HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: HF Preds Meetup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1479537)

Nitrous Mafia 08-02-2013 08:11 PM

HF Preds Meetup

First two home games are tues and thurs but the Isle are here on sat Oct. 12.

Meetup could happen at Flying Saucer as it's a bigger room than most places on Broad/2nd.

Thoughts?

Preds33 08-02-2013 09:55 PM

If that game was in my plan I would say maybe, but I am on the Half Season Blue Plan and that game isn't included.

http://predators.nhl.com/v2/ext/2013...on-wtimes2.pdf

A better date would be the Saturday Chicago game on 11/16 as it is in both plans.

ThirdManIn 08-02-2013 10:33 PM

Flying Saucer is awesome! I love it!

But if there is going to be a meet up it should be a place where there won't be a **** ton of Preds fans to begin with.

Just my opinion. Also, without me knowing my schedule between two jobs and classes, I'm not sure if I can even make it, though I would love to. Take what I say with a grain, or two, or salt.

Joe T Choker 08-03-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds33 (Post 69882337)
If that game was in my plan I would say maybe, but I am on the Half Season Blue Plan and that game isn't included.

http://predators.nhl.com/v2/ext/2013...on-wtimes2.pdf

A better date would be the Saturday Chicago game on 11/16 as it is in both plans.

I like this idea better than just first game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 69882929)
Flying Saucer is awesome! I love it!

But if there is going to be a meet up it should be a place where there won't be a **** ton of Preds fans to begin with.

Just my opinion. Also, without me knowing my schedule between two jobs and classes, I'm not sure if I can even make it, though I would love to. Take what I say with a grain, or two, or salt.

and agreed it should be somewhere other then Flying Saucer (metric **** ton of fans and all)

kypredsfan 08-03-2013 10:24 AM

I'm in for wherever.

ThirdManIn 08-03-2013 11:00 AM

We should meet at the Kroger in Smyrna :sarcasm:

Seriously though, we used to all meet up during the pre-game skate. The only problem with that was you had to ask people if they were posters, which kind of got awkward.

ThirdManIn 08-03-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 69888701)
I like this idea better than just first game...

and agreed it should be somewhere other then Flying Saucer (metric **** ton of fans and all)

I guess we could all meet at the parking lot behind the Saucer, and then go in together. That would be easier.

Top 6 Spaling 08-03-2013 11:07 AM

I'd love to attend, but I'll be at college by the time opening night rolls around. Maybe if we do another one on Christmas break.

ThirdManIn 08-03-2013 11:46 AM

When I get a new place people are welcome to come over to watch games. Mostly on weekends though.

BigFatCat999 08-03-2013 12:22 PM

Well, we need regional meet-ups

When are the Preds in the NE?

ThirdManIn 08-03-2013 12:28 PM

Early November we have games in Pittsburgh, Brooklyn and Newark.

Who wants to get robbed in Newark?

BigFatCat999 08-03-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 69891513)
Early November we have games in Pittsburgh, Brooklyn and Newark.

Who wants to get robbed in Newark?

Pitt is a damn nice city

Byrddog 08-03-2013 12:39 PM

Just a suggestion but a road trip would be a real way to meet up.

Dec 19 in Tampa everyone out of school, cheap air to Tampa round trip about 200 great atmosphere. Just a short drive to public beach. Theres condos on the beach three bedrooms for 159 a night. Oh and the weather is pretty nice there in Dec.

Sat Jan 4th in Sunrise is a good one as well.

Either of these could be done for about 500 each and its far enough out to save a little.

ThirdManIn 08-03-2013 12:45 PM

There may be group rates if enough people are able to commit.

Byrddog 08-03-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 69891911)
There may be group rates if enough people are able to commit.

Yup
Shoot Tampa tickets are pretty easy to get and they have just stupid specials also 4 tix parking and food for 99 bucks pretty often same with the Panthers. Im partial to Tampa though very nice city fans are pretty good also. Not to mention getting to see a real offense on home ice.

kypredsfan 08-03-2013 01:54 PM

Or Carolina on a Sunday.

hockey diva 08-03-2013 09:00 PM

I will be going to the Carolina game. My sister is a Canes fan. We have a tradition of going to a Preds/Canes game the last couple of seasons.

Drake744 08-15-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrddog (Post 69892017)
Yup
Shoot Tampa tickets are pretty easy to get and they have just stupid specials also 4 tix parking and food for 99 bucks pretty often same with the Panthers. Im partial to Tampa though very nice city fans are pretty good also. Not to mention getting to see a real offense on home ice.

I could potentially get a certain amount of free tickets to the Panthers game in January for people that would go. I used to intern for them and know a couple people who could possibly pull that off. Also, just park in the parking lot and tailgate in the parking lot before the game. There's nothing else around. There's Sawgrass Mills mall on one side of the arena, and the Everglades start on the other side. It's pretty common to see tailgating before the game, as well as kids playing street hockey and things like that. The parking lot is massive.