HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flames - Maple Leafs (prospects swap) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1477341)

QMJHLfollower 07-29-2013 02:01 PM

Flames - Maple Leafs (prospects swap)

To Calgary:

Jesse Blacker

To Toronto:

Michael Ferland
Greg Nemisz

Why?

Flames has a very good forward prospects pool, defense is their weakness is their prospects pool. They add a decent D prospect with pretty decent potential that his behind a few guys in Toronto depth chart.

For the Leafs, it's the oppisite. They have great D prospects and needs to upgrade the forward. They get two big players with decent potential.

SaintMorose 07-29-2013 02:09 PM

Feel like Calgary gives a bit more than Toronto but not by much.

Always liked the thought of sending Greg home where he can add soft hands to the Leafs bottom 6 and Blacker to where he can get an opportunity to earn minutes so I'd still do it. :handclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak (Post 69732213)
Looks okay.

Can we throw in Liles or...?

Liles
Blacker

Nemo
Ferland

:nod:
edit: there was probably some sarcasim in that every leafs proposal needs to send out Liles but he'd either be our 4th best Dman or give our bottom pairing credibility I actually like the trade more with him in it.

WilliamNylander 07-29-2013 02:12 PM

Looks okay.

Seriously though, I'd do this. Don't know if Calgary would

InfinityIggy 07-29-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 69731833)
To Calgary:

Jesse Blacker

To Toronto:

Michael Ferland
Greg Nemisz

Why?

Flames has a very good forward prospects pool, defense is their weakness is their prospects pool. They add a decent D prospect with pretty decent potential that his behind a few guys in Toronto depth chart.

For the Leafs, it's the oppisite. They have great D prospects and needs to upgrade the forward. They get two big players with decent potential.

Hmmm, I like the idea.

Quote:

Looks okay.

Sure why not.

Stormcrow 07-29-2013 02:15 PM

With Calgary in full rebuild mode I am not too sure if they want to give up two prospects. That being said, it is possible that a move for positional strength could be done, I just don't know enough about those two guys on Calgary's end.

siddy 07-29-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Looks okay.

Seriously though, I'd do this. Don't know if Calgary would

Stop. Just Stop.

Mikeyg 07-29-2013 02:25 PM

If you take liles id even throw in a 6th or something for a gift combined with that deal above

InfinityIggy 07-29-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormcrow (Post 69732283)
With Calgary in full rebuild mode I am not too sure if they want to give up two prospects. That being said, it is possible that a move for positional strength could be done, I just don't know enough about those two guys on Calgary's end.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Blacker is better than both Ferland and Nemisz. The Flames have a glut of prospects just like Nemisz, but better. Ferland is a little risky to give up but getting Blacker would be worth it.

Calgary needs another top-6 D. I wouldn't be against taking Liles + late pick back in the deal.

AuraSphere 07-29-2013 02:46 PM

Liles would be like your #2 man, just take him, we can't afford him :(

Drew311 07-29-2013 02:54 PM

Not enough to get Blacker, Nemisz has regressed into a zero value prospect.

Now if we're talking about Calgary taking on Liles, it's a whole different ball game. I would expect a solid prospect like Blacker going with Liles in a cap dump deal. Not that Liles is a bad defenseman, he could actually really help a struggling power play. The Leafs just don't need him/can't afford him.

WilliamNylander 07-29-2013 02:56 PM

Blacker liles and a mid round pick? For the deal in the OP

SaintMorose 07-29-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak (Post 69733539)
Blacker liles and a mid round pick? For the deal in the OP

I don't even think you need a mid pick, JML moving could turn out well for both teams.

BonMorrison 07-29-2013 03:22 PM

Is Nemisz really that bad now? I was a big fan when he was on the Windsor Spitfires.

Drennan57* 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintAnton (Post 69734291)
I don't even think you need a mid pick, JML moving could turn out well for both teams.

It would for sure.

The cap situation has made Leafs fans put him in every trade on HF and now people think he's just a cap dump, which he is not.

JML is a good hockey player and veteran in the room, he's just the most obvious guy to move because of Toronto's number of OFD's.

gabeliscious 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

imo franson > liles and blacker so leaffs are better off moving blacker if it means we can keep franson. realistically blacker will never be a leaf with the amount of depth we have. he would have a good chance of making the flames one day though imo. liles is still usefull and could help the flames right away.

id do blacker and liles for one of the prospects if it meant getting rid of liles.

InfinityIggy 07-29-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 69734519)
Is Nemisz really that bad now? I was a big fan when he was on the Windsor Spitfires.

Don't think he is even in the Flames Top 20 prospects now.

SaintMorose 07-29-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 69734519)

It's more about him getting injured and passed in the depth chart (Bouma, Reinhart, Knight, etc).
He doesn't have the skating for a top 6 role; but has great character and does whatever you ask of him.

He's had to make adjustments over the last 2 years (now playing RW and taking on more defensive roles) still looks to have a future in the NHL (bottom 6) if he can keep progressing. Should also note in 2012 during Sven's emergency call-up Nemo played on his line to shoulder the defensive responsibilities.

The Gaud Father 07-29-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraSphere (Post 69733223)
Liles would be like your #2 man, just take him, we can't afford him :(

Lol shows how much you know about the Flames. He'd still be behind Giordano, Wideman and Brodie.

Noori 07-29-2013 05:10 PM

Ferland + Nemisz for Blacker + Liles. Done!

Atomos2 07-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 69738487)

Yeah, I'd do this.

HighLifeMan 07-29-2013 05:30 PM

No thanks.
I want to see what Michael Ferland can do at the professional level. He is the type of prospect that you have to hang on to because if he does hit his potential you have a very valuable player on your hands.

Jesse Blacker does nothing for me.

EscapeGoat 07-29-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Done.

MuchoMacho 07-29-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 69739171)
No thanks.
I want to see what Michael Ferland can do at the professional level. He is the type of prospect that you have to hang on to because if he does hit his potential you have a very valuable player on your hands.

Jesse Blacker does nothing for me.

This could be said about almost any prospect. Not saying you're wrong for wanting to hold onto him, but might want to think of a better reason. ie his likelihood of hitting said potential.

QMJHLfollower 07-29-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

I'd do this as well. I like Lilies, but we need the cap space.

A deal that both sides seem to like.

HighLifeMan 07-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend (Post 69740425)
This could be said about almost any prospect. Not saying you're wrong for wanting to hold onto him, but might want to think of a better reason. ie his likelihood of hitting said potential.

No, not really. My reasoning is more than sound.
For example there is a reason why players like Milan Lucic, and Ryan Clowe are so highly sought after. The mix of size, strength, physicality, fighting ability, soft hands, and goal scoring that these types of players bring is not something that every prospect possesses and in fact is extremely difficult to either draft or acquire.

Michael Ferland was one of the toughest and most intimidating players in the CHL during his tenure, and in addition to that was a 47 goal scorer to boot. His intangibles make him one of the most intriguing prospects in our entire prospect pool.