HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Around the NHL Part VI: Vanek Traded to NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1476545)

Blackhawkswincup 07-27-2013 03:57 PM

Around the NHL Part VI: Vanek Traded to NYI

Absolutely nothing going on around NHL

Bubba88 07-27-2013 04:12 PM

While you say this, Grabos list is down to 3 teams and Wheeler extended his contract for 6 years with 5.6 Cap Hit

Hawkaholic 07-29-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 69675405)
While you say this, Grabos list is down to 3 teams and Wheeler extended his contract for 6 years with 5.6 Cap Hit

So ya, nothing is going on.

UsernameWasTaken 07-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 69674997)
Absolutely nothing going on around NHL

it's so bad that even Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger aren't tweeting much these days :laugh:

I figured that after the long playoff run, I'd be fine with no hockey until October...but I have to admit, I'm kind of missing it!

ChiGuySez 07-29-2013 12:24 PM

Only thing of much significance is the CUP being passed around. :yo:

No Fun Shogun 07-29-2013 07:03 PM

At least the Cubs are starting to play halfway decent ball. Otherwise this summer would just be brutal sports-wise.

Definitely all for the hockey season starting up again, though....

IU Hawks fan 07-29-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 69728041)
it's so bad that even Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger aren't tweeting much these days :laugh:

!

Pretty sure both are on vacation.

Bubba88 07-30-2013 12:57 AM

good thing for me: Soccer comes back and DEL pre season isn't too far away :laugh:

IU Hawks fan 07-30-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 69752513)
good thing for me: Soccer comes back and DEL pre season isn't too far away :laugh:

I'm seeing your boys play Inter on Thursday.

No Fun Shogun 07-30-2013 09:58 AM

An idea for the first game GDT just popped into my head. I have zero skill with that sort of thing though, but I may very well have to toy around with a few things the next couple weeks to see what I can do...

Don't suppose anyone's laid claim to it yet, have they?

Kurtosis 07-30-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69759273)
An idea for the first game GDT just popped into my head. I have zero skill with that sort of thing though, but I may very well have to toy around with a few things the next couple weeks to see what I can do...

Maybe TK did, but I'm not sure.

UsernameWasTaken 07-30-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 69759273)

I haven't noticed. Just make it anyway.

We should sticky some sort of sign up list so people know when someone else is doing it.

No Fun Shogun 07-30-2013 10:28 AM

Good idea.

That being said, it'll probably go nowhere as to do it it'll have to have some photo editing skills.

Lets just say it's a Monty Python-themed "Quest to RETAIN the Holy Grail" sort of idea.

Bubba88 07-30-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 69757601)
I'm seeing your boys play Inter on Thursday.

mainly I'm a Dortmund (BVB) Fan since being 6 years old... and in 1 week season starts

zytz 07-30-2013 07:30 PM

Pavelski contract .... wow.

Callidusblackhawk 07-30-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zytz (Post 69778951)
Pavelski contract .... wow.

That's alot to pay your 3rd line center. :amazed:

Nothingman* 07-30-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 69769547)
mainly I'm a Dortmund (BVB) Fan since being 6 years old... and in 1 week season starts

Loves me some Klopp. Pretty good coach with funny interviews afterwards. I hope they keep it going because BM winning all the time is very old. The two years previous where BVB won the league was awesome.

Bundesliga is very entertaining. EPL is better at marketing but the German teams are fun to watch. There are more than 2-3 good teams unlike most other leagues.

Wrigley 07-31-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Trending: Down -- But only because it's almost impossible to repeat during the salary-cap era, especially for a team that was playing into late June. This is still a great team. This group knows as well as any that there's a hangover coming, and last time it took nearly the entire next season for the Blackhawks to recover. The major difference is that nearly every major contributor from last year's championship team is returning, although Bolland will be missed. Khabibulin is a capable backup for Crawford, but it'll be interesting to see how long Antti Raanta, signed from Finland, has to wait before getting a shot at NHL playing time.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...teams-trending

No Fun Shogun 07-31-2013 12:33 AM

Well, we can either stay put or go down. Only two options available for the defending season champs and playoff champs.

And, per the main boards, rumors starting from some radio host in Seattle that the NHL is planning to expand by at least one team for 2014-15.

Call me crazy, but while I do believe that the NHL is seriously thinking about expansion, and Seattle will almost assuredly be the recepient of a team, I'm not anticipating it happening so quickly as that.

Hawkaholic 07-31-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidusblackhawk (Post 69786801)
That's alot to pay your 3rd line center. :amazed:

He was actually their #1C in terms of ice time per game.

Wrigley 07-31-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 69793217)
He was actually their #1C in terms of ice time per game.

Quote:

The San Jose Sharks signed center Joe Pavelski to a $30 million, five-year contract extension Tuesday that will keep him off the free-agent market next summer. ''It's always exciting when a franchise puts that responsibility on you a little bit,'' Pavelski said. ''It's important to continue to play at a high level in that regard. It's a position I wanted to be in, and it's exciting to have this opportunity.'' Pavelski is the second key player signed to an extension this offseason by general manager Doug Wilson. Center Logan Couture also signed a $30 million, five-year extension earlier this month, a year before he could become a free agent. The deals keep both players under contract through the 2018-19 season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sharks-...7668--nhl.html

Agreed. After watching the playoffs, I consider him and Couture their 2 best players.

Sir Psycho T 07-31-2013 08:11 AM

Couture and Pavs have been the Sharks best players for a few years. They haven't gotten the recognition they deserve because they aren't big names or play in a big market. They aren't overly flashy and won't put up amazing numbers. All they will do is play smart, tough, good hockey every night and make your team better. They are both great on and off the ice and would be a welcome asset to any team.

Hawkaholic 07-31-2013 09:02 AM

I thought this was an NHL thread?

UsernameWasTaken 07-31-2013 10:46 AM

I was just watching a YT video of Jason Dickinson getting drafted by the Stars and someone posted this as a comment:

Quote:

Jesse Camilleri 3 weeks ago
His girlfriend works with me she told me Chicago was gonna take him so when dallas took him they were kinda shocked and had no idea what to do next
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG7y1dIHHSI

anyhow...i don't really have anything else to say. i just thought it was interesting so figured i'd share :laugh:

Any Colour You Like 07-31-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 69759567)
I haven't noticed. Just make it anyway.

We should sticky some sort of sign up list so people know when someone else is doing it.

I've done it in the past, but go over well it did not.