HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Ticket Prices for Upcoming Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=147550)

ILuvLA 06-20-2005 07:23 PM

Ticket Prices for Upcoming Season

Has anyone heard any rumblings about Kings ticket plans for the coming season? Here's what was announced for down south today...

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim today announced the club’s season seat prices for the 2005-2006 hockey season. The club has rolled back prices on over 14,000 season seats at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, an average of 5.28% for the upcoming campaign, while also announcing those same season seat prices will be frozen the following year (2006-2007).

A part of the announcement:

In addition, the club has reclassified over 1,500 seats in the building, dropping the season seat price from $25.00 to $9.50 per game, a discount of 62.0%. The Ducks will also offer a buy-two, get-two free ticket promotion on select sections of the Terrace Main, valued at $23.50. A family of four can now purchase four such seats (buy 2, get 2) for a total of $47 per game ($47 discount).

Fat Elvis 06-21-2005 09:30 AM

If that's true, it's good business. The ducks need support as the whole sport does as well. Most if not all teams should do something similar do attract fans new and old back to the game. Heck, you can't take a family of 4 to a baseball game for $47, let alone a movie. That's a good deal imo.

GoneFullHextall 06-21-2005 11:06 AM

yeah thats a great deal. Part of the reason I only went to 1 or 2 NHL games. well that and Philly is a 7 hour drive from me, and the Flyers only came to Boston a couple times a year. But Philly and Boston both charge(or were charging) 90-100 bucks for the lowerbowl. If the Bruins and Flyers did the same thing I would definitly go to more games, If not well i do have the Monarchs.

blitzkriegs 06-21-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larocks
Has anyone heard any rumblings about Kings ticket plans for the coming season? Here's what was announced for down south today...

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim today announced the club’s season seat prices for the 2005-2006 hockey season. The club has rolled back prices on over 14,000 season seats at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, an average of 5.28% for the upcoming campaign, while also announcing those same season seat prices will be frozen the following year (2006-2007).

A part of the announcement:

In addition, the club has reclassified over 1,500 seats in the building, dropping the season seat price from $25.00 to $9.50 per game, a discount of 62.0%. The Ducks will also offer a buy-two, get-two free ticket promotion on select sections of the Terrace Main, valued at $23.50. A family of four can now purchase four such seats (buy 2, get 2) for a total of $47 per game ($47 discount).

This is the Dodgers philosophy on selling tickets. Make the gate entry low (entire top of stadium @ Chavez) to get butts in the seats.

Why? because people still have to pay to park & once you are in the arena for 3 hours, most likely your gonna drink, eat, buy merch, and be merry = $$$$$. Way more money then your tix.

Remember, Samueli owns the building, like McCourt owns the stadium. It's a 100% windfall once fans are arena. Making gate entry prices attractive draws you in, then you spend, spend, spend while there.

agentfouser 06-22-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
This is the Dodgers philosophy on selling tickets. Make the gate entry low (entire top of stadium @ Chavez) to get butts in the seats.

Why? because people still have to pay to park & once you are in the arena for 3 hours, most likely your gonna drink, eat, buy merch, and be merry = $$$$$. Way more money then your tix.

Remember, Samueli owns the building, like McCourt owns the stadium. It's a 100% windfall once fans are arena. Making gate entry prices attractive draws you in, then you spend, spend, spend while there.

which is just fine with me, because it allows one to see a game cheaply if they manage their spending--take the train to avoid parking fees, eat before the game to avoid buying dinner there, etc. i'd be perfectly happy to see them jack prices of concessions up if gate prices went down

blitzkriegs 06-22-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
which is just fine with me, because it allows one to see a game cheaply if they manage their spending--take the train to avoid parking fees, eat before the game to avoid buying dinner there, etc. i'd be perfectly happy to see them jack prices of concessions up if gate prices went down

obviously, conservative game spenders like YOU are not what the Ducks [nor the Dodgers] are trying to bring in w/$9 seats. It's the have a bite to eat, couple beers, buddies and/or the family that decides to feed their family at the game.

my comment is not a direct criticism of you personally, just fellows with your mindset in attending a game.