HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (1st line center) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1485417)

DDs not undersized 08-15-2013 08:22 PM

Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (1st line center)

Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Let's start with the 1st line center :

OFFENSE

???? - ???? - ????
???? - ???? - ????
???? - ???? - ????
???? - ???? - ????
Ex : ????

DEFENSE

???? - ????
???? - ????
???? - ????
Ex : ????

GOALERS

????
????

23rd player (offense or defense) : ????
--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goaler) : ????

NLHabsFan 08-15-2013 08:30 PM

Is there any legit argument against Plekanec? This one should be over quick.

DDs not undersized 08-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLHabsFan (Post 70246811)
Is there any legit argument against Plekanec? This one should be over quick.

Yes, I think I can make the 2nd round later tonight already.

Price My Man Crush 08-15-2013 08:33 PM

The guy on my avatar, ya ya. :naughty:

Talks to Goalposts 08-15-2013 08:34 PM

On ES, Plekanec's line is likely to be the most valuable/important.

But probably not the highest scoring. Decent chance its not even the 2nd highest scoring even strength line either.

xSup3rM4ri0x 08-15-2013 09:12 PM

Gotta go with Plekanec, but maybe Galchy or Eller will have a breakout season and take control of that 1st line :)

NewHabsEra* 08-15-2013 09:23 PM

Easy, our most valuable foward year after year.. Plekanec.

Milhouse40 08-15-2013 10:11 PM

No debate, Plekanec!

Lozela 08-15-2013 10:38 PM

I'm going with Lars Eller. The Tomas Plekanec thing has been done over and over again. Time to move on.

S Bah 08-16-2013 08:48 AM

There is a conundrum about the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines. Whilst the Habs have definitely used the Top Nine version instead of having all of their top players on one line, offensively speaking.

The Habs use their most complete center player (Plekanec) against the Top Unit of opposing teams. Plekanec is joined by Gionta RW that is equally deep as a two/way RW and is joined with Rene Bourque LW to complete that line. All three are very well adapted for the two/way purpose of stopping the opposition's finest while still potting some points themselves.

The Habs 2nd unit usually some form of Pacioretty - Desharnais - ? - Briere -? strictly offence and a real conundrum for Therrien. Other than Pacioretty this line couldn't check hats let alone a hockey player.

The Habs 3rd line should be Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher a very efficient 3rd line. All three know the meaning of the word check when Therrien says it and don't look around for the waitress, as Desharnais and Briere are fumbling for their wallets and trying to disappear.

Conundrum solved, thank you for being patient with my explanation.:handclap: class over for this year.