HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rumor: Miller for Hemsky + Prospects is circulating again. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1480109)

Sabre the Win 08-04-2013 02:56 PM

Miller for Hemsky + Prospects is circulating again.
 
According to Rotoworld and Hockeybuzz

Quote:

Ryan Miller: Trade rumbling: Ryan Miller for Ales Hemsky

Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller has been asked or will soon be asked to accept a trade, according to hockeybuzz.com.
The site also suggests the possibility of playing for the Oilers will come up for Miller, and that Ales Hemsky and prospects would be traded to the Sabres from Edmonton in exchange for the talented and outspoken goalie. "At first glance Edmonton would be an odd place for Miller to go, but do understand Miller wants a shot to show his worth this year both to prove the Sabres wrong and to win the USA Olympic starting or backup spot," the site says. "Currently Jonathan Quick is penciled in as #1 with Miller and (Detroit's Jimmy) Howard fighting it out for 2/3. Miller's experience and performance in Vancouver three years ago is reason to believe he still has a shot at the top spot as well... Making this possibility even more intriguing..Hemsky, according to sources familiar, does believe he is getting traded and is being told the decision is up to "the player he is being traded for.." Aug. 3 - 2:06 pm et

thefifagod 08-04-2013 02:57 PM

Lol, cool story

jBuds 08-04-2013 02:58 PM

Nochance

BackGroundMusic 08-04-2013 03:00 PM

Who are the prospects? It's obviously nonsensical for Hemsky to be the main piece. He's a salary dump. The prospects would be the crux of the deal.

Sabre the Win 08-04-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 69917999)
Nochance

Why do you say that? because Miller will reject it? Edmonton has a lot of talent, they just need the right goalie. They won't be basement forever with their multiple high end drafts classes. As well he would be an instant star there.

jBuds 08-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe (Post 69918055)
Why do you say that? because Miller will reject it? Edmonton has a lot of talent, they just need the right goalie. They won't be basement forever with their multiple high end drafts classes. As well he would be an instant star there.

I think the availability of the prospects would be the sticking point. Forget about Miller - I think he would waive to go anywhere at this point.

However, thinking more into it.... We need scoring wingers.... I could see us taking Hemsky as a dump if we got a couple prospects. I just don't think it happens with Edmonton. Nor do I want to add roster bodies for this year

Asher 08-04-2013 03:06 PM

"At first glance Edmonton would be an odd place for Miller to go, but do understand Miller wants a shot to show his worth this year both to prove the Sabres wrong and to win the USA Olympic starting or backup spot," the site says.

The eklund "style," where he writes as if he's either spoken to the player directly or has some sort of psychic connection with him. It's always good for a laugh. :laugh:

gallagt01 08-04-2013 03:09 PM

I don't have any inclination that this will actually happen, but to play along, I wonder if Regier could finagle Hemsky and Hartikainen for Miller.

is the answer jesus 08-04-2013 03:14 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the oilers were interested in Miller but they won't give up considerable assets for an upcoming UFA, especially when they have a good young goalie already in place in Dubnyk.

Sabre the Win 08-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 69918167)
I think the availability of the prospects would be the sticking point. Forget about Miller - I think he would waive to go anywhere at this point.

However, thinking more into it.... We need scoring wingers.... I could see us taking Hemsky as a dump if we got a couple prospects. I just don't think it happens with Edmonton. Nor do I want to add roster bodies for this year

You wouldn't be saying that If Hemsky just needs a change of scenery and we get him playing like in his first 4 season where he respectively had 2 seasons at 70+ points

TehDoak 08-04-2013 03:18 PM

The validity of the rumor aside, Hemsky doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Pegula has gone on record that work ethic is the most important thing for any of his players from this point out. Hemsky does not fit that at all. I would imagine that the Sabres would rather retain salary that bring on a player who is historically known to float. Especially with alot of young forwards on the team.

A deal with Edmonton would involve Dubnyk coming back, and likely some prospects.

Hemsky makes zero sense for the Sabres organizationally, and even if this were coming from a much more respected taking head, it wouldn't make any more sense.

Rasmus Reichel 08-04-2013 03:18 PM

Give us hemsky and a 1st. Hemsky takes vanek spot, puts up some points, and is traded at the deadline for more futures ;)

Asher 08-04-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallagt01 (Post 69918229)
I don't have any inclination that this will actually happen, but to play along, I wonder if Regier could finagle Hemsky and Hartikainen for Miller.

You realize Hartikainen just signed a 2 year deal to play for a KHL team, right?

dotcommunism 08-04-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe (Post 69918429)
You wouldn't be saying that If Hemsky just needs a change of scenery and we get him playing like in his first 4 season where he respectively had 2 seasons at 70+ points

Hemsky's been pretty ineffective and injured the past two seasons and it's not like he's suddenly getting younger or becoming less of a perimeter player. That said adding him as a body if they move an NHL winger or two might not be the worst idea

Sabre the Win 08-04-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotcommunism (Post 69918605)
Hemsky's been pretty ineffective and injured the past two seasons and it's not like he's suddenly getting younger or becoming less of a perimeter player. That said adding him as a body if they move an NHL winger or two might not be the worst idea

Even if he doesn't ever return to form, he can still play his roll as a garbage can and help towards the Sabres tanking into a 1st overall pick lol

gallagt01 08-04-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher (Post 69918537)
You realize Hartikainen just signed a 2 year deal to play for a KHL team, right?

Clearly not.

MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD 08-04-2013 03:39 PM

Does Hemsky actually have a tangible bad rep or is it assumption?

Asher 08-04-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason (Post 69919089)
Does Hemsky actually have a tangible bad rep or is it assumption?

The part about him being a perimeter player is certainly false.



Most of injuries over the years happened because he's not a perimeter player and defenders would beat the crap out of him for it.

jBuds 08-04-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe (Post 69918429)
You wouldn't be saying that If Hemsky just needs a change of scenery and we get him playing like in his first 4 season where he respectively had 2 seasons at 70+ points

I mean....if the player has one or two years left on his deal, I'm pretty sure I'm saying it regardless of the player coming back here.

THIS IS THE ASSESSMENT YEAR. give the ice time to younger guys and let's see what we'll need to address this time next year.

Hemsky does nothing for us short term or long term.

HockeyH3aven 08-04-2013 03:52 PM

Anything with hockeybuzz and rumor in it should be instantly locked.

dma0034 08-04-2013 03:53 PM

Maybe Miller for Hemsky and the rights for Omark?

Sabre the Win 08-04-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 69919523)
Anything with hockeybuzz and rumor in it should be instantly locked.

Yeah I don't know how legit the site is but still Rotoworld picked up on it and posted it which lead me to hockeybuzz. Rotoworld has been one of my key sites for anything fantasy hockey related and they are pretty good.

Rasmus Reichel 08-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 69919559)
Maybe Miller for Hemsky and the rights for Omark?

Not enough, omarks a throw in at this point. I'd want hemsky+prospect+omark

Asher 08-04-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe (Post 69919645)
Yeah I don't know how legit the site is but still Rotoworld picked up on it and posted it which lead me to hockeybuzz. Rotoworld has been one of my key sites for anything fantasy hockey related and they are pretty good.

This the slowest time of the year for NHL GM's (outside of something like Christmas Day). They're out on vacation, not trying to swing deals for 5-6M players. This rumor is made up.

Paxon 08-04-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 69919559)
Maybe Miller for Hemsky and the rights for Omark?

Omark's an AHL player in North America, I doubt he comes back. Now that they have Boyd Gordon, Lander would be a decent piece along with a pick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.