HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1479703)

overlords 08-03-2013 11:20 AM

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition
 
continue here guys. Lets hope for a better season than last year...

TheFatOne 08-04-2013 04:46 AM

lineup with chaput and nystrom?

Ezpz 08-04-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 69909823)
lineup with chaput and nystrom?

Holland-St. Pierre-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Nystrom-Nattinen-Blunden
MacAulay-Tarnasky-Fournier

Duffy, Quailer and Chaput to the ECHL until injuries/poor play/call ups. I assume these three won't be the three chosen to the ECHL but I really hope we don't send Nystrom or Andrighetto down. I just figure the fourth line I created is more of a fourth line than if you put another scoring line like Hamilton seems to have done in recent years. I assume Nattinen/Leblanc will be injured within two to three weeks so it works out.

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nygren-Dietz
Schiestel-Ellis

Beaulieu being our only LD might be a problem. If Thrower gets signed and Beaulieu gets called up we'd have 6 RD. Beaulieu-Nygren will be interesting to see on the PP.

EveryDay 08-04-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69910871)
Holland-St. Pierre-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Nystrom-Nattinen-Blunden
MacAulay-Tarnasky-Fournier

Duffy, Quailer and Chaput to the ECHL until injuries/poor play/call ups. I assume these three won't be the three chosen to the ECHL but I really hope we don't send Nystrom or Andrighetto down. I just figure the fourth line I created is more of a fourth line than if you put another scoring line like Hamilton seems to have done in recent years. I assume Nattinen/Leblanc will be injured within two to three weeks so it works out.

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nygren-Dietz
Schiestel-Ellis

Beaulieu being our only LD might be a problem. If Thrower gets signed and Beaulieu gets called up we'd have 6 RD. Beaulieu-Nygren will be interesting to see on the PP.


I don't believe Quailer will start in the ECHL next season... not at this expense of McCaulay.

I think Dietz is a LD no?

montreal 08-04-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryDay (Post 69912895)
I don't believe Quailer will start in the ECHL next season... not at this expense of McCaulay.

I think Dietz is a LD no?

I would assume the dogs carry a few extra forwards.

Dietz is a RD.

Count of DannyKristo 08-04-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69910871)
Beaulieu being our only LD might be a problem. If Thrower gets signed and Beaulieu gets called up we'd have 6 RD. Beaulieu-Nygren will be interesting to see on the PP.

Schiestel actually shoots left, even though several websites say otherwise. Click on this picture and this other link for confirmation:

http://circlingthewagon.files.wordpr...schiestel1.jpg

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473996

TheFatOne 08-04-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69910871)
Holland-St. Pierre-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Nystrom-Nattinen-Blunden
MacAulay-Tarnasky-Fournier

Duffy, Quailer and Chaput to the ECHL until injuries/poor play/call ups. I assume these three won't be the three chosen to the ECHL but I really hope we don't send Nystrom or Andrighetto down. I just figure the fourth line I created is more of a fourth line than if you put another scoring line like Hamilton seems to have done in recent years. I assume Nattinen/Leblanc will be injured within two to three weeks so it works out.

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nygren-Dietz
Schiestel-Ellis

Beaulieu being our only LD might be a problem. If Thrower gets signed and Beaulieu gets called up we'd have 6 RD. Beaulieu-Nygren will be interesting to see on the PP.


Looks lika a funny team. What about Marcus Hinds?

Analyzer 08-04-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 69917327)
Looks lika a funny team. What about Marcus Hinds?

Probably ECHL.

montreal 08-04-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 69917327)
Looks lika a funny team. What about Marcus Hinds?

The Habs don't own his rights and he is too young for Hamilton.

WeThreeKings 08-04-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69910871)
Holland-St. Pierre-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Nystrom-Nattinen-Blunden
MacAulay-Tarnasky-Fournier

Duffy, Quailer and Chaput to the ECHL until injuries/poor play/call ups. I assume these three won't be the three chosen to the ECHL but I really hope we don't send Nystrom or Andrighetto down. I just figure the fourth line I created is more of a fourth line than if you put another scoring line like Hamilton seems to have done in recent years. I assume Nattinen/Leblanc will be injured within two to three weeks so it works out.

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nygren-Dietz
Schiestel-Ellis

Beaulieu being our only LD might be a problem. If Thrower gets signed and Beaulieu gets called up we'd have 6 RD. Beaulieu-Nygren will be interesting to see on the PP.

