HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #11 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1480673)

BillyShoe1721 08-05-2013 07:24 PM

Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #11
 
1. C Scott Laughton(77.36%)
2. D Samuel Morin(59.70%)
3. D Robert Hagg(69.74%)
4. D Shayne Gostisbehere(66.30%)
5. G Anthony Stolarz(48.15%)
6. C Nick Cousins(77.22%)
7. RW Petr Straka(39.17%)
8. LW Tye McGinn(63.33%)
9. C/RW Jason Akeson(28.28%)
10. D Mark Alt(36.36%)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

BernieParent 08-05-2013 08:05 PM

1 vote for wee Kylie Flanagan, the Phantom Leprechaun.

bp spec 08-05-2013 08:30 PM

Marcel Noebels

FlyersFan61290 08-05-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp spec (Post 69956321)
Marcel Noebels

This, probably Leier next.

Ironmanrulez 08-05-2013 11:23 PM

Noebels, but i see him a lot higher.... Next Lauridsen, because of the serious injury of Leier last season:cry:

Cuiff 08-06-2013 07:16 AM

The Dane showed he could play in the NHL last year. He made some mistakes but those will be corrected with playing time. Ranking him this low is a disgrace

FlyersFan61290 08-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli (Post 69966449)
The Dane showed he could play in the NHL last year. He made some mistakes but those will be corrected with playing time. Ranking him this low is a disgrace

Lauridsen is an ok AHL d-man, he's not an NHL player right now. He's got potential to be a solid 3rd pairing guy but he's not there yet and being as though everyone we've ranked above has a higher ceiling I don't get what is the disgrace? I don't get where this he showed he can play in the NHL is coming from. He played 15 minutes per game for 15 games in a shortened season when the whole team played like garbage with a crap load of injuries on d when the team didn't have any real options and he admittedly played ok but that doesn't mean he's an NHL d-man.


Lauridsen is very over rated by some on here, I mean someone actually voted for him in the #1 poll and in subsequent polls :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers 08-06-2013 08:30 AM

Went with Bourdon again. Confused as to why some people are saying if he was healthy he would be in the NHL, but then don't vote for him ni these polls. I get not voting for him at the top of the list, but the guys getting votes now are fringe NHLers at best.

Cuiff 08-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 69967221)
Lauridsen is an ok AHL d-man, he's not an NHL player right now. He's got potential to be a solid 3rd pairing guy but he's not there yet and being as though everyone we've ranked above has a higher ceiling I don't get what is the disgrace? I don't get where this he showed he can play in the NHL is coming from. He played 15 minutes per game for 15 games in a shortened season when the whole team played like garbage with a crap load of injuries on d when the team didn't have any real options and he admittedly played ok but that doesn't mean he's an NHL d-man.


Lauridsen is very over rated by some on here, I mean someone actually voted for him in the #1 poll and in subsequent polls :laugh:

Alt???? He has showen nothing...

Cyborg LeClair 08-06-2013 09:03 AM

Voted Bourdon. He looked like he could be a good 5-6 dman for us. He was physical, willing to fight for his teammates, got the puck to the net, and was pretty decent defensively.

It's a shame he's suffering through concussion symptoms. When I heard he was keeping it a secret for a while so he could still play for the Flyers, I knew I liked this guy, he has the heart to play for this team.

Flyotes 08-06-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli (Post 69966449)
The Dane showed he could play in the NHL last year. He made some mistakes but those will be corrected with playing time. Ranking him this low is a disgrace

I agree. I actually had him higher last time this was done-- but a few superior prospects with high upside push him down a bit. It's going a bit far the wrong direction. Once you get beyond the high pedigree guys and into the guys with promise, but lower pedigree, I have to vote for guys actually showing some sustain in the NHL. I'd have vote for MAB, but his injury..

jd2210 08-06-2013 09:44 AM

MAB. If Raffl doesn't qualify I say ad Johnston. I think now that he has made adjustment to pro he will take a big step this year and be a reliable guy in the AHL. He is lightning quick.

FlyersFan61290 08-06-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli (Post 69967449)
Alt???? He has showen nothing...

He was a 2nd round pick for a reason. He's got the tools, all that doesn't go out the window cause he hasn't had a pro career at 21 (22 yo late this yr). Before we say he hasn't shown anything why don't we let him develop a bit. Oliver is 24 and just saw NHL time and has about 150 pro games under his belt compared to Alt's six. All things considered you can't say Alt hasn't shown anything when hasn't been given a chance yet.

When Alt is 24 if he's doesn't look to have a better future then the Dane then I'll eat my words. Until then I'll go on potential.

