HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   East Ranking Precitions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1481653)

habfaninvictoria 08-07-2013 06:53 PM

East Ranking Precitions
 
There are a couple threads out there about our roster and whether MB is doing a good job or not. How bad the Briere signing is and we have no future.... so lets see it. Where will we finish in the East this year.

These 3 will be locks for a spot and race for the East

Pittsburg
Boston
NYI (it was not a fluke)

These 3 should easily make PO's but injuries may move them down a tier
Detroit
Wsh
Mtl

These are PO teams but will be in a battle right til the end
Ott
NYR

These 5 teams are strong enough to make playoffs but will come up short.
Toronto
Phi
CBJ
NJD
TBL (might be in next tier)

Thanks for coming out
Car
Buf
Fla

Interlagos Blue 08-07-2013 07:39 PM

I see us in the usual 6-8 position.

domdo345 08-07-2013 07:56 PM

locks:
Pittsburg
Boston

Will be fighting:
Detroit
Wsh
Mtl
NYI
Ott
NYR
Toronto
Phi
CBJ
NJD
TBL

Could surprise but probably out of the race early:
Car
Buf
Fla



Other than Boston and Pitts, it will be a dog fight all year me thinks. I would not be surprised to see the habs finishing first in division and I would not be surprised to see them finish 13th.

onemorecup* 08-07-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria (Post 70013779)
There are a couple threads out there about our roster and whether MB is doing a good job or not. How bad the Briere signing is and we have no future.... so lets see it. Where will we finish in the East this year.

These 3 will be locks for a spot and race for the East

Pittsburg
Boston
NYI (it was not a fluke)

These 3 should easily make PO's but injuries may move them down a tier
Detroit
Wsh
Mtl

These are PO teams but will be in a battle right til the end
Ott
NYR

These 5 teams are strong enough to make playoffs but will come up short.
Toronto
Phi
CBJ
NJD
TBL (might be in next tier)

Thanks for coming out
Car
Buf
Fla

Boston , Detroit , Ottawa

Pitt, Rangers , Flyers

we will be in a wildcard dogfight , I say we are 9th

SnapVirus 08-07-2013 08:34 PM

I dont think we will make the playoffs.

-Gallagher and Galchenyuk will probably hit their sophomore slump.

-We start the year with Emelin amd Gionta out.

-If DD and Maxpac plays like last year, it'll be a pain in the ass.

-I dont think Subban will win another Norris this year.

-Markov on a 82 games schedules will be tough to see.

-If we loose a Dman to injury it will be devastating. With Drewiske/Bouillon/Markov in the line-up.

-Is Tinordi ready?

-Wil Price be solid?

Lot of interrogations marks.

odishabs 08-07-2013 08:58 PM

we'll miss. Just my opinion.

Alexdaman 08-07-2013 09:24 PM

Every year is the same story, it's very hard to make a sound prediction before a quarter season as passed. So this year I decided to pick the top 8 teams in the eastern conference just by picking the top 8 teams with the highest cap hit. So I predict that next year the teams who will make the PO are:

philly
boston
pittsburgh
detroit
columbus
rangers
lightning
habs

Lars Mon Amour 08-07-2013 09:35 PM

"We won't make the playoffs! Forget it, this team sucks!"
"Too many smurfs, how can we even think about playoffs right now?!"
"Price sucks so does this team, no playoffs for the Montreal Cacanadiens this year!"

Blablabla...you guys remember when the Habs finished 10th in the Eastern Conference in 2006-2007 and the year after they finished? UH? YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

Remember when they finished last in this same conference and the next year they finished 2nd ahead of the Boston Bruins and even the New York Rangers who most people thought they would win the Cup? UH? YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

I don't like playing this kind of game, you know, making predictions but I'll do it this time...:D

1- Pittsburgh
2- Boston
3- New York Rangers
4- Washington Capitals
5- Detroit
6- Montreal
7- Ottawa
8- Columbus
9- Philadelphia
10- Toronto
11- New York Islanders
12- Tampa Bay
13- Carolina
14- New Jersey
15- Florida
16- Buffalo

habs03 08-07-2013 09:39 PM

Team will make the playoffs, but sadly not built for the playoffs, unless some moves are made, or guys really surprise, Tinordi paying top 4 minutes, Bealieau replace Daiz, and are side is added on RW.

thewall 08-07-2013 09:40 PM

I will guarantee you that Winnipeg won't make the playoffs in the EAST.. Willing to bet a million on it!

