HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: NJ - Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1475253)

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 10:30 AM

NJ - Calgary
 
NJ receives: - Cammalleri (or however you spell it)

(A) Calgary receives: - Anton Volchenkov
- 3rd Rd Pick (2015) (2nd if Cammalleri re-signs)

OR

(B) Calgary receives: - Jacob Josefson
- 3rd Rd Pick (2015) (2nd if Cammalleri re-signs)

NJ receives another top 6 forward to help scoring, eat 6 mil for one year, possibly re-sign to lesser contract come off season.

(A) Calgary dumps a big contract for a smaller one, bulking up their defense also. Receive a pick, depending on if NJ re-signs or not.

OR

(B) Calgary dumps a big contract and receives a young prospect in return, along with a pick that depends on if NJ re-signs or not.

Made these trade proposals for feedback, don't exactly know what Calgary wants. Just shooting for inside the ballpark I guess. Any suggestions to make the trades better, please say so.

ZeroPT* 07-25-2013 10:34 AM

I would think CGY would like younger pieces, josefson is an OKpiece but I think Calgary would want a D-man. Maybe something along the lines of Urbom/Gelinas+3rd

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPT (Post 69595037)
I would think CGY would like younger pieces, josefson is an OKpiece but I think Calgary would want a D-man. Maybe something along the lines of Urbom/Gelinas+3rd

I could deal Urbom, but others seem to hold his value a little higher than I do.

I would do that, Urbom + 3rd

TylerSVT* 07-25-2013 10:37 AM

Jacob Josefson + 2nd would be a good trade IMO.

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerSVT (Post 69595111)
Jacob Josefson + 2nd would be a good trade IMO.

Would you be demanding it be a set 2nd or a conditional 2nd, 3rd if he doesn't sign.

Don't think I trade the 2nd unless he is going to re-sign.

YP44 07-25-2013 10:53 AM

Why does the pick get better for Calgary if the players re-sign? Should it no be other way around?

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 69595475)
Why does the pick get better for Calgary if the players re-sign? Should it no be other way around?

If Cammalleri re-signs in NJ, they offer the higher pick. If he leaves after the one year, they give the lower pick. It's right.

I changed the OP. it's if Cammalleri re-signs

Systemfel 07-25-2013 10:57 AM

Should NJ really be dealing away picks? I know it's a '15 pick, but still.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-25-2013 10:58 AM

no way should or would the Devils trade Josefson and a higher pick for a guy like that that is UFA in a year.

if they wanna take Volch, sure.

NJN225 07-25-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 69595475)
Why does the pick get better for Calgary if the players re-sign? Should it no be other way around?

I'm pretty sure he meant if cammalleri resigns, as obviously a rental is worth less than a long term deal.

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 69595599)
Should NJ really be dealing away picks? I know it's a '15 pick, but still.

I'd say the same thing, but it'd only be a third in '15 if Cammalleri didn't re-sign, and if he did it would be worth the 2nd in my opinion.

SpeakingOfTheDevils 07-25-2013 11:02 AM

For Volchenkov, fine. For Josefson, nah.

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 11:06 AM

What if a trade was Urbom + 3rd? As stated in one of the above comments.

I think that would be better than JJ+, would it not?

SaintMorose 07-25-2013 11:12 AM

Calgary would need to sign someone first. Then the question would be trading him now in which case either trade works (preferably B). Or wait until the deadline and see if that's the best offer. (Might need Squid half the season to reach the cap floor :laugh:)

Solid proposal.

Haatley 07-25-2013 11:18 AM

Wasnt josefson pushed down the depth chart last year? Is he really an upgrade to any of the 4 bottom 9 centres we already have?

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haatley (Post 69596275)
Wasnt josefson pushed down the depth chart last year? Is he really an upgrade to any of the 4 bottom 9 centres we already have?

Possibly not, which is why I ask if you'd prefer Urbom+ 3rd? Young d-man and a pick.

Flamesfan 26 07-25-2013 11:29 AM

Calgary doesn't need to dump cap space. They have 9m left and that's with Kippers cap hit. The value is way off. If the Flames are smart about this they would keep Cammy until the deadline and create a bidding war for him. NJ doesn't have the assets to get Cammy at this point. A 1st round is a must if you want to get him. Which you don't have.

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan 26 (Post 69596643)
Calgary doesn't need to dump cap space. They have 9m left and that's with Kippers cap hit. The value is way off. If the Flames are smart about this they would keep Cammy until the deadline and create a bidding war for him. NJ doesn't have the assets to get Cammy at this point. A 1st round is a must if you want to get him. Which you don't have.

A 1st+ for Cammalleri? At that point I'll pass.

Flamesfan 26 07-25-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 (Post 69596697)
A 1st+ for Cammalleri? At that point I'll pass.

That's fine. The Flames would be best to move him at the deadline. And I didn't say a 1st + all I said was a 1st.

madmike77 07-25-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan 26 (Post 69596643)
Calgary doesn't need to dump cap space. They have 9m left and that's with Kippers cap hit. The value is way off. If the Flames are smart about this they would keep Cammy until the deadline and create a bidding war for him. NJ doesn't have the assets to get Cammy at this point. A 1st round is a must if you want to get him. Which you don't have.

Yeah the value isn't bad, but the Flames have plenty of young, unproven centres with "potential". I'm not sure they need another.

I agree the Flames are best hanging onto Cammy until the deadline and flipping him then for max value to a contender.

NHL Fanatik* 07-25-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan 26 (Post 69596823)
That's fine. The Flames would be best to move him at the deadline. And I didn't say a 1st + all I said was a 1st.

Even just a 1st seems like overpayment.

MichaelJ 07-25-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 (Post 69594953)
NJ receives: - Cammalleri (or however you spell it)

(A) Calgary receives: - Anton Volchenkov
- 3rd Rd Pick (2015) (2nd if Cammalleri re-signs)

OR

(B) Calgary receives: - Jacob Josefson
- 3rd Rd Pick (2015) (2nd if Cammalleri re-signs)

NJ receives another top 6 forward to help scoring, eat 6 mil for one year, possibly re-sign to lesser contract come off season.

(A) Calgary dumps a big contract for a smaller one, bulking up their defense also. Receive a pick, depending on if NJ re-signs or not.

OR

(B) Calgary dumps a big contract and receives a young prospect in return, along with a pick that depends on if NJ re-signs or not.

Made these trade proposals for feedback, don't exactly know what Calgary wants. Just shooting for inside the ballpark I guess. Any suggestions to make the trades better, please say so.


How about Volchenkov and Josefson and NJD keeps the pick. Josefson is added to sweeten the offer so the Devils can dump Volchenkov.

madmike77 07-25-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 (Post 69596883)
Even just a 1st seems like overpayment.

It likely is, but at the deadline you never know. That's why I'd wait.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-25-2013 11:45 AM

a 1st+ for 1 year of Cammalleri?

yea, no.

western redmen 07-25-2013 12:00 PM

The great Anton volchenkov? The guy you guys have been trying to dump has value?? Hell no to the 1st, and no to the 2nd cuz we have plenty of bottom 6 fwds


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.