HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NHL 14 Help (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1481715)

Swic21 08-07-2013 10:30 PM

NHL 14 Help

Hey guys I'm a Flyers fan coming in peace. I joined a NHL 14 GMC league as the Nashville Predators. Now being a huge Flyers fan I really don't know much at all about the west and Nashville is one of the least covered teams in the league even though they have such amazing upside.
The defense for the future looks absolutely insane. Super solid and will kill it. That's the main reason I picked this team. Now I don't want to both you guys with a novel here lol, so is there any advice you guys can give? Line combos or guys that need to be traded? I realize its just a game but I am fairly competitive and wanna dominate lol. I love having big physical teams so any players that fit that role aside from Gaustad? Any help would be awesome lol.

ffwrx 08-08-2013 08:00 AM

With the game being different from real life it is hard to know until some of us see the game.

I Will Son 08-08-2013 03:55 PM

How do you have NHL 14?

Swic21 08-08-2013 05:22 PM

Well I don't have NHL 14 yet lol. I joined a a league that will be starting once NHL 14 comes out. I did this last year with the Penguins and got awesome feed backf from them even though I am a Flyers fan lol.

predshabs 08-09-2013 02:25 AM

Here goes three scenarios for you one with two youngsters making the team on offense one with only one and the third just something I would do if I was making my team on NHL 14

Wilson-Watson-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Fisher-Forsberg
Bourque-Cullen-Legwand
Nystrtom-Gaustad-Hendricks

or

Wilson-Cullen-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Fisher-Forsberg
Bourque-Legwand-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Hendricks

or

Stalberg-Wilson-Forsberg
Bourque-Fisher-Hornqvist
Legwand-Cullen-Smith
Nystorm-Gaustad-Hendricks/Clune

It will depends on how good they see the younger players as to where you can put them. Because sometimes I believe they give younger players a lot lower overall than deserved.

Persona5 08-09-2013 08:25 AM

If the game is anything like NHL 13 just trade any player that isn't at least 84 speed for any other player that is at least 86+ speed. Do this and you can win. That is my advice. :)

Swic21 08-09-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predshabs (Post 70053023)
Here goes three scenarios for you one with two youngsters making the team on offense one with only one and the third just something I would do if I was making my team on NHL 14

Wilson-Watson-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Fisher-Forsberg
Bourque-Cullen-Legwand
Nystrtom-Gaustad-Hendricks

or

Wilson-Cullen-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Fisher-Forsberg
Bourque-Legwand-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Hendricks

or

Stalberg-Wilson-Forsberg
Bourque-Fisher-Hornqvist
Legwand-Cullen-Smith
Nystorm-Gaustad-Hendricks/Clune

It will depends on how good they see the younger players as to where you can put them. Because sometimes I believe they give younger players a lot lower overall than deserved.

Thanks a lot man this is a huge help. Who is Watson though lol? What's the scouting report on him? I love the line combos tho man. Any scrappers on this team? Either prospects or in the AHL?
And I will be absolutely putting any touted forward prospects in the line up immediately regardless of rating because if you don't in these games they never get good.

GwtGlads2013 08-09-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 70041257)
Well I don't have NHL 14 yet lol. I joined a a league that will be starting once NHL 14 comes out. I did this last year with the Penguins and got awesome feed backf from them even though I am a Flyers fan lol.

Is that grounds for treason in Philly fandom?

Swic21 08-09-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 (Post 70064579)
Is that grounds for treason in Philly fandom?

Lmao believe me man I didn't wanna do it. But I'm a realist and I understood that lots of Pens players have tons of value. Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Neal, Kunitz, Letang, Orpik, Martin, Cooke, Kennedy, Niskanen, were all traded lol. So they weren't even the Penguins anymore. The other Philly teams in the league didn't let me hear the end of it.

predshabs 08-10-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 70058843)
Thanks a lot man this is a huge help. Who is Watson though lol? What's the scouting report on him? I love the line combos tho man. Any scrappers on this team? Either prospects or in the AHL?
And I will be absolutely putting any touted forward prospects in the line up immediately regardless of rating because if you don't in these games they never get good.

Here is our top two prospects, got the info from top shelf prospects:Nashville Predators
Quote:

Filip Forsberg, RW/LW,
Born Aug 13 1994; Ostervala, Sweden
Height 6.02 — Weight 176 — Shoots Right
Drafted in the 1st round of the 2012 NHL Draft, 11th Overall by the Washington Capitals,
Traded to the Nashville Predators in April 2013

Forsberg is a versatile forward, capable of playing either wing position. Some scouts say he’s a power forward in the making, and he certainly tries to play that style of game. He’s willing to hit opponents, throw his body around, and drive the net. Prior to the 2012 Draft Forsberg was very skinny, and his ability to stand up to the rigors of the NHL playing that power forward style was certainly questioned. However Forsberg has used the last year to improve in this area, he’s not 100% of the way there yet, but is much improved. He still will need to add some muscle to his frame before he’s ready for the rigors of the NHL on a nigh

Forsberg is not all power though, as he is also extremely skilled. He’s got an excellent shot with a very quick and deceptive release that often fools goaltenders. He is also a very talented passer and is able to threading the needle through sticks and skates, and make crafty saucer passes at times to give linemates high quality scoring opportunities. Forsberg is also talented stickhandler and adept at using his body to protect the puck and extend plays to allow his teammates time to get open. If there is a criticism it is that he can sometimes seem to forget about these skills and develop a sort of tunnel vision where he shoots everything on net. This seems to happen if his team really needs a goal, or if he is in a slump. He will need to correct this and continue to be patient and play a smart game in key moments. It is something he should improve with maturity.

Forsberg is a hardworking, willing backchecker. He has good defensive awareness and is effective in all three zones on the ice. He understands defensive positioning and is a good shot blocker and is able to effectively cut down passing lanes as well as an opponent’s time and space. With his defensive game, and his offensive potential, I would expect that he will be given every opportunity in training camp to start next season with the big club.

Austin Watson, Right Wing/Centre
Born Jan 13 1992 — Ann Arbor, MI
Height 6.03 — Weight 187 — Shoots R

Watson is a big forward who is extremely versatile; and is capable of playing both Centre and Wing. The Predators have seemed to want to develop Watson as a centre, playing him almost exclusively there in the AHL. He has many of the skills of a prototypical power forward, as Watson loves to use his size, balance, good speed, and powerful skating stride to take defenders wide and drive the puck hard to the net. When he gets to the net, Watson uses his soft hands to get the puck by the goaltender.
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/07/...e-predators-2/

Scrappers: We have Hendricks and Clune. Nystrom will fight as well. Both Hendricks and Nystrom are new to our team so we have not seen them yet just know them from previous years.

Spaling is another player on our roster that I did not use on any of my rosters. He is a solid third line player. Hope this helps.

Swic21 08-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predshabs (Post 70084119)
Here is our top two prospects, got the info from top shelf prospects:Nashville Predators

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/07/...e-predators-2/

Scrappers: We have Hendricks and Clune. Nystrom will fight as well. Both Hendricks and Nystrom are new to our team so we have not seen them yet just know them from previous years.

Spaling is another player on our roster that I did not use on any of my rosters. He is a solid third line player.

Thanks a lot man :)! Huge help!

predshabs 08-11-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swic21 (Post 70095665)
Thanks a lot man :)! Huge help!

good luck