HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: Sophomore Showdown: Alex Galchenyuk vs Nail Yakupov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1478665)

Jabba11 07-31-2013 11:28 PM

Sophomore Showdown: Alex Galchenyuk vs Nail Yakupov
 
Finally, the next chapter begins on October 10th and 22nd, 2013 when the Canadiens will visit the Oilers in Edmonton and about 12 days later, the rematch will be showed in Montreal at the Bell Centre. Galchenyuk and Yakupov's first NHL encounters and hopefully a good show by both players! No doubt!

Let's use this thread to speculate, or predict who's gonna come out as the winner of the two match ups. Fans of both fanbases were waiting for this encounter since the day both players got drafted. It will be fun to see the 1st overall pick vs the 3rd overall, in a All-Canadian battle. I will definitely be buying the tickets for the game on the 22nd! Cheers!

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/canadiens/imag...ky-yakupov.jpg

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/s...014&gameType=2

MasterDecoy 08-01-2013 02:20 AM

my semi-informed guess is that yakupov is going to break 30 goals (closer or even past 35 i reckon) and end up with more points than galchenyuk. he's gonna play first wave pp time, have semi-sheltered minutes, play terribad defense and ultimately finish with close to even but probably in the minus +/- stat.

JusticeBeaver 08-01-2013 05:51 AM

What I get from twitter (and the very little Russian I know, aka no Russian), they appear to still be very good friends. With that said, it doesn't really mean anything, even family can be hard on each other in games.

Two intense athletes with different skillsets, would love to see a show with both racking up huge points each game, just feeding off the hype, and crowd, which they seem to love. :D Should be great.

PATCHESx67 08-01-2013 07:29 AM

Hopefully Galchy goes back to #94

dreamingofdrouin* 08-01-2013 07:52 AM

We got the best player in the draft IMO.

le_sean 08-01-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 (Post 69827109)
Hopefully Galchy goes back to #94

Oh Christ, not this again.

Dagistitsyn 08-01-2013 08:16 AM

Yakupov will definitely finish with more points IMO. I could see him having a huge season.
My prediction:
Galchenyuk - 40-50 points
Yakupov - 70 points

Tyson 08-01-2013 12:50 PM

Agree that Yakupov gets more points as he will probably average 4 minutes more of ice time and get more PP Time. Gally will continue being sheltered and get "safe" minutes. In the long run I believe Gally is the more complete player. Yakupov will be fun to watch.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* 08-01-2013 01:04 PM

I think Gally will start as a 3rd liner, but coaches and fans will quickly realize that he doesn't belongs there so MT will move him up on the top 6 after 10 games or so.
I don't know who will fall to the 3rd line but it could be Bourque or Pacioretty if one of them start slowly.
I expect him to finnish the season as a center at least after the trade deadline depending on our standings, but one day for sure, he will need to make the jump.
I'm also pretty sure he won't regress this year because his 2013 season wasn't super amazing with the Habs... he was scoreless for around 20 games. He still has a lot to prove.

For Yaky, I agree with
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 69824887)
my semi-informed guess is that yakupov is going to break 30 goals (closer or even past 35 i reckon) and end up with more points than galchenyuk. he's gonna play first wave pp time, have semi-sheltered minutes, play terribad defense and ultimately finish with close to even but probably in the minus +/- stat.

Yakupov: 33 goals - 24 assists - 57 points
Galchenyuk: 22 goals - 35 assists - 57 points

It's a tie!!!

Teufelsdreck 08-01-2013 01:22 PM

It's not a direct competition and I don't care who finishes with more points. I might care if Yakupov had gone to the Bruins or Leafs. I'm glad the Habs were in a position to draft Galchenyuk, although I wish it had been because of a previous trade, not an abysmal 28th place finish.

Watsatheo 08-01-2013 02:03 PM

Yakupov would likely outpoint Galchenyuk by a lot next season. I'd be shocked if Galchenyuk was given more offensive minutes any time soon as we have multiple players in the top 6 requiring a lot of soft offensive minutes + PP time. Yakupov is pretty much guaranteed these minutes.

Scuba-Steve 08-01-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 (Post 69835783)
I think Gally will start as a 3rd liner, but coaches and fans will quickly realize that he doesn't belongs there so MT will move him up on the top 6 after 10 games or so.
I don't know who will fall to the 3rd line but it could be Bourque or Pacioretty if one of them start slowly.
I expect him to finnish the season as a center at least after the trade deadline depending on our standings, but one day for sure, he will need to make the jump.
I'm also pretty sure he won't regress this year because his 2013 season wasn't super amazing with the Habs... he was scoreless for around 20 games. He still has a lot to prove.

For Yaky, I agree with


Yakupov: 33 goals - 24 assists - 57 points
Galchenyuk: 22 goals - 35 assists - 57 points

It's a tie!!!

I can't believe how underappreciated Pacioretty is by Habs fans . You don't put the guy who led the team 2 years in a row in scoring on the 3rd line only after a slow 10 games ! We're all craving for a big scoring foward , believe it or not but Pacioretty is one . He is one of the few fowards on the team that doesn't get pushed around like nothing and is one of the best in the corners . And he is young and signed to a cap friendly contract on top of that .

