HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: 2014 WJC Discussion [Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce invited to Camp] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1480699)

thefeebster 08-05-2013 08:31 PM

2014 WJC Discussion [Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce invited to Camp]
 
2014 IIHF U20 WJC Tournament
December 26, 2013 - January 5, 2014
Malmö, Sweden


http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/111/kdce.jpg

Brossard, Quebec Camp - August 3-4, 2013
-Involves only Team Canada; Aug 3 was simply a practice, Aug 4 scrimmage
-Horvat tallied one primary assist on a Monahan goal.
-Highlights and updates can be found on TSN.

Aug 4 Scrimmage Lines

Team White:
Jankowski - MacKinnon - Wilson
Domi - McDavid - Reinhart
Mantha - Gauthier - Rychel
Gaunce

Rielly - Heatherington
Finn - Pulock
Reinhart - Morrissey

Team Red:
Horvat - Monahan - Lazar
Shinkaruk - Laughton - Hudon
Leipsic - Petan - Poirier
Rupert - Girard

Nurse - Dumba
Pouliot - Severson
Koekkoek - Matheson

---------------------------------------------------------

Lake Placid Evaluation Camp - August 4-10, 2013

Rosters: Team USA White/Team USA Blue/Team USA after cuts - Team Canada - Team Sweden - Team Finland

Team Canada Schedule:
Aug. 7: Canada vs. Finland — 1 p.m. - http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/game/show/5419463
Aug. 8: Canada vs. Sweden — 4:15 p.m. http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/game/show/5419468
Aug. 10: USA vs. Canada — 1 p.m. http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/game/show/5419469

Streams: Only paid streams available on FASTHockey.com

Twitter Updates:
Camp News: Mark Masters TSN for Canada, Chris Peters for Team USA, Adam Kimelman, Corey Pronman
Canuck Prospects: Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce

PRNuck 08-05-2013 08:39 PM

Nicely put together, thanks Feebs! Did you make that picture?

thefeebster 08-05-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRNuck (Post 69956631)
Nicely put together, thanks Feebs! Did you make that picture?

Yessir! Hopefully we see them all in that jersey!

canuck4life16 08-05-2013 08:44 PM

I don't think gaunce being the extra forwards mean nothing.....it seem TC just have an overload of center

StringerBell 08-05-2013 09:00 PM

Too bad they're all paid streams. Any thoughts on what should be the better game out of Canada-Sweden and Canada-USA?

jammyrft 08-05-2013 09:56 PM

Great thread Feebs.



My thoughts initially are BoHo and HuSh make the team while Gaunce narrowly misses. No matter how it pans out it will be great to watch some Nucks prospects in a Canadian jersey again!

Mdmopa1 08-05-2013 10:04 PM

I'll be heading up to the Adirondack Mountains this weekend. If I can find some time to head over to Lake Placid (only an hour away) to catch one of the games, ill be sure to give you guys my input on how our prospects played.

ddawg1950 08-05-2013 10:29 PM

Apparently Hirvat made a sweet pass for Monagan's 1st goal.

StringerBell 08-05-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg1950 (Post 69960377)
Apparently Hirvat made a sweet pass for Monagan's 1st goal.

Nothing special. He was carrying the puck down the LW on a 3-on-1 and passed it cross ice. The highlight is on TSN.

ddawg1950 08-05-2013 11:19 PM

Well, after watching the highlights, I'd have to say that Apparently, the pass was a little behind Monahan.

So, yeah not that sweet.

Shouldn't believe everything I read on twitter.

Ronning On Empty 08-05-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammyrft (Post 69959475)
Great thread Feebs.



My thoughts initially are BoHo and HuSh make the team while Gaunce narrowly misses. No matter how it pans out it will be great to watch some Nucks prospects in a Canadian jersey again!

It would really suck if Gaunce didn't make it, but there is a lot of competition. Hope he gets the spot over Gauthier. He can offer more of a polished game compared to recent draftees, and the coaching staff should take advantage of that.

If we take Mackinnon and Monahan off the potentially available list, then the road should be clear to secure a spot. Only McDavid and perhaps Laughton/Horvat can be seen as superior choices at C.

Bieksa#3 08-05-2013 11:39 PM

I'm guessing all the exhibition games will be played on NA size ice surfaces?

PRNuck 08-05-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg1950 (Post 69961749)
Well, after watching the highlights, I'd have to say that Apparently, the pass was a little behind Monahan.