I bet Columbus has a better chance then WPG in the East :sarcasm:

Lars Mon Amour 08-07-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewall (Post 70017927)
I will guarantee you that Winnipeg won't make the playoffs in the EAST.. Willing to bet a million on it!

I bet Columbus has a better chance then WPG in the East :sarcasm:

Holy **** I never thought about it...my bad. :laugh: Thank you, sir!

Lafleurs Guy 08-07-2013 09:49 PM

1- Pittsburgh
2- Boston
3- Ottawa
4- Detroit
5- Rangers
6- Montreal
7- Capitals
8- Toronto
9- Islanders
10 - Columbus
11- Buffalo
12- Tampa Bay
13- Flyers
14- Carolina
15- Florida
16- New Jersey

AJMHABS 08-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue (Post 70014771)
I see us in the usual 6-8 position.

Pretty much, unless they fall off the face of the Earth and end up with a lottery pick.

elite1prospects 08-07-2013 10:08 PM

why does everyone have Carolina so low, there gona be a top team this year, book it!!

Chris Cutter 08-07-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapVirus (Post 70016107)
I dont think we will make the playoffs.

-Gallagher and Galchenyuk will probably hit their sophomore slump.

-We start the year with Emelin amd Gionta out.

-If DD and Maxpac plays like last year, it'll be a pain in the ass.

-I dont think Subban will win another Norris this year.

-Markov on a 82 games schedules will be tough to see.

-If we loose a Dman to injury it will be devastating. With Drewiske/Bouillon/Markov in the line-up.

-Is Tinordi ready?

-Wil Price be solid?

Lot of interrogations marks.

It's not like the sophmore slump is something inevitable for prospects, you can't consider that their production won't go up given the fact that their minutes will increase big time (looking at 2 to 3 more minutes a game).

Where are people getting that news about Gionta from? I keep seeing people bringing it up but I can't find anything on Twitter or the net that says he won't be ready by october.

So if Pacioretty plays like last year we're in trouble, you mean the same Pacioretty who was on pace for 70+ points in a 82 game schedule?

PK Subban might not win a Norris but I don't think that will be due to his game dropping in quality.

If Therrien manages his time (20 mins instead of 24 a night), Markov will be fine. He played around that many games if you count his season in the KHL.

If we lose a defenseman, I'm confident that Bergevin will go get reinforcements on the trade market.

Will Price be solid? More like will Price be healthy. Price was impeccable the first half of the season, after that his game slowly regressed to the point where we had an ugly slump because of his sub par performances. I'm confident that Waite will do wonders for him.


Let's wait and see before throwing in the towel. I could have a pleasure bumping those similar posts last season while I was hear being positive. There are always surprises in the NHL.

Alexdaman 08-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mover (Post 70017757)
"We won't make the playoffs! Forget it, this team sucks!"
"Too many smurfs, how can we even think about playoffs right now?!"
"Price sucks so does this team, no playoffs for the Montreal Cacanadiens this year!"

Blablabla...you guys remember when the Habs finished 10th in the Eastern Conference in 2006-2007 and the year after they finished? UH? YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

Remember when they finished last in this same conference and the next year they finished 2nd ahead of the Boston Bruins and even the New York Rangers who most people thought they would win the Cup? UH? YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

I don't like playing this kind of game, you know, making predictions but I'll do it this time...:D

1- Pittsburgh
2- Boston
3- New York Rangers
4- Washington Capitals
5- Detroit
6- Montreal
7- Ottawa
8- Columbus
9- Philadelphia
10- Toronto
11- New York Islanders
12- Tampa Bay
13- Carolina
14- New Jersey
15- Florida
16- Buffalo

Yes that's how you can recognize any habs fan prediction post.

