4th and Demonbreun

lstcyr 07-25-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 69592599)
4th and Demonbreun

Thanks.

triggrman 07-25-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 69592581)
What is on the roof of that building with the wavy roof across from the bridge? It looks like two football fields.

Music City Center. It's the new convention center, saying is't massive is an understatement, it's 2,100,000-square-foot.

AtlantaWhaler 07-25-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 69594029)
Music City Center. It's the new convention center, saying is't massive is an understatement, it's 2,100,000-square-foot.

Holy crap, that's huge. Atlanta's is massive as well. Do you know what that is on the roof of that thing? I can't tell...

Preds33 07-25-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 69594181)
Holy crap, that's huge. Atlanta's is massive as well. Do you know what that is on the roof of that thing? I can't tell...

I believe it is some kind of grass to help make it a little more eco-friendly

AtlantaWhaler 07-25-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds33 (Post 69594421)
I believe it is some kind of grass to help make it a little more eco-friendly

Gotcha. That's a lot of grass!

YouAreTheGovt 07-25-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 69592581)

Green roof. Small seedums and grass n' stuff. A special places where butterflies and insects can frolic.