So, yeah not that sweet.

Shouldn't believe everything I read on twitter.

As embarrassed as I am to participate in overanalyzing this stuff (an activity that I regularly mock), I'd say it was a decent cross ice pass (wouldn't go so far as to call it sweet) that Monahan bobbled. You can hear the puck hit his blade, sounds like when I receive a pass :laugh:

BrandonL 08-06-2013 01:01 AM

Why would TSN/TSN2 not broadcast these games?

What else do you have to air right now besides the odd CFL/MLS game?

Reverend Mayhem 08-06-2013 01:36 AM

Great thread. Anyone like Jankowski's chances this year? Hopefully Dumba has a better camp this year.

Jyrki 08-06-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonlee (Post 69963507)
Why would TSN/TSN2 not broadcast these games?

What else do you have to air right now besides the odd CFL/MLS game?

To be fair... it doesn't sound exciting if you're not a hardcore hockey fan.

How Ya Drouin 08-06-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyC (Post 69963915)
To be fair... it doesn't sound exciting if you're not a hardcore hockey fan.

I've seen TSN have fishing shows, lumberjack competitions, and ping-pong tourneys. :shakehead :help:

Point is, it can't be any worse than the other time fillers they put on, can it?

EDIT: So we don't go off-topic on too many posts... @Below post, yes, that too

Jyrki 08-06-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JI123 (Post 69963955)
I've seen TSN have fishing shows, lumberjack competitions, and ping-pong tourneys. :shakehead :help:

Point is, it can't be any worse than the other time fillers they put on, can it?

Dunno, but I wish I knew what kind of ratings TSN got for airing world darts tournaments. :laugh:

StringerBell 08-06-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleach Clean (Post 69961777)
It would really suck if Gaunce didn't make it, but there is a lot of competition. Hope he gets the spot over Gauthier. He can offer more of a polished game compared to recent draftees, and the coaching staff should take advantage of that.

If we take Mackinnon and Monahan off the potentially available list, then the road should be clear to secure a spot. Only McDavid and perhaps Laughton/Horvat can be seen as superior choices at C.

I wouldn't be so quick to take Monahan off. Even if he sticks with the Flames I expect they'd release him for the WJC.

Ronning On Empty 08-06-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 69964563)
I wouldn't be so quick to take Monahan off. Even if he sticks with the Flames I expect they'd release him for the WJC.


Mackinnon might be the only lock not to play, but Drouin, Reinhart, Dumba, Monahan and Wilson will all be debatable as their parent club has to weigh the potential risk of injury vs. their current NHL use. I wouldn't expect CGY to release Monahan if he's giving them NHL minutes. I don't see how it benefits them.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 08-06-2013 09:10 AM

You guys think Monahan makes the Flames team? I thought he was still a bit undersized and is unable to compensate as he has average speed. Would probably get hurt playing in the NHL.

JoeCool16 08-06-2013 09:21 AM

I think he COULD make the team, if he has a good camp, exhibitions and first few NHL games. If he struggles or falters at all early on then I don't think they're going to let him work out those issues at the NHL level. He'll go back to junior if that's the case, and Calgary isn't making the playoffs this year anyway.

Luck 6 08-06-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 69967923)
You guys think Monahan makes the Flames team? I thought he was still a bit undersized and is unable to compensate as he has average speed. Would probably get hurt playing in the NHL.

I think he has a good chance. He was touted to be one of the more, if not the most, complete player in the draft so you'd think he could make the NHL in some capacity. If he has a good camp I'm pretty sure they'll keep him on, it also gives Flames fans a reason to be excited and a reason to watch considering they are at the start of a re-build.

arsmaster* 08-06-2013 09:30 AM

Calgary is going to suck, Monahan is definitely good enough to make that squad, but the question is: will playing next season on the Flames be best for his development?

I think they'll probably loan him out for the WJC anyways.

PRNuck 08-06-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 69967923)
You guys think Monahan makes the Flames team? I thought he was still a bit undersized and is unable to compensate as he has average speed. Would probably get hurt playing in the NHL.

I personally hope he does because a) it ups Gaunce's chance to make the WJC squad and b) I'd lol at them for rushing their prospects. Judging by sports radio here, opinions are mixed as to whether they want him with the big club or not this year. Most of the idiots calling in to the radio are still just lamenting that they didn't tank harder and missed out on getting Seth Jones :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.