Chris Cutter 08-07-2013 10:24 PM

Anyway as for my predictions:

1- Boston
2- Pittsburgh
3- Detroit
4- New York Islanders
5- Ottawa
6- Montreal
7- Ottawa
8- Toronto
9- Columbus
10- NYR
11- Philadelphia
12- Carolina
13- TB
14- New Jersey
15- Florida
16- Buffalo

Dekar 08-07-2013 10:25 PM

I already made predictions on the main board, but let's see if they're consistent with how I really feel. Conference seedings are in parentheses:

Atlantic
1. BOS (2)
2. OTT (3)
3. MTL (4)
4. DET (7)
5. TOR
6. TBL
7. BUF
8. FLA

Mediterranean
1. PIT (1)
2. WAS (5)
3. NJD (6)
4. NYR (8)
5. NYI
6. PHI
7. CBJ
8. CAR

Lars Mon Amour 08-07-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 70019013)
Yes that's how you can recognize any habs fan prediction post.

Look who's talking...:sarcasm:

RyanBostonRedsox 08-07-2013 10:28 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't think Boston is a lock for the playoffs? What I mean is that I'm not so sure they will be a top team in the East.

SouthernHab 08-07-2013 10:30 PM

Wouldnt it be more interesting if playoff predictions were made by the top three teams in each division and then the prediction of the two wild card teams?

Gone are the days of the top 8. The third team in a division could easily be the 10th best team in the East and still qualify for the playoffs.

Like this for example......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekar (Post 70019125)
I already made predictions on the main board, but let's see if they're consistent with how I really feel. Conference seedings are in parentheses:

Atlantic
1. BOS (2)
2. OTT (3)
3. MTL (4)
4. DET (7)
5. TOR
6. TBL
7. BUF
8. FLA

Mediterranean
1. PIT (1)
2. WAS (5)
3. NJD (6)
4. NYR (8)
5. NYI
6. PHI
7. CBJ
8. CAR

Toronto could have a better record than the Rangers and will be in the playoffs.

My prediction will be 5 Atlantic teams and 3 Metro teams.

Team_Spirit 08-07-2013 10:31 PM

I don't see how you can doubt Diaz or Tinordi.

Diaz was really good before his concussion and i have no worry with him loggin 20 minutes every game. Turning 28, he will establish himself as a top 4 and put the concussion behind him. He is also our only R shot D not named Subban.

Tinordi showed he can handle the game at the top level and he's exactly the type of D we need. He show great mobility for a guy that big and he seems to inspire his teammate on the ice with a lot of talking and show promise leadership wise. He was also captain of his championship winning CHL team like Gorges and Bouillon.

Right now the projected D might look like this :

Markov L Subban R
Gorges L Diaz R
Tinordi L
Bouillon L
Drewski L

AHL
Beaulieu L Pateryn R


IR
Emelin L

Upfront i trust both Glachenyuk and Gallagher to keep producing. They always work hard and MT know how to handle them. Plus one father is a former soviet old school player/spy and the other is pro trainer. I think the Vets will be fine again then there's a bit of mystery like Gionta(long injury) DD,Briere and Eller (injury impact)

In net Price will come out strong and forget about last year slump.

And Budaj

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...pscfaa7435.gif

Roulin 08-07-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elite1prospects (Post 70018679)
why does everyone have Carolina so low, there gona be a top team this year, book it!!

Agreed. Ward should be better than .908, and should play a decent number of games. Justin Faulk is poised to have a breakout year. The top end of their forward group is great, and all in their primes.

Lafleurs Guy 08-07-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roulin (Post 70019675)
Agreed. Ward should be better than .908, and should play a decent number of games. Justin Faulk is poised to have a breakout year. The top end of their forward group is great, and all in their primes.

Eric Staal was hurt pretty badly at the Worlds... Don't know what his status is but he's a huge part of that team. If he's hurt I don't see how they make the playoffs.

Habs13 08-07-2013 10:56 PM

13-15


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.