Cuiff 08-06-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 69968867)
He was a 2nd round pick for a reason. He's got the tools, all that doesn't go out the window cause he hasn't had a pro career at 21 (22 yo late this yr). Before we say he hasn't shown anything why don't we let him develop a bit. Oliver is 24 and just saw NHL time and has about 150 pro games under his belt compared to Alt's six. All things considered you can't say Alt hasn't shown anything when hasn't been given a chance yet.

When Alt is 24 if he's doesn't look to have a better future then the Dane then I'll eat my words. Until then I'll go on potential.

He was a disapointment in college.

BernieParent 08-06-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 69967265)
Went with Bourdon again. Confused as to why some people are saying if he was healthy he would be in the NHL, but then don't vote for him ni these polls. I get not voting for him at the top of the list, but the guys getting votes now are fringe NHLers at best.

The perspective you mentioned made me not vote for Bourdon since, according to this logic, he isn't really a prospect but a player who would otherwise be in the Flyers line-up were it not for PCS. He already made the leap for all intents and purposes.

BillyShoe1721 08-06-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli (Post 69971579)
He was a disapointment in college.

By all accounts, he had a decent freshman year, and then took a big step in his sophomore year, over doubling his point total. Everyone is so giddy about Gostisbehere putting up 22 and 26 points in a worse conference, Alt put up 22 points in arguably the best conference in the country. That's certainly something. Then he took a step back in his junior year, and you're writing him off.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-06-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 69972473)
The perspective you mentioned made me not vote for Bourdon since, according to this logic, he isn't really a prospect but a player who would otherwise be in the Flyers line-up were it not for PCS. He already made the leap for all intents and purposes.

Well if that's the case then I suggest we take him off the list for the next go-round, because I don't see how people can all agree that he is an NHL-level player, then proceed to vote for Mark Alt and Marcel Noebles over him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 08-06-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 69972533)
By all accounts, he had a decent freshman year, and then took a big step in his sophomore year, over doubling his point total. Everyone is so giddy about Gostisbehere putting up 22 and 26 points in a worse conference, Alt put up 22 points in arguably the best conference in the country. That's certainly something. Then he took a step back in his junior year, and you're writing him off.

Alt was also dealing with a very personal matter at the time in his junior year that he didn't tell anyone about until his season ended. I think he can be forgiven that he didn't want a personal matter to affect the rest of the team.

As for this prospect spot, I chose Taylor Leier. The previous season, he was used exclusively in a checking role. This past season, he was given more of a scoring role and scored 30 goals while playing exceptional defense. I have high expectations for Leier that he can be a Jere Lehtinen-type forward in the NHL.

tymed 08-06-2013 02:49 PM

Leier for the 3rd time, regardless of the Throwers hit. As mentioned above, I have Lehtinen and Jokinen both in mind when I think about his rounded game.

Id go MAB but between him already having looked like a regular, and the brutal concussion, 'Im just gonna dodge him for now and hope he recovers. He was a really exciting pick.

GoneFullHextall 08-06-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 69967265)
Went with Bourdon again. Confused as to why some people are saying if he was healthy he would be in the NHL, but then don't vote for him ni these polls. I get not voting for him at the top of the list, but the guys getting votes now are fringe NHLers at best.

I am not voting for him because of his age. I dont think I am alone in that thinking.

hockeyfreak7 08-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 (Post 69974269)
Alt was also dealing with a very personal matter at the time in his junior year that he didn't tell anyone about until his season ended. I think he can be forgiven that he didn't want a personal matter to affect the rest of the team.

As for this prospect spot, I chose Taylor Leier. The previous season, he was used exclusively in a checking role. This past season, he was given more of a scoring role and scored 30 goals while playing exceptional defense. I have high expectations for Leier that he can be a Jere Lehtinen-type forward in the NHL.

I think both he and Noebels will be surprisingly effective bottom six players. Leier-Laughton-Noebels could be a terrific third line.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-06-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 69977817)
I am not voting for him because of his age. I dont think I am alone in that thinking.

He's younger than Lauridsen and less than a year older than McGinn and Akeson.

GoneFullHextall 08-06-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 69978063)
He's younger than Lauridsen and less than a year older than McGinn and Akeson.

my feelings tword Akeson are no secret.
I think in polls like this guidelines need to be set. At what age will players like Akeson and Bourdon no longer be considered prospects? 25? 26?

LegionOfDoom91 08-06-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 69978063)
He's younger than Lauridsen and less than a year older than McGinn and Akeson.

I believe HF has a total amount of games a player plays before they're not considered a prospect anymore. I want to say its 60 games?

Bourdon played 46 last year & would have went over the total this year if he was healthy. Barely anyone on here considers him a prospect anymore that's why he's not receiving much votes.

Beef Invictus 08-06-2013 03:51 PM

I voted for him to make DFF happy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.