Quailer has experience.. he will be in the line up over McCaulay.

Ezpz 08-04-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 69920535)
Quailer has experience.. he will be in the line up over McCaulay.

Avtsin had experience and a better track record than Quailer and he still couldn't get icetime over fringe prospects with negative NHL upside.

dackelljuneaubulis02 08-04-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69921383)
Avtsin had experience and a better track record than Quailer and he still couldn't get icetime over fringe prospects with negative NHL upside.

I wish we could get a comprehensive report from some Hab insider as to what really happened with Avtsin. He always seemed good enough to at least play. Starting to produce. Never heard he had a bad attitude. Really puzzling.

S Bah 08-04-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 69920535)
Quailer has experience.. he will be in the line up over McCaulay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69921383)
Avtsin had experience and a better track record than Quailer and he still couldn't get icetime over fringe prospects with negative NHL upside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 (Post 69921791)
I wish we could get a comprehensive report from some Hab insider as to what really happened with Avtsin. He always seemed good enough to at least play. Starting to produce. Never heard he had a bad attitude. Really puzzling.

Well I guess someone is right about these things and if I was any one of those players, reading these posts would have me in stitches, er wait a minute...:laugh::laugh:

68 08-04-2013 06:44 PM

Poor Tarnasky.

montreal 08-06-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 69921383)
Avtsin had experience and a better track record than Quailer and he still couldn't get icetime over fringe prospects with negative NHL upside.

Both players looked very ineffective for the most part despite showing some flashes here and there they weren't able to put it together. We'll see what Quailer does now that he has a year of experience under his belt, hopefully he can get back on track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 (Post 69921791)
I wish we could get a comprehensive report from some Hab insider as to what really happened with Avtsin. He always seemed good enough to at least play. Starting to produce. Never heard he had a bad attitude. Really puzzling.

I get the feeling that the coaching staff last year really wants to reward hard working players. While the Dogs had their worst season since the Habs moved into town, the one thing you could say about them is that they often always worked hard. In the case of Avtsin, he would look lost at times but other times he would do much of nothing, meaning that he would skate around with the puck and make some neat moves but it often lead to nothing.

windycity 08-06-2013 02:09 PM

completely off topic but you can buy Bulldogs gear at the AHL store. I think this might be new as never found it when I looked before

then again maybe I'm not so good on the Interwebs . . .

Might get myself a Red away jersey to wear for pick-up :handclap:

http://www.ahlstore.com/

Analyzer 08-06-2013 04:07 PM

Calder cup replica looks kinda neat.

bud12 08-07-2013 04:38 PM

this team get softer and softer each year

Et le But 08-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12 (Post 70010237)
this team get softer and softer each year

Bring back Stortini?

Analyzer 08-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 70013021)
Bring back Stortini?

Sometimes, even the opponents need a hug.

25get 08-08-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 (Post 69923635)
Poor Tarnasky.

There is only so much one can do alone.
Last season he did 17 fights.
That is why Parros is in Montreal to help Prust and Moen.

Meanwhile, Stortini did 27 and Hagel 24: total 51.

At the same time, in Toronto, their top-4 fighters did an average of 7 fights each: total 28.

Vasculio 08-09-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 70049795)
There is only so much one can do alone.
Last season he did 17 fights.
That is why Parros is in Montreal to help Prust and Moen.

Meanwhile, Stortini did 27 and Hagel 24: total 51.

At the same time, in Toronto, their top-4 fighters did an average of 7 fights each: total 28.

Fournier might get some, Blunden too, perhaps, Dietz too, and Beaulieu might show his pugilistic skills on some occasions. But beside those, yeah, Tarnasky is pretty much alone.

25get 08-09-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasculio (Post 70051713)
Fournier might get some, Blunden too, perhaps, Dietz too, and Beaulieu might show his pugilistic skills on some occasions. But beside those, yeah, Tarnasky is pretty much alone.

Fournier did 7 fights last season, Dietz did 3 (8 in 2010-11) and Blunden did 2.

I must admit that I prefer the Dogs to win 10 more games and do 10 fights less.

Analyzer 08-09-2013 10:37 AM

The Dogs aren't going to be a team that looks for fights, but if someone wants to start one they will be ready to answer.

Et le But 08-09-2013 11:53 AM

Maybe Nystrom will unleash his inner goon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.