HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto-Edmonton(Franson-Schultz) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1476395)

frankthetank91 07-27-2013 10:03 AM

Toronto-Edmonton(Franson-Schultz)

This probably won't happen but assuming talks with Franson go sour what would have to be done to swap Franson and Schultz? Both are young RHD. Would be cool to re-unite Gardiner-Schultz pairing.

To Toronto:

Schultz
?

To Edmonton:
Franson
?

What trade could be worked out with these two as the center pieces?

DKQ 07-27-2013 10:04 AM

I'm gonna guess that if Franson is going to be involved in a trade for Schultz, he won't be the biggest piece going Edmonton's way

GordieHoweHatTrick 07-27-2013 10:06 AM

This won't end well.

Maplelaughs97 07-27-2013 10:17 AM

Yah apologies Edmonton, Franson is a good player but Schultz is pretty well at his level currently offensively and his skating really sets him apart. Schultz>Franson and younger.....and it's looking like he's going to be significantly cheaper (at least the next few years)

Maplelaughs97 07-27-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 69665899)
I'm gonna guess that if Franson is going to be involved in a trade for Schultz, he won't be the biggest piece going Edmonton's way

and this

frankthetank91 07-27-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maplelaughs97 (Post 69666103)
Yah apologies Edmonton, Franson is a good player but Schultz is pretty well at his level currently offensively and his skating really sets him apart. Schultz>Franson and younger.....

I'm not proposing them straight up. I know we'd have to add but what?

The Nuge 07-27-2013 10:22 AM

Not happening. Only Schultz you're getting is Nick

Vor 07-27-2013 10:22 AM

I dont really want Schultz. He didn't want to sign here the first time, what makes anyone think he'll resign here?

Maplelaughs97 07-27-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 69666135)
I'm not proposing them straight up. I know we'd have to add but what?

Maybe Franson, Percy and Biggs for Schultz and Jarry.....not sure about valuation, I just don't see them moving him unless something silly is offered.

frankthetank91 07-27-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maplelaughs97 (Post 69666183)
Maybe Franson, Percy and Biggs for Schultz and Jarry.....not sure about valuation, I just don't see them moving him unless something silly is offered.

I'd do something like that, just not Jarry we really don't need any more goalies. Another prospect with the same value in a different position maybe.

supert 07-27-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 69665883)
This probably won't happen but assuming talks with Franson go sour what would have to be done to swap Franson and Schultz? Both are young RHD. Would be cool to re-unite Gardiner-Schultz pairing.

To Toronto:

Schultz
?

To Edmonton:
Franson
?

I do this deal as an Oiler fan . No trade backs . Nick Schultz will look good in the TML blue

New Liskeard 07-27-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 69665899)

I'm not going to guess that Schultz, doesn't have the same body of work and results as Franson. Thanks but no thanks, rather keep Franson.

Isaak16 07-27-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Liskeard (Post 69666289)
I'm not going to guess that Schultz, doesn't have the same body of work and results as Franson. Thanks but no thanks, rather keep Franson.

Sure you would.....

supert 07-27-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Liskeard (Post 69666289)

Ok then we will trade you Nick Schultz for Gardiner . I guessing he does not have the same body of work and results as Nick .

The Nuge 07-27-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

And why does Pittsburgh do that?

YesYesYall 07-27-2013 10:39 AM

Nope. I've watched quite a few Leafs' games this year to know that Franson is nowhere near Schultz's level. I bet the animated version of MacT in NHL '14 would laugh at this proposal in GM mode.

TorstenFrings 07-27-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Am I drunk? No wait, don't answer that. How would you know? How did Jarry get involved in this though. Leave Pittsburgh out of it.

Petes2424 07-27-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

To Toronto:

Schultz
?

To Edmonton:
Franson
?

We're going to get the inevitable underrating of Cody Franson here and it's not going to end well. Edmonton is not moving Schultz. Franson would be a good fit in Edmonton and I'd like to watch him play every night again. That said, he really came on last season and hopefully Nonis doesnt move him. The Leafs are a better team with him.

frankthetank91 07-27-2013 10:44 AM

How about..

Franson and Kulemin for Schultz+2nd

Edmonton gets size and penalty killing and a friend for Yakupov. Toronto gets Ashton or D'Amigo to replace Kulemin(although a major downgrade) but gets some more salary room and can possibly trade Liles for a bottom 6 winger such as Spaling from Nashville.

Seachd 07-27-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 69666181)
I dont really want Schultz. He didn't want to sign here the first time, what makes anyone think he'll resign here?

That makes no sense. Have the Leafs ever traded for a player who had previously been a free agent?

The Mentalist 07-27-2013 10:47 AM

I think Edmonton would overpay if Leafs packaged Gardiner and Franson to Edmonton.

Nonis would probably be charged with theft by Edmonton police.

TorstenFrings 07-27-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 69666517)
How about..

Franson and Kulemin for Schultz+2nd

Edmonton gets size and penalty killing and a friend for Yakupov. Toronto gets Ashton or D'Amigo to replace Kulemin(although a major downgrade) but gets some more salary room and can possibly trade Liles for a bottom 6 winger such as Spaling from Nashville.

I really think you aren't going to get a "yay" from Oilers fans until you leave out Schultz. There isn't really a way you can dress it up fancy as long as it is Schultz.
Which isn't even due to some kind of underrating of Franson, but simply because Edmonton won't move Schultz and has no reason to either.

New Liskeard 07-27-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supert (Post 69666395)
Ok then we will trade you Nick Schultz for Gardiner . I guessing he does not have the same body of work and results as Nick .

Why would the Leafs trade Franson for either of those players?? They don't help the team, and the goal one would think is to improve as a team and make the playoffs. Pass, and no thank you please.

Quares27 07-27-2013 11:04 AM

Why would you even want Schultz? great offensive and a great skater but horrible defensively. The last thing the Leafs need is another OFD.

Hotdelaney 07-27-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

To Toronto:

Schultz
?

To Edmonton:
Franson
?

Even for the right price Edmonton would not do this. They would much rather see what Justin will become.