HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Draft day (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=148154)

RANGER#11 06-24-2005 04:52 PM

Draft day

Can any one tell me when the draft will be held? Thanks in advance.

Kovy274Hart 06-24-2005 05:05 PM

Probably in August on conference call unfortunately. Once the CBA is announced in a few days, that will speed up the process.

dedalus 06-24-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
on conference call unfortunately.

Hopefully the league will do something extra on the web to make up for the lack of an actual event.

barrel_master 06-24-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11

No one knows when it will be held. I imagine they'll make a lot of noise about it after the CBA is finished.

Radek27 06-24-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Hopefully the league will do something extra on the web to make up for the lack of an actual event.

Wasn't there something recently saying that a hi Ottawa official called or wrote Buttman saying that they could host the NHL draft on short notice if in fact the agreement is as close as everyone is speculating?

NYR469 06-24-2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27
Wasn't there something recently saying that a hi Ottawa official called or wrote Buttman saying that they could host the NHL draft on short notice if in fact the agreement is as close as everyone is speculating?

i heard rumors of them trying to reschedule something in ottawa but until you have a clue about the time frame of when the draft will be...they might be saying that can host it based on rumors that the cba will be signed in early july...but what if it doesn't get signed till the end of august?? their ability to host it might change then.

RANGER#11 06-25-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Probably in August on conference call unfortunately. Once the CBA is announced in a few days, that will speed up the process.

Why would they still not be able to put the first round on TV? no matter when it is held.

DarthSather99 06-25-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

That is one of most asked questions about the NHL. It's virtually impossible to answer because many things have to happen before they decide on the date. First off is agreeing to a CBA that has now taken almost a year to agree on. That HAS to get resolved first, rumors say 2 weeks to a month but who knows. After the CBA the owners will have to agree to a format of the draft positioning.

NYR469 06-25-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Why would they still not be able to put the first round on TV? no matter when it is held.

because if they don't have a venue and a stage and the players there what is the point. are you going to sit in front of the tv watching a conference call so you can see a video of sather talking on the phone?

Kovy274Hart 06-25-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
because if they don't have a venue and a stage and the players there what is the point. are you going to sit in front of the tv watching a conference call so you can see a video of sather talking on the phone?

They also wouldn't have a network in the States that would air it.

dedalus 06-25-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469

I think the best you could hope for would be live coverage on the web with player bios posted when they're slected and a couple of draft gurus posting commentary.