HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Player Discussion: 2014 Draft Eligible Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1476553)

Joey Bones 07-27-2013 04:11 PM

2014 Draft Eligible Prospects
 
So the 2014 draft is a year away, but out of curiosity which prospects would you look at if you were a Ranger scout? Any player that is a sure to be top 10 to any player who would be a steal for a 7th round pick. These players can be from anywhere (CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc). Just want to get more insight for the upcoming draft from other Ranger fans.

Thanks guys.

Let's discuss.

Fitzy 07-27-2013 04:20 PM

The Rangers should be prepping a bid for Greg Carey once the NCAA season finishes next year.

For draft prospects, Obviously the one I'm most intrigued by is William Nylander.

Joey Bones 07-27-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 69675585)
The Rangers should be prepping a bid for Greg Carey once the NCAA season finishes next year.

For draft prospects, Obviously the one I'm most intrigued by is William Nylander.

Nylander is a very intriguing player and is playing with his dad no?

Fitzy 07-27-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Bones (Post 69675653)
Nylander is a very intriguing player and is playing with his dad no?

For a short while they played in the Swedish 2nd tier league, I believe. William has great hands and skating but is very young and very undeveloped physically. There are also questions about his defensive game, but he will probably be a top 5 pick.

Joey Bones 07-27-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 69675701)
For a short while they played in the Swedish 2nd tier league, I believe. William has great hands and skating but is very young and very undeveloped physically. There are also questions about his defensive game, but he will probably be a top 5 pick.

Sounds pretty good. There's a rumor he is going to move from Sodertalje to Rogle, as per elite prospects.

Punxrocknyc19* 07-27-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 69675585)
The Rangers should be prepping a bid for Greg Carey once the NCAA season finishes next year.

For draft prospects, Obviously the one I'm most intrigued by is William Nylander.

maybe Staal can be part of a package to get Nylander to be drafted by the Rangers...

Joey Bones 07-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 69676325)
maybe Staal can be part of a package to get Nylander to be drafted by the Rangers...

That would be alright depending on how Staal does and where we place ourselves in the draft. What is anyone's case on Jake Virtanen and Sam Reinhart?

I Eat Crow 07-27-2013 07:04 PM

The 2014 draft so far reminds me of 2011. No clear cut #1, decent top 10, but a big drop off after that. Can't speak for the depth of the draft since there is still a whole season to play until the draft happens. We'll see.

Reinhart, Ekblad, and Nylander are the top 3 right now. Ritchie, Virtanen, and Ho-Sang will round out the top 5.

Barnaby 07-27-2013 08:20 PM

Highly unlikely that we suck bad enough to get Nylander, but he'd be a fun player to draft and root for if he falls over the course of the year or we trade up (which we talk about every year, but never seems to happen sans Staal).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.