But you're right let's put him on the 3rd line at the first opportunity . :facepalm:

dackelljuneaubulis02 08-01-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin (Post 69827395)
We got the best player in the draft IMO.

I'm just about positive of that.

Jabba11 08-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 (Post 69827109)
Hopefully Galchy goes back to #94

Hell no! I already have his jersey with the 27 on the back.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* 08-02-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve (Post 69838775)
I can't believe how underappreciated Pacioretty is by Habs fans . You don't put the guy who led the team 2 years in a row in scoring on the 3rd line only after a slow 10 games ! We're all craving for a big scoring foward , believe it or not but Pacioretty is one . He is one of the few fowards on the team that doesn't get pushed around like nothing and is one of the best in the corners . And he is young and signed to a cap friendly contract on top of that .

But you're right let's put him on the 3rd line at the first opportunity . :facepalm:

I think we have enough dept to have a great 3rd line. If Pac start slowly like I said, I don't think MT will let him rot on a top 6 role.

Maelpj* 08-03-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 (Post 69868219)
I think we have enough dept to have a great 3rd line. If Pac start slowly like I said, I don't think MT will let him rot on a top 6 role.

same thing could be said about Plekanec, Gionta, Bourque, Desharnais, Briere.

Pacioretty is our most dangerous foward offensively, I'm sure MT is gonna let him time to replace himself if he has a slow start. He is our only big bodied foward with PPG potential, the 5 other guys are more in danger than him to lose their job one the top 6.

PunkinDrublic* 08-03-2013 10:08 AM

I have troubles understanding how the two can be compared.
Yaku plays top line minutes including top PP minutes.
And plays a zero defensive game.

PunkinDrublic* 08-03-2013 10:10 AM

We have so many top 6 players that they will put Patches on the 3rd line.



Wow.

Habiton 08-03-2013 10:44 AM

Galchenyuk is the type of player you need to win championships with. Yakupov is the type of of player that will bring you to the playoffs and then disappear. Imo I'm still incredibly happy with the pick although feeling somewhat sour that I would have picked Yak over Galchenyuk because a year later I really really wouldn't.

Maelpj* 08-03-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 (Post 69888961)
We have so many top 6 players that they will put Patches on the 3rd line.



Wow.

Briere, Gionta, Desharnais and Bourque, this is quality top 6 right here.

Maelpj* 08-03-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habiton (Post 69889543)
Galchenyuk is the type of player you need to win championships with. Yakupov is the type of of player that will bring you to the playoffs and then disappear. Imo I'm still incredibly happy with the pick although feeling somewhat sour that I would have picked Yak over Galchenyuk because a year later I really really wouldn't.

How could you say that about a 19 years old who never had the chance to prove himself in NHL playoff? Yakupov is a really intense player, has a high level of competition, the kids has a monstruous drive to succeed.

Why would you say that? Just because he is offensive minded? Patrick Kane was essential to the two cup runs for Chicaco.

Maybe it's because he is russian? Malkin always been a beast comes playoff time..

Jerk Store* 08-03-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habiton (Post 69889543)
Galchenyuk is the type of player you need to win championships with. Yakupov is the type of of player that will bring you to the playoffs and then disappear. Imo I'm still incredibly happy with the pick although feeling somewhat sour that I would have picked Yak over Galchenyuk because a year later I really really wouldn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driven (Post 69889635)
How could you say that about a 19 years old who never had the chance to prove himself in NHL playoff? Yakupov is a really intense player, has a high level of competition, the kids has a monstruous drive to succeed.

Why would you say that? Just because he is offensive minded? Patrick Kane was essential to the two cup runs for Chicaco.

Maybe it's because he is russian? Malkin always been a beast comes playoff time..

Was going to post the same thing. Why do you say that Habiton? Makes no sense at all, like you're bringing down Yak to feel better about Gally...

Anyway, as most others, I feel Yak will outproduce Gally by quite a lot, but I like how Montreal isn't rushing him. Wether he becomes the better player remains to be seen, but he'll be a good one for sure

NotProkofievian 08-03-2013 12:01 PM

You can only shelter a player for so long. Galchenyuk's going to be approaching this season with an immeasurable difference in experience from last season. If he's been diligently working on his fitness/game this summer I honestly can't see him staying on our 3rd line.

I'm hoping to get tickets for October 10th. It should be a hell of a game.

Kriss E 08-03-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotProkofievian (Post 69890919)
You can only shelter a player for so long. Galchenyuk's going to be approaching this season with an immeasurable difference in experience from last season. If he's been diligently working on his fitness/game this summer I honestly can't see him staying on our 3rd line.

I'm hoping to get tickets for October 10th. It should be a hell of a game.

I'm not sure if it's about sheltering him. Eller had no reason to not be used in a more offensive role last year, especially with DD struggling. At the very least, Eller should have been given more PP opportunities.
So I have my doubts about how Therrien will use certain players. DD is starting year one of his extension, Briere is signed to 4M. I think he'll be using those guys more, but I'm hoping he won't unless they actually are playing better than the others.

Teufelsdreck 08-03-2013 12:52 PM

This thread is titled Alex Galchenyuk vs. Nail Yakupov, yet most posters ignore Yakupov. Therefore, it's logical to ask how the Habs would use Yakupov if they had drafted him instead.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.