HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats ( #39 Overall 2013 Import Draft) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1483651)

WildcatMapleLeafs28 08-12-2013 11:21 AM

LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats ( #39 Overall 2013 Import Draft)

He's confirmed to be joining the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). Any info on this kid ? What type of player ? Where will he go in the 2014 NHL draft ? What kind of impact in major junior ? Potential ?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=211956

There's some video of him at the bottom left of this link...

http://moncton-wildcats.com/

Thoughts ?

* I had this in the prospects section but didn't get a single response so figured I'd give it a try here.

Caser 08-12-2013 05:32 PM

Can I haz a link with the confirmation that he is joining Wildcats? Because last time I heard, he wasn't sure if he should leave Omsk.

I would say he reminds me of an advanced version of Sergey Tolchinsky: he is a smart attacking winger, has a lot of skill and sure knows how to get on the scoresheet. Needs to gain strength.

About the draft, it is really hard to predict now, as the season hasn't even started. Also the Russian Factor and his lack of strength could make him fall down the list. But if we are judging just by the talent, then I would say 2-nd round.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 08-12-2013 07:32 PM

Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTH...ylWpksm81cd16g

Atas2000 08-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 70146107)
Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTH...ylWpksm81cd16g

I hope for him he stays in Russia. It's his attitude. He thinks he deserves a spot on the big team. This kid really has no idea about grown ups hockey yet and has already got some expectations. He needs a brain installed. When he bolts now he will only have to face those wrong assumtions' results later, maybe too late.

Aside from that, he's a gifted player, a first rounder if everything goes well.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 08-14-2013 11:34 AM

It was reported in today's Times&Transcript by Neil Hodge that he's expected to join Moncton in early September after visa issues are resolved.

Caser 08-14-2013 04:13 PM

If he decided to go to NA, then I really hope that he and Barbashev will be able to continue with the chemistry they had at U-18 WJC :)

malkinfan 08-17-2013 01:18 AM

I thought in the Russian press he said he was training with Omsk and would "see" what happens after camp? Lets say he sticks with the big club, I cant see him going to CHL. Im not saying those reports are wrong Im just saying could their be a chance he changes his mind? Any insight from Russian posters? BTW He scored a goal yesterday in exhibition.

SoundAndFury 08-18-2013 04:23 AM

He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.

Frankly, if I was in his shoes I would stay in Omsk anyway because his KHL roster spot surely isn't three years (he would have to spend in the CHL) away.

malkinfan 08-19-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 70302225)
He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.

That's what I understood from SE interview a few weeks ago. But the CHL guys think its a done deal that he is going to the CHL. I guess we will have to see how it plays out. I think even though he is not ready (he does look super tiny out there) I think it would be wise for Omsk to keep him around (if he signs a multi year deal) Omsk can get a few really good seasons from him in the future (even if he is useless this season).

kp61c 08-19-2013 02:30 AM

he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl:amazed:?

SoundAndFury 08-19-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp61c (Post 70325691)
he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl:amazed:?

I guess you've heard about that Anisin fella for example, haven't you?

kp61c 08-19-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 70325953)
I guess you've heard about that Anisin fella for example, haven't you?

so now every undersized kid can play in the khl at the age of 18 because there's such player as anisin. good logic, well done :clap:

Caser 08-19-2013 06:12 AM

Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the phrase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?

kp61c 08-19-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?
why such players as anisin are able to be competitive in the khl?

wings5 08-19-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caser (Post 70326455)

Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?

They do have among the fittest kids in Europe/worldwide. My guess is a lot of sports so they are very active. Ex. Lithuania were basically 90 % of kids growing up play basketball is # 1 in Europe.

http://www.vexen.co.uk/countries/fil...sity_chart.jpg

cska78 08-19-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caser (Post 70326455)

well, in Russia they always let talented kids play, even though their height and size weren't to the spec. Also nowadays, hockey is a very expensive sport; therefore, if your family can afford it - you will find spots.

Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows

Caser 08-19-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 70328099)
Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows

Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training

wings5 08-19-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caser (Post 70331159)
Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training

Probably not, they just don't emphasize working out as early as kids in NA, many of these kids probably play soccer too growing up. Whereas the elite talent in NA play for only a few years or not at all.

SoundAndFury 08-21-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp61c (Post 70326273)
so now every undersized kid can play in the khl at the age of 18 because there's such player as anisin. good logic, well done :clap:

Using the same logics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp61c (Post 70326273)
he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl?

So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.

kp61c 08-21-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 70388087)
Using the same logics:

So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.

i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year

Atas2000 08-21-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp61c (Post 70392803)
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year

Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...

SoundAndFury 08-22-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp61c (Post 70392803)

For starters, I've never said he's making the KHL this year. It's just that size obviously isn't that important in the KHL and he isn't that small (Tkachyov's height is a Russian average) so to base your point on the size alone makes it a pretty weak one.

I Am Classless 08-22-2013 06:54 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ls-competition

I know nothing about him and I'm not much of a "prospector" anyway, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him after those MLG Noscope Skillz

malkinfan 08-22-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 70402335)
Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...

Reminds of a bure, one step quicker than everyone else, skating but especially stick skills. There was no way this guy wasn't getting a shot with an NHL team. Cant wait to see him at the WJC and hopefully with Semin in Carolina soon.

Tkachev is not on level as Tolchinsky in terms of quickness IMO. Tolchinsky is massively underrated.

malkinfan 08-22-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagel Bites (Post 70436617)
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ls-competition

I know nothing about him and I'm not much of a "prospector" anyway, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him after those MLG Noscope Skillz

Lol wrong Tkachyov, there are 2 guys with same name. The one in the skills comp is also very good as well. Don't see him getting ice time in Kazan but he is skilled and has blazing speed. Will eventually break out as a KHL star somewhere IMO.