HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Islanders / Flyers trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1477559)

Boxscore 07-29-2013 10:42 PM

Islanders / Flyers trade
 
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?

Vikke 07-29-2013 10:44 PM

Errrrrr NO.

Boxscore 07-29-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke (Post 69749315)
Errrrrr NO.

Well offer some feedback. Why no?

IslesRock4 07-29-2013 10:49 PM

Islanders have Tavares/Strome/Nielsen/Nelson/Cizikas at C. We don't need another. We don't have anyone trustworthy in the pipeline at RW to replace Okposo. Reinhart is exactly what we need in terms of a steady defensive defensemen. Doesn't make sense at all.

PALE PWNR 07-29-2013 10:49 PM

Not enough value going to the Isle

SLAPSHOT723 07-29-2013 11:06 PM

I'm a big Couturier fan, but I don't do this trade. Especially since we're within the division.

seanerixon 07-29-2013 11:43 PM

Flyers take this and run, and I'm a Flyers fan. And no, I don't think Coots will ever be a top line center. 2nd pairing at best.

NYI91 07-29-2013 11:46 PM

If this proposal was done at the midway point of last season, most Isles fans, including me, would have probably said yes.

That being said, Okposo showed his true upside in the 2nd half and in the playoffs. Hope he starts off this year like that.

Decent offer, but I'd decline as an Isles fan.

PropJoe 07-29-2013 11:49 PM

If the Flyers are trading Couturier its in a package for a established top pairing D-man not a guy who some project as a second pairing guy and an underachieving winger.

While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal. Couturier is already an elite defensive center and everything points to him developing a good offensive game when paired with capable. Broad Street Hockey did a good post on this topic and I believe the said when paired with good offensive wingers he scored at an ES pace that wouldve been good enough for eighth in the league.

BillyShoe1721 07-29-2013 11:54 PM

Too many moving pieces, can't see these two teams making a trade with players this significant, Islanders don't really need Couturier, and there is no top pairing defenseman coming back to Philadelphia, so I don't move Couturier.

SLAPSHOT723 07-30-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751107)
If the Flyers are trading Couturier its in a package for a established top pairing D-man not a guy who some project as a second pairing guy and an underachieving winger.

While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal. Couturier is already an elite defensive center and everything points to him developing a good offensive game when paired with capable. Broad Street Hockey did a good post on this topic and I believe the said when paired with good offensive wingers he scored at an ES pace that wouldve been good enough for eighth in the league.

Reinhart's projected to be a 2nd pairing guy? Really? :facepalm:

PropJoe 07-30-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 69751637)
Reinhart's projected to be a 2nd pairing guy? Really? :facepalm:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

Alex Mills 07-30-2013 12:21 AM

The Flyers wouldn’t trade Couturier in a package for Weber last summer prior to the offer sheet, so this idea is even less likely. The Islanders have gotten stronger at center with Strome and Nelson on the way, and moving Reinhart before he even gets started would be hasty based on the suggested defensive return.

Darth Milbury 07-30-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751721)
http://www.hockeyprospectus.c" icle.php?articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

That "most respected writer" has Kabanov as the Isles number 2 prospect and De Haan rated before Reinhardt. That is some pretty ridiculous stuff.

SLAPSHOT723 07-30-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751721)
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

How about you say where you saw that projection in the first place instead of me having to ask?

:facepalm:

PropJoe 07-30-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 69751951)
That "most respected writer" has Kabanov as the Isles number 2 prospect and De Haan rated before Reinhardt. That is some pretty ridiculous stuff.

Jesus Christ, can you guys read? Did I say "most respected," or "one of," ?

For reference Bob McKenzie often refers people to his scouting reports on prospects after trades involving them happen. He's definitely well respected not that I can tell you anything about those guys. Also keep in mind that ranking is over a year old.

Darth Milbury 07-30-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69752219)
Jesus Christ, can you guys read? Did I say "most respected," or "one of," ?

For reference Bob McKenzie often refers people to his scouting reports on prospects after trades involving them happen. He's definitely well respected not that I can tell you anything about those guys. Also keep in mind that ranking is over a year old.


Pretty obvious that you don't know jack about any of these prospects. You just rather mindlessly bought what you read on a website.

Le Golie 07-30-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751721)
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

:laugh:

I'm pretty sure you are serious but I don't want to believe it. And the back peddling in your next post is priceless.

Riseonfire 07-30-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 69751637)
Reinhart's projected to be a 2nd pairing guy? Really? :facepalm:

Would you be upset about that? I'd be totally fine to bank him as a 2nd pairing Dman. Lots of dmen on the 2nd pairing that are awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751721)
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

Those rankings are total ****. Should have picked a better source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustafsson (Post 69749245)
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?

Coots is great, but doesn't fill an organizational need. We have Nelson and/or Strome to hopefully push Nielsen down to 3C.

We have plenty of guys like Talbot, we're not lacking character or grit in our bottom 6.

Meszaros is a UFA at the end of this season who we likely won't resign at the price tag he's accustomed to. Too many prospects knocking on/down the door (Donovan CDH, Griff and thats only wave 1)

And I don't know who Manning is so he's not enough to give up salary controlled Okposo and Griff.

Value in a vacuum? Not bad. From an Isles POV, doesn't make sense.

If you still had JVR.... then we'd be interested.

achdumeingute 07-30-2013 01:16 AM

I don't see how this makes any sense from a Flyers perspective either.

Reinhart isn't the defensive prospect we need.

Riptide 07-30-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropJoe (Post 69751107)
While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal.

LOL! No, not a fan of either team. But the Islanders do not win this deal.

richardsequalscup* 07-30-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustafsson (Post 69749245)
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?

So essentially, you want the Islanders to give up a decent power forward who is still young and a very highly rated defenseman prospect for a kid in Couturier, a defenseman coming off a bad injury and a couple of dopes. Yeah, that makes no sense for the Islanders.

19NYSports91 07-30-2013 07:14 AM

Not interested at all, way too many players involved too. Makes no sense for the Islanders especially since they have Ryan Strome and Brock Nelson as the future #2 center.

captainpaxil 07-30-2013 07:19 AM

why do the flyers do this?

JT4President 07-30-2013 07:34 AM

Aside from the insults, I agree with the posters that talked about "not being an organizational need" for the Isles. Coots will be a very good player, no arguing that, we just currently have plenty of C's. Reinhart is a prospect that needs to develope. 1st pair or 2nd pair, no one can predict that at this point so that conversation is pointless. Kyle Okposo is like that 50 cent grab bag at the corner store. You have no idea whats inside in the bag, never know what you will get. There is still plenty of hope for him to become the player that was projected to be a 1st line winger.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.