HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bobby Ryan's Potential (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1481863)

ScottyGreene 08-08-2013 10:18 AM

Bobby Ryan's Potential

I was looking over Bobby Ryans career statistics and the goals/points:time-on-ice ratio is impressive to say the least.

Here's a few of his season milestones after 4 1/2 year's in the NHL:

4x 30+ goal-scorer
1x 35 goal-scorer
4x 55+ point-scorer
1x 70+ point scorer

All while being used as a #3-4 winger, averaging just over 16 minutes a game and hardly ever being used on the Power-play.

As a #1 winger playing with a guy like Spezz what's this kid's ceiling? He's only 26 and he's about to see ice-time like he's never seen before in his NHL career.

Could he be a PPG player?

Does he have 40-goal potential? What about 50?

After watching more then a few highlight reels and speaking to a couple Ducks fans I'm really excited to see what he can do this year. Some of the things they all seemed to agree on were that he's a:

-Big hitter

-A heart and soul guy that give 100% every shift

-A consistent finisher with very soft hands

-And a strong player with the puck

I've even had a handful of fans tell me they'd rather have given up Perry then Ryan. :hyper:

As far as totals go, I don't think a 40-goal/80-point season would be much of a stretch for somebody with as much talent as he has. What do you guys think?

Smeddy 08-08-2013 10:20 AM

With a healthy Spez and Karlsson I can definitely see him scoring 40 goals. I think some point in his career, if everything goes right, he could maybe score 50.

poba99 08-08-2013 10:26 AM

I believe he could reach career highs with spezza of they both don't get injured.

CanadianHockey 08-08-2013 10:31 AM

Could put up a career year if Spezza's healthy and Ryan and Spezza (and Karlsson) gel really well. I'll say if that happens he could be in the hunt for the Richard.

More reasonably, I think we ought to expect 30-35 goals, with around 60 points.

Proust 08-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyGreene (Post 70027835)
-A heart and soul guy that give 100% every shift

Not true. In fact, this was his biggest criticism. If he was a 100%-every-shift guy, with his combination of size and skill, he would be in the top 10 in scoring every year.

ScottyGreene 08-08-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proust (Post 70028331)
Not true. In fact, this was his biggest criticism. If he was a 100%-every-shift guy, with his combination of size and skill, he would be in the top 10 in scoring every year.

I'm looking through some 'Bobby Ryan' threads posted on the Anaheim boards right now and the consensus seems to be that he's a streaky goal-scorer and can fall off the map from time to time.

Could this be contributed to him never receiving consistent top-line/PP minutes or was he just inconsistent?

Pilgore88 08-08-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyGreene (Post 70028783)
I'm looking through some 'Bobby Ryan' threads posted on the Anaheim boards right now and the consensus seems to be that he's a streaky goal-scorer and can fall off the map from time to time.

Could this be contributed to him never receiving consistent top-line/PP minutes or was he just inconsistent?

I believe it is a combination of both. Should do better with top flight minutes, but has always been a streaky scorer.

Mika Zibanejad 08-08-2013 11:11 AM

hopefully once turiss finishis's his goal streak, ryan can start his and so on. :nod:

Icelevel 08-08-2013 11:35 AM

well a lot of things are in place for a big year to happen.
healthy spezza and karlsson, michalek(?), wants to prove anaheim wrong, spezza wants to prove hockey canada wrong, hell the whole damn team probably feels like they have something to prove, karlsson wants to get back to being karlsson, bobby prime age, team's prime age, etc.

I can see 40 goals from him on spezza's wing and possibly 50. it all depends on spezza's health. It really just comes down to that one thing. If spezza stays healthy, then i say... look out. can't even see him getting less than 30. not a bad floor to work up from.

Senators65 08-08-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 70029959)
well a lot of things are in place for a big year to happen.
healthy spezza and karlsson, michalek(?), wants to prove anaheim wrong, spezza wants to prove hockey canada wrong, hell the whole damn team probably feels like they have something to prove, karlsson wants to get back to being karlsson, bobby prime age, team's prime age, etc.

I can see 40 goals from him on spezza's wing and possibly 50. it all depends on spezza's health. It really just comes down to that one thing. If spezza stays healthy, then i say... look out. can't even see him getting less than 30. not a bad floor to work up from.

Why would a healthy spezza, karlsson and michalek want to prove anaheim wrong?

TeamRenzo 08-08-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens4Ever22 (Post 70030341)
Why would a healthy spezza, karlsson and michalek want to prove anaheim wrong?

Its a list of why Bobby will excel this year. You will notice the comma after michalek

Benny FTW 08-08-2013 12:17 PM

35 goals 40 assists 75 points

More important player + More icetime = more production.

newerabegins 08-08-2013 01:11 PM

I think his potential is 40-45 goals and 70-80 points.

aragorn 08-08-2013 01:29 PM

Wow, we have one thread that has Zibanejad getting 60 pts, this one has Ryan getting 70 pts, most expect Spezza to have 80 plus pts & Karlsson to have about the same. If everybody else does exactly what they did last yr we should be a first place team. :laugh:

poba99 08-08-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aragorn (Post 70033585)
Wow, we have one thread that has Zibanejad getting 60 pts, this one has Ryan getting 70 pts, most expect Spezza to have 80 plus pts & Karlsson to have about the same. If everybody else does exactly what they did last yr we should be a first place team. :laugh:

I'm expecting zibanejad to get 60 points in a couple more seasons when he has reached his prime. Next season I'm expecting close to 35 points from him while playing centre on the third line. However for Ryan Karlsson and Spezza it all depends if they stay healthy and there injuries from last season don't return.

Benny FTW 08-08-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aragorn (Post 70033585)

You're confusing "could get" with "will get".

Rals 08-08-2013 01:59 PM

70 goals.

and 3 foot stomps.

BOBBY RYAN!!!!!!!!

Karl Cowensson 08-08-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poba99 (Post 70033941)
I'm expecting zibanejad to get 60 points in a couple more seasons when he has reached his prime. Next season I'm expecting close to 35 points from him while playing centre on the third line. However for Ryan Karlsson and Spezza it all depends if they stay healthy and there injuries from last season don't return.

35-40 points based on how Zbad played last season would but great (and not at all unreasonable) IMO, especially with 3rd line mins.

Definitely expecting 40+ goals and 80+ points out of Ryan if Spezza and Karlsson are healthy.

Vesa Awesaka 08-08-2013 02:55 PM

Franchise winger similar to Iginla could see him getting comparable numbers to what iggy got in his prime.

John Holmes* 08-08-2013 03:01 PM

I think that Ryan should start the season in Binghamton so he can play first line minutes and develop.

The Senators are building for the future. Player development is more important at this point than wins or playoff success.

M4TR1X 08-08-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Holmes (Post 70036729)
I think that Ryan should start the season in Binghamton so he can play first line minutes and develop.

The Senators are building for the future. Player development is more important at this point than wins or playoff success.

Are you serious? :huh:

Senators65 08-08-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

:facepalm: I hope this is sarcasm.

Vesa Awesaka 08-08-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

AHL? That has to be the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. ECHL or bust bro.:sarcasm:

ScottyGreene 08-08-2013 04:41 PM

I really doubt he was serious. :laugh:

Goat Boy 08-08-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

:laugh:

It's funny because its the sort of thing you'd totally expect someone on here to